Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

hi everyone--i see we are back up and running AGAIN!

im not gonna make a long post-feeling out of it still-i think that i should back off the coq10 a bit---@faithmum---i think it is screwing with my blood sugar...

well dpo2 and I managed not to POAS!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tty all tomorrow!

Ok I am just going to make this quick as I have written 2 long posts in the past 2 days and neither one of them has gone through? I know it was down but it allowed me later to go on and write but nothing....

hi everyone--i see we are back up and running AGAIN!

im not gonna make a long post-feeling out of it still-i think that i should back off the coq10 a bit---@faithmum---i think it is screwing with my blood sugar...

well dpo2 and I managed not to POAS!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

tty all tomorrow!

Ok I am just going to make this quick as I have written 2 long posts in the past 2 days and neither one of them has gone through? I know it was down but it allowed me later to go on and write but nothing....

Well that's annoying!

Oh yay it worked! Glad to be back! Also on the tww! Not sure if I'm 1 or 2 dpo?? Had a really bad wind storm yesterday that knocked the power out so alarm didn't go off. Of course the most important day, hoping to see the spike and all....
So I take my temp 1/2 hour later and I have to get up to get a flashlight to see it, it's 97.1 not what I was expecting. Go back to bed and try again 5 mins later and it's 97.6??? I didn't move more than about 10 steps all together. I'm thinking that I put my thermometer in my mouth wrong the first time? I'm going with the 2nd temp. I think I o'd 2 days ago but I'm sure FF will say that I o'd yesterday. Any thoughts ladies?

Excited for you to test Dysan and Faithmum!! Thanks for warming up the tww for the rest of us!! I agree with you guys about the testing early I can't do it because I don't want to deal with the disappointment. I usually wait until at least 11 dpo.
Bonnie- maybe you are tired from the time change? I am exhausted today, barely functioning at 50%. I swear it's the time change and all the bd'ing!!!
My dh shocked me yesterday with not wanting to go for his run in the am and wanting to be instead! I was like "ok" it's one of our days!!

hi ladies, sitting here, cramping a little bit and wanting to go to bed to get 8 good hours but not feeling very sleepy.

fluffy, i know what you mean about bd... dh and i have been on a break since last week...hahaha...i told him that soon enough we'll probably start our marathon again so we need to gather our strenght.

hope you all have a good night.

Morning ladies!

MG i am 2dpo also, like yourself i was unsure using my opk when i ov exactly but on monday i had mild ov cramping so im going on that day as ov day :)
Nervous & exited for this months 2ww and fx'd that this could be my month :)

Anyway my housework requires attention now but ill check in later on :)

:dust:

Morning...ff is getting on my nerves!
Roasted all night with a warm blanket so I knew temp spiked good. Sure enough 97.95. Ff still didn't give be crosshairs in research mode. Had to force it to OPK mode again. Who the bleep knows what out bodies do!
Slept crapy again. Yes time change is messing with me still. This year they have hit me hard. Woke up starving and just had a carnation instant breakfast. I still think I need to reduce the coq10 and will drop t to only one cap today

Ok mg & fluffy. It's on us now I think or did I miss someone? I'm still not fully awake. Must get in the shower now. I will check in later.

Fx'd dysan!

Hi ladies had comp problems wouldn't let me post

can i get in on the no poas pact,although think i will break it as only 6 dpo and poas already lol

fluffy, fx for this month for all of us

bonnie, how do i get my chart on here i can only get the round graph on,whats difference in opk and reaearch mode only started using tt this month

welcome jenny

dysan, hope u managed to get a decent sleep

marathon girl,does getting up to take a pee effect your temps much (upto now managed to hold on till after temp took but always desperate for loo in a morning)

AFM, i got my crosshairs this morning and am 6 dpo today and already poas lol,i got positive opks on cd14,15 and 16 and ff picked up on cd 14 as ov date,still not got peak on cbfm and running out of sticks (been reading high since cd 8)as for bding i have to fight dh of everyday and tell him he needs to have a good supply of :spermy: for fertile days lol.

Hi ladies had comp problems wouldn't let me post

can i get in on the no poas pact,although think i will break it as only 6 dpo and poas already lol

fluffy, fx for this month for all of us

bonnie, how do i get my chart on here i can only get the round graph on,whats difference in opk and reaearch mode only started using tt this month

welcome jenny

dysan, hope u managed to get a decent sleep

marathon girl,does getting up to take a pee effect your temps much (upto now managed to hold on till after temp took but always desperate for loo in a morning)

AFM, i got my crosshairs this morning and am 6 dpo today and already poas lol,i got positive opks on cd14,15 and 16 and ff picked up on cd 14 as ov date,still not got peak on cbfm and running out of sticks (been reading high since cd 8)as for bding i have to fight dh of everyday and tell him he needs to have a good supply of :spermy: for fertile days lol.

For the chart-
Go to ff page-->sharing (top menus)-->get code
Copy the "bbCode Code" that is in the box.
Go to you control panel on BnB. Click edit signature of left menus.
Paste code into box and save changes.
Should be all set!

