TTC 30s/40s Club

Hi Nic

OMG! there are so many similarities I thought I was reading my own post :rofl:

I am also a Nic, just turned 33 in may & my hubby is 31!

Werlcome to B&B :hugs: xx

Thank you for the welcome!! where does everyone get the fabulous emoticons & TTC charts?

Hi Cerilou

Welcome to B&B good luck TTC :hug: xx

Thanks Nicky

I am so glad I found this website. It's nice to know there are other ladies who I can e-mail when I'm stressing about TTC stuff.

Forgot to say, I am 36 and my partner is 34. My dd is 2 next week!
xx

:wave: Hiya to all of you who've posted here lately! Lot's of :dust: to you all and hope to get to know you better very soon! :hugs:

Nicnac - for the emoticons, click on the "go advanced" thingy and you'll find them! TTC charts can be got from www.lilypie.com (Select BB code when you get to the end), www.fertilityfriend.com and ww.tickerfactory.com amongst others! (You can google "TTC ticker" for more!) then go to edit your signature! Looking forward to seeing some nice blinkies on there! :lol:

Hi I am new to this too. Wish I had seen this site earlier as had a miscarriage at end of last year and there is some fab info and support here I could have done with at the time.

TTC now since feb (had a little break after MC) and nothing working. My cycle is a bit long too so it feels I have to wait even longer each time! I'm 34 and feel old and like I've left it too late - so it's good to read everyone else's story and find I'm not the only one thinking like that.

Nice to meet you all. x

Hi Loo :hi:

Welcome to B&B it's nice to meet you, hope your stay in TTC isn't a long one

(meant in the nicest possible way) :rofl: xx

Hi I am new to this too. Wish I had seen this site earlier as had a miscarriage at end of last year and there is some fab info and support here I could have done with at the time.

TTC now since feb (had a little break after MC) and nothing working. My cycle is a bit long too so it feels I have to wait even longer each time! I'm 34 and feel old and like I've left it too late - so it's good to read everyone else's story and find I'm not the only one thinking like that.

Nice to meet you all. x

Hi Loo,

Welcome - just like you have been going at this TTC lark all alone (apart from OH, of course, :rofl:) without the knowledge of BnB.

It's a great place, really does help.

Lots of luck

Thanks for the welcomes. My hubby has been very supportive....but this forum is a different sort of support. Just hearing others' stories helps put your own in to perspective and makes you feel less abnormal!! Fingers crossed for us all eh?

Nice to meet you all. x

:wave: Hi there Loo! I'm 34 too (for another month anyway!) It's not too late at all chick - don't think that way! My grandma got pg at 42 and that was way back before anyone knew anything about ttc let alone talked about it! (she would be about 103 now if she was still with us!)

Welcome & good luck to you all....

Hope you get your :bfp: V. SOON!!

Liz..xx

Hello all the new Gals-
Hope to see you around but only for a short time. FX for BFP's.

Hello! I'm new here. Just came across this forum today and decided I needed to be here...lol My name is Katalina, but you can all call me Kat for short. I'm 34, and DH is turning 32 this month. We have been TTC off and on for the past year. We actually took a long break last year because I was just making everything worse with my obsession of getting pregnant. I put DH under a lot of stress, and lets just say, performance was affected.:blush:

So, I stopped the charting and temps...stopped telling him when I was ovulating and tried to be natural about it. I also stopped for my own sanity...Gave myself a break.

We've recently started trying again, but no charting yet. I'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks as we are in our waiting period now.

I've also been diagnosed with fibroids and my dr. said that I could have complications conceiving. I know that many women get pregnant successfully even WITH them, but I also know that it could be a challenge as well, depending on the placement and sizes...Mine were decent sized the last time we checked.

I have been feeling "different" the last few days. I've had cramps all day for the last 3-4 days now. Almost like a discomfort feeling of bloating, and not what my cramps in the past have felt like. I have overslept a couple of times this week, and I usually wake up early on my own. (could be the heat too...it's been pretty hot here the last week and it's usually not). Guess we'll see what happens here. I'll do a PT on around the 11th or 12th. That should be enough time.

My biological clock has been ticking for years now...seriously. I've wanted to be a mom for years now, and I am so fortunate to have my DH who truly is, my best friend. He's incredible and so supportive. We've been battling the baby decision for years now, because I have some pounds to lose (I'm in my 220's currently), and we thought it would be better for me to lose the weight first, for health and THEN TTC. I've been torn back and forth between this for the last couple of years, and it just seems like we're always putting TTC off, because we want do what's best for us.

Recently, I just called it quits and told him I don't care if I'm overweight, I really feel like my intuition is telling me to go for it now! Don't wait any longer, just do it now. Everything should fall into place. You hear women talking about the delivery, and being in the best shape possible for it, because it will make it easier on you...I hear that. I do intend to be active by walking throughout my pregnancy, so there are things I will still do to try and get in baby shape.

I'm also having some issues with decisions and work. I recently quit the job that I was at for numerous reasons, and DH told me to not worry and just take some time off. I don't know if we can do that financially...I've worked continuously since I was 15 yrs old! I feel a bit guilty right now for not contributing, especially when I see him working so hard. It's just such a new feeling for me, but I need the time off for emotional reasons, and maybe this is a better time than any to try..right?

I am so sorry to haven written a novel here ladies...lol I guess I just needed somewhere safe to come to. There's not a lot of people I can talk to about any of this. My family lives in another province, and I've really had to cut out a lot of "poisonous" friends out of my life.

Nice to meet you all, and I pray that everyone here gets their BFP very soon :)

Hey Kat,

Welcome!

I'm Nic, 33, (OH 31), and we've been TTC'ing for about a year too.

Your post really rang true for me, as all the medical degree stuff has had it's effects on me & my OH. He too got a bit scared/put off/distracted