Ttc #3 over 35 - anyone else in the same boat??

You need a basal thermometer. You can find them in the area of the store with the pregnacy tests and opks and such. A digi is the easiest to read as you temp out 2 decimal places.

Pick the best time-I use 5am as that is mostly my normal wake time. On weekends I will set my alarm temp and go back to sleep if I don't wake on my own close to it. There is also a formula to subtract .20 from temp for each hour past normal waking.

You can take orally, axillary (armpit) or vaginally. Just take it the same way the entire cycle. Consistency is key.

Start on cd1 that's great

You use ff on your iPhone right? Post a link on your bnb signature to your chart so we can stalk! Instructions are back a few pages on the thread

thank you Bonnie! I will go get one later today so I can temp in the AM.
I dont use FF but I guess I will get it. Today it's too late already to tempt but will start tomorrow and create an account on FF and I will put the alarm like you suggested. I use an iphone app to track my cycle called "period tracker" (lite version - free). not the same thing as I dont see a space to put in temps.

MG I live in Colorado. And yep - positive and ignorant is what I like too :winkwink:

Bonnie I hope you get your massive signs soon! Since you're the self-professed pee-er on a stick :rofl::rofl: we can start placing bets on when your first one will be....hey it's a diversion for all of us in the 2ww!!

Dysan the bbt really gave me some reassuring information. I do the same as Bonnie and just set my alarm then go to sleep. Many of them come with a memory so that you can check the last temp you took when you actually wake up. For mine you have to be super fast looking at it because it blinks then is gone.

Fluffy - how's the 2ww going for you? Still having symptoms?

Bring on the BFPs!!

I got mine at CVS. I forget that you are here and not UK. Hard to keep track sometimes!

Send me you email and I'll send you a ff referral. The give you a free VIP month to start and often carry specials on Facebook. I got a one year substriptikn for like $25 on sale! You just have to watch.

Starting tomorrow is fine!

Faithmum most of our primary schools held a day where all the kids wore green, tomorrow we have band parades and people mainly wear little bunches of shamrocks on their clothing and then most head off to a pub to drown them lol!

Yes my digi is sitting waiting to be used on a special occasion lol.....no glass box though just my bathroom cabinet lol!

Usually I have every single test used and have to buy more so this could be a sign that it's still there waiting :)

Bonnie I'm sticking to testing next Friday as my AF is due Saturday! I'm not as addicted to poas as I was last month really don't know why!
This 2ww has gone past very fast I think, I'm half way through already and this time last month I was the opposite that it was a real drag!!
Feeling positive that I will stick to poas this day next week for sure lol......hope my positivity stays lol!!

Faithmum are you due to test soon??

:dust:

Bonnie you truely are the queen of temping lol......you have loads of info that I really have no need for google lol......ever thought of writing a book :haha:

Bonnie you truely are the queen of temping lol......you have loads of info that I really have no need for google lol......ever thought of writing a book :haha:

Yes Bonnie - like MG said we LOVE your geekiness and your expertise on FF :flower:

Fluffy - Awww...sounds like a great time over there. I want to wear a bunch of shamrocks!

I'm testing with Sunday's FMU. I'm in a strange spot in that I'm not holding out much hope but I'm remaining hopeful and positive. I agree Fluffy this 2ww is going by much fast than the last one.

Good luck to us all - Fluffy send us the luck of the Irish!

Aww i really do hope so faithmum......wishing us all a very lucky march������

Hi ladies- sounds like everyone has their heads on straight this month! I just think its taken us a while to get used to this TTC thing in that it's not a
Ways an instant thing. I know my dh still can't believe that even when we time it perfectly it doesn't automatically happen?? Every month that gets by he gets more incredulous it seems.
Dysan- I'm glad you are going to temp it really does give you a lot of valuable info. I know both my acupuncturist and my TCM doctor look at my charts to see patterns. Maybe think about taking B6 this cycle to help with lp?? I take it and I know some of the other ladies do as well.
Faithmum- good for you for waiting! I'm proud of you!!
E to