I am usually up a few times a night to pee too. Unless it is really close to my temp time I don't worry about it. I have never noticed a difference. I have on occasion held it if it was only an hour or so until temp time.

Good morning ladies,

10 dpo today. Cramps are gone (i think). My mind is playing tricks on me: I had an extremely vivid dream last night that I got BFP. So obsessed with it...Friday can't come soon enough for me. I had similar dream last cycle and I was actually not pregnant so I can't read anything into that other than obsession. Still have minor stuffy nose. Nothing else otherwise!

So looking ahead when we are actually pregnant...do you girls plan on telling you kids right away? I am thinking that this time I will probably wait until the first trimester is over or we get the ultrasound screening that we get here between 11 and 14 weeks - to let my little ones and everyone else know. Last two times I pretty much told most of my close friends and family a couple of weeks after finding out (maybe by 7 weeks) but I think that this time around I probably will be more cautious even with close friends and family (except my mom/dad).

Also, are you planning on finding out the gender this time around? I am on the fence on that one. I honestly do not care what gender my third is so I thought that it may be a nice surprise (we found out via ultrasound with our previous 2). The only thing that I liked doing in my previous pregnancies was talk to the baby and call them by name and such...without finding out, that would be so different.

Hope the questions give you a nice fun distraction!
Baby dust to all!

What an awesome diversion dysan!

We plan on waiting to tell the kids until after the first tri. I personally have never experienced a mc but they have been through 2 with their mom and DB. With age a factor I want to be as sure as possible there are no issues. I know it's a sensitive subject and I haven't seen anything on here about it, but I honestly don't think I could or would continue if there were any major problems. I know that may sound selfish and maybe my thoughts would be different in the real situation but right now that's where I am at.

Gender now that's a tough one too. I did not find out with either of my other two. We are hoping for a boy to have a junior. I think it would be easier to know and plan but it also half the fun not knowing! There are so few true surprises left in life! So that one I am torn...it will probably be a last minute decision!

I hope I have not offended anyone with the above.

Hi Girls!!

B & B shutting down could cause mass hysteria so they should be more careful about notifying us!!

So many comments I wanted to make but I'm at work so I've got to be brief.

Alin3boys - Join the pac! We are tempting to stay as sane :rofl::rofl: and positive this month!

Dysan - I LOVE that you're having such beautifully vivid dreams. I know our bodie's know things long before our brains figure it out.

Bonnie - Thanks so much for that help on FF. That is so frustrating when FF does that - but I am sure you Bd'd at the right time girl. One thing I wanted to mention that may help with your blood sugar is ditching the instant breakfast. I have hypoglycemia so I have to be really careful about the glycemic loads of everything I eat/drink. Those are really hard on your blood sugar (unless you're doing a sugar-free version) and will cause a rapid spike followed by a pronouned BS decrease. If can, have some solid protein like a hard boiled egg, greek yogurt or even a tablespoon of peanut butter with it. That will help slow the digestion and therefor slow the entry into your bloodstream. It might sound counterintuitive to losing weight but it will actually help your appetite. Hope that helped and wasn't unwelcome advise - :flower:
The other thing I've read about CoQ10 is that taking smaller doses a few times a day increases absorption and probably has less effect on your BS.

MG - I had B&B do the same thing to me when I responded and lost all of it. Arggh that was frustrating. I've done the same thing with taking temps. I have taken one and then another right after without even moving and it has been higher. Sometimes I wonder if I was sleeping with my mouth open ?? I know FF tells you take the first one but when that has happened and the second one is the same as my normal reading (around 98.2) I take the second.

Fluffy - welcome to the 2ww and glad you had some nice positive signs around ovulation. I didn't have any signs this month other than my temp increasing :growlmad:

What an awesome diversion dysan!

We plan on waiting to tell the kids until after the first tri. I personally have never experienced a mc but they have been through 2 with their mom and DB. With age a factor I want to be as sure as possible there are no issues. I know it's a sensitive subject and I haven't seen anything on here about it, but I honestly don't think I could or would continue if there were any major problems. I know that may sound selfish and maybe my thoughts would be different in the real situation but right now that's where I am at.

Gender now that's a tough one too. I did not find out with either of my other two. We are hoping for a boy to have a junior. I think it would be easier to know and plan but it also half the fun not knowing! There are so few true surprises left in life! So that one I am torn...it will probably be a last minute decision!

I hope I have not offended anyone with the above.

You're right - what a great diversion Dysan!

I am going to wait until the second trimester to tell my kids but I'll tell my sister. I would love to tell the kids right away especially my daughter who has been begging me for years to have another baby. She wants me to adopt a baby from Haiti! Has it all planned out for me! Many adoption agencies have an age cut off of 45 - can you believe that madness?? I am a way better mom than I was at 30.

I like the idea of the surprise for sure. I was surprised with my first but not with the twins. I have turned into a bit of a planner so I would kind of like to know at this point.

