Ttc #2

Congratulations Slammerkin! I'm sure you will love having a boy. :)

Congrats slammer!!! How exciting!!

Me next... will update tomorrow. I am sure I am joining you, Shaele & BSelck in team blue!

congrats slammerkin! I think it must be a boy thing because I had to go back in 2 weeks too cause he wasn't in position. lol. sorry you lost the war on the name but I think having one of each will be fun! and while a sister would be a nice buddy for our daughters already I'm sure they will play with their brothers too =) do we get to know the name?? sorry I'm nosey hehe

good luck pompey! let us know asap!

Good luck Pompey looking forward to hearing your news :D

Hehe, no, I like to keep the name secret! I like something at least to be a surprise when baby comes. :)

Can't wait to hear from pompey!

So I was right.... BOY!!! Although I've had a gut feeling for a long time, I am still struggling to get my head around it a bit, but I'm sure once he's here it'll be fine. We've more or less decided on a name but we're not telling friends or family either for the same reason as slammer. But I am bursting to tell someone , so will tell you ladies. We're going to call him Jamie unless another name we both like more is decided. I've always struggled with boys names, find girlie names so much easier! xxx

congrats pompey and welcome to team blue! thats a lovely name! dh and i had more trouble coming up with boys names we both liked than girls too. so i feel your pain.

Shaele & Slammer - I also have to go back in 2 weeks time for another scan. Certain parts couldn't be seen clearly due to the way he way laying and moving. Not complaining!

He was moving loads on the scan but I didn't feel a thing. Put my mind at ease :)

@shaele: Glad to hear your last scan went well. My lady bug never cooperates neither lol.

@Pomp and slam: Congrats on team blue!! It seems like we all have one of each now haha

Afm, last day in the second tri. My goodness it has flew! I get kicks all day now lol. The doctor ended up prescribing me a belly band because now I can barely walk. Now I am just counting down till 32 weeks as then I will start getting weekly monitoring. Only 2 more months now!!

Has anyone heard from Bsleck or Vel?

Hey ladies!

Pompey and slammer- congrats and the baby boys!!

Hunni- congrats on entering 3rd tri! That is a huge goal of mine this time around!!

As for me, I have been gone for what seems forever because we finally have internet in our new house! We've moved, gained full custody of my step daughters, had a birthday party for our 11 year old step daughter, had my parents in town, did school orientation and had guests over from out of town!! It has been crazy!

But, I'm on the 3rd week of my progesterone shots... The first one I was sooooo sore, but the next was fine and my 3rd one is this week.

My scans have been awesome and baby is measuring 3 days ahead which always puts me at ease.

We've done a bit of shopping for the new baby- (just a few cute newborn outfits since he will get everything from his brother). And I finally decided to invest into a diaper genie since we will now have two boys in diapers!! Ahh!

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well and so happy to hear there are more baby boys out there! I feel like everyone around me is having girls!! In target, I feel I get slight depression on having another boy because the baby girl clothes suck me in and I get Tracy that I will never be able to buy them for a baby of my own. Plus I'm throwing my cousins baby shower who is having a girl and although at least I get to buy some girl stuff- this still makes me a little sad :(

Talk to everyone soon! :happydance:

I am just happy you are having your rainbow B!! Congrats on everything going so well for you! I have 8 more shots to go :( those things are painful

It feels good to be in the 3rd tri and officially 7 months now..just 2 more to go.

Good to hear from you BSelck sounds like you've had a crazy few weeks but glad everything is going well :) your boys will grow up as best friends I'm sure -
That's the bonus of having two the same gender. My husband has 2 brothers and 2 sisters, his younger brother is only 2 years apart from him and they're great friends, always have been.

Thanks Hunni! Those shots are painful!!

And thanks Rose! I needed to hear that!

I had a browse round ASDA today looking for boys clothes and felt incredibly uninspired! I kept getting drawn to the girls clothes. The selection was tiny and it was full of dull colours like blues, greys and very dark reds. I want bright colours! (bright green, bright blue, bright red, yellow, orange etc) Boys can wear bright colours without looking girly :( So disappointing!

BSelck - your boys will grow up best buds, I am sure. That is the pro of having two of the same gender. I wanted another girl myself so Anabella could have a sister to grow up with, but it wasn't meant to be. I am feeling a slight amount of gender disappointment if I'm being totally honest, and clothes shopping doesn't help!!

How's everyone else doing?

Movements are getting a bit more regular for me which is good. I feel him most days now.

We've kept everything from when Anabella was born so whilst I am off work this week and next , I am trying to have a sort out and sell all her clothes. It is such a huge task!! 4 years worth of clothes is no mean feat!!

aww I hear ya pompey...girl clothes really are the best and I'm having a bit of trouble looking at those dull colors in boy clothes too but cute ones exist I promise! just keep looking. I remember going shopping to pick out some and it took me at least an hour to find stuff I liked...meanwhile I was like all the girl clothes are great here but most of the boy clothee suck! and yes going through 4 years of clothes is a lot lol. I have 2 years worth now and I dread it...so much so that I convinced myself if I had another girl I'd just buy new clothes instead of gping through dd's old ones haha. my dh would never even know anyway. are you done having kids after this one? cause you might have another girl if not...in any case good luck and I'm sure as time goes on you'll feel better about having a boy. I'm still working on it too. =)

glad to hear you're back online bselck! totally forgot you were moving. that must have been fun...not. you had a really busy few weeks but it looks like everything is working out your way. so happy to hear that!!!

Pompey I always found nice clothes for Alfie in Next, M&Co and mothercare. Sometimes sainsburys have some nice ones too. He is in to brightly coloured clothes, I was never in to baby blue with him, we bought brightly coloured prints from the start. Also when we went to Canada we found some really lovely baby grows in Carters. Maybe you could order some online? Not sure if you have Carters where you are, Shaele?

I think it's probably the time of the year - Spring is the best time to find lots of brightly coloured clothes. I always buy in advance in the sale from my favourite stores so I am prepared and save money :D

Pompey I'm having some gender disappointment too. It's hard to imagine bonding with a little boy, but I'm sure it will happen and all will be fine. I think at least if I could get excited about a name I liked I'd feel better, but there's no arguing with DH on this one. It's not a bad name, just boring and a family name, and I'm really not into repeating family names. Blah.

I'm also feeling more movement now too, so that's nice. We're having identical pregnancies or something. :)

Shaele, glad you found some nice boy clothes even if it took a while. Maybe I'll go shopping to try and perk myself up a bit about the boy. There must be a few cute things I can find. I'm hoping to get a lot of clothes from friends though.

Rose, we have Carters around me - both dedicated Carters stores and they are also sold in a couple other places. They definitely have cute stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->