Good evening ladies,

I am here with an update. I am still wearing the same pad as I did this morning and nothing on it. On day 1 my flow is usually very heavy so this is not my norm and with spotting yesterday I dont even know if this is day 1 or if technically was yesterday. I have been in the bathroom probably 10 times today. Every time I wipe, there is blood but I have no flow. I would say that this is a heavy spotting or extremely light AF - that's the best I can describe it as. It has been about 24 hours now. Started having a few cramps again this evening (minor). We'll see what happens tomorrow and if my flow starts.

marathongirl, thanks for the b6 suggestion! I will go and buy some tomorrow. I take prenatals so can I take b6 simultaneously? I never had LP issues and my cycle has never been this short either so I am thinking it is a fluke but the b6 can't hurt.

I did not get a chance to get out to the the right thermometer to start temping. My two little ones kept me busy and unable so i will have to go tomorrow to CVS to get it and also the b6.

You ladies rock!

Dysan- I take 50mg of B6 on top of my prenatal. That is fine. I think my thermometer is just a digital one but not specifically a bbt one. It seems fine. Do you have a thermometer at home because you could temp tomorrow and even though you don't know your cover line you can almost guarantee that if your temp is over 98 than you aren't having af. What do you ladies think? Everyone is different but a temp over 98 is a high post o temp, too high for af. Just a thought?

Yes, I have several normal thermometers!!!!!!!!! I will use that one first thing in the AM.
hahaha just run to temp myself and my temp right now is 97.1. i know it needs to be in the AM...but curiosity got the best of me.

Yes, I have several normal thermometers!!!!!!!!! I will use that one first thing in the AM.
hahaha just run to temp myself and my temp right now is 97.1. i know it needs to be in the AM...but curiosity got the best of me.

That sounds a bit low. My temp is usually higher in the afternoon so about 98.3 after O:shrug: just wait until tomorrow and pick a time. Mine is 630:hugs:

I usually run anywhere from 97.7 and up after o. My cover is usually around 97.5

Yesterday and today are not day one! Day one only starts with full bleeding!

A book? Thanks but except for my time explaining IVF benefits and learning about them then, all of this has been just picked up since oh maybe December. We started TTC right after new years.

B vitamins I believe are water soluble??? Not 100% on that but water soluble you just pee out the excess like vit c. I know a good b complex can give you quite the energy boost too!

Well heading to bed. DSS is staying over agin tonight. Breakfast buffet to try and fill him up early am, then drop my car for an oil change and DB and I are going for a 4 mile walk between two places.

Night ladies!

Good morning ladies :)

Id like to wish you all a happy st paddys day from me :)

Im going to be busy baking today as tomorrow is mothers day and ive got cupcakes to bake for my mum, so ill check in later on to see how everyone has got on today :)

Bye for now

:dust:

so db has us up at 6:30 for breakfast buffet at 7:30.....ugh lol
then my car is dropped off at 9 for service and we are going on a 4 mile hike between two different parks. we also are going to set dsd's (stuffed) hamster on an "adventure" looks like he will bungee jump or parachute from the top of the fire tower at one of the parks!

so 6do
weird dreams last nite..dont know if i'd call them vivid, but they were strange. not baby related. bbs maybe a bit sore. sometimes i wonder if i am starting to feel nauseaus....

i was blessed not to have ms with either of my other pregnancies...i feel like i am doomed to suffer this time :haha:

have a great day all and happy st. patricks day!

Happy St. Patrick's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie those symptoms sounds really promising.

As for me, AF is in full power today so I will count today as CD1 and spotting last 2 cycles. Starting my b6 today. My gameplan this month is EOD because it was too much last cycle for me and it obviously did not yield great results...haha.

Hoping that third time's a charm for me. I think that I may order one of those gail readings.

I'm hoping third time is you charm! That's my hope this month too!

5 miles of walking this am. 2 different parks.
We still have a boil water advisory so hoping that is lifted soon so I can do dishes. My kitchen is trashed! Lol but the boys (DB & DSS) had fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->