No offense here darlin' :flower::flower:

Hi Girls!!

B & B shutting down could cause mass hysteria so they should be more careful about notifying us!!

So many comments I wanted to make but I'm at work so I've got to be brief.

Alin3boys - Join the pac! We are tempting to stay as sane :rofl::rofl: and positive this month!

Dysan - I LOVE that you're having such beautifully vivid dreams. I know our bodie's know things long before our brains figure it out.

Bonnie - Thanks so much for that help on FF. That is so frustrating when FF does that - but I am sure you Bd'd at the right time girl. One thing I wanted to mention that may help with your blood sugar is ditching the instant breakfast. I have hypoglycemia so I have to be really careful about the glycemic loads of everything I eat/drink. Those are really hard on your blood sugar (unless you're doing a sugar-free version) and will cause a rapid spike followed by a pronouned BS decrease. If can, have some solid protein like a hard boiled egg, greek yogurt or even a tablespoon of peanut butter with it. That will help slow the digestion and therefor slow the entry into your bloodstream. It might sound counterintuitive to losing weight but it will actually help your appetite. Hope that helped and wasn't unwelcome advise - :flower:
The other thing I've read about CoQ10 is that taking smaller doses a few times a day increases absorption and probably has less effect on your BS.

MG - I had B&B do the same thing to me when I responded and lost all of it. Arggh that was frustrating. I've done the same thing with taking temps. I have taken one and then another right after without even moving and it has been higher. Sometimes I wonder if I was sleeping with my mouth open ?? I know FF tells you take the first one but when that has happened and the second one is the same as my normal reading (around 98.2) I take the second.

Fluffy - welcome to the 2ww and glad you had some nice positive signs around ovulation. I didn't have any signs this month other than my temp increasing :growlmad:

Now that I have ov'd I'm going to stop the coq10 for a few days and see if I notice a difference if I start to see an improvement I will start to add it back but only one tab at a time. Thanks for the info on the shakes. DB drinks them all the time and I have taken to having it for the car ride to work after the gym. They are not the sugar free kind. I have tried eggs and Greek yogurt but they are not difficult in the run and I need something that hour after workout before I get to work. Because I have been feeling hypoglycemic I figured it was a healthy alternative-getting protein from the milk and the extra vitamins and sugar from the shake. I will have to plan better.

Hey B - I've made smoothies with greek yogurt, banana and flax seed (adding a little agave or stevia for sweetner). Those didn't mess with my BS much (if you're looking for something on the fly).

So...I found this fertility visualization video on youtube. I have watched it twice now and feel so relaxed and at ease afterward. Maybe another diversion for the 2ww?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73v3d9A2SLk

I found this one yesterday-love it!
https://m.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/03/awesome-pregnancy-time-lapse-video-goes-viral/

Girls the diversions are brill :) just what we needed I reckon!

@dysan I would wait until the 12 week scan before telling anyone although my sister would know as I tell her most things......she's got 5 kids and is my younger sister.
My boys are quite young but my 4 yr old would prob tell everyone at his preschool lol!
My baby is 2 next week and he's terrified of small babies lol.....he's never been used to them as he's the youngest of the children in my house and he just backs away when he sees one......so that'll be interesting lol!

I found out the gender with my last and to be honest it took a little of the excitement away from the whole experience so next time I'd leave it a surprise :) if I'm lucky to have another healthy baby I don't mind what gender it is :)

Glad to see b&b is still up and running :)

:dust:

Thanks for the videos Ladies!!I will definitely be using those to relax. I thought I would feel a lot more relaxed after O and the bd frenzy but I am not for some reason??
FF put my crosshairs in today and put on cd13 which makes me 3dpo today.I'll take it!
Bonnie- what is the difference between the 2 modes on FF? I just put my temps in and it did everything. I was surprised that it took Monday's remp as a post o temp. It made my coverline lower than I thought it was. I agree with Faithmum on the Instant Breakfast maybe too much sugar? I too make smoothies all of the timewith fruit and soymilk or almond milk.
Dysan- As far as telling the kids I waited the last time until 11 weeks and had just told them when I found out the baby had died so I don't know? They have already been through one miscarriage. The other trouble is that I was showing quite early and they were asking me all of the time if I was so.....About the sex for sure I want to know. I found out with my first 2 and want to know this time around.
Hope everyone is doing well. Can't wait for Dysan and Faithmum to test!!

Oh MG - you reminded me of the BEST healthy chocolate treat ever. Dark Chocolate Almond Milk!! And now they make a less sweet version. Yum!!!

OK gals, I've got sore BB's. Both are sore and have sensitive nips. Last month I had no sore BB's, the month before my L was sore and the month before that my R was sore. Isn't that goofy?? Do you ever wonder if your BB's get more sore just because you're pushing on them all the time?

Hope you all are doing well this evening! I'm going to eat dinner outside by the fire with the kiddos. It's a beautiful night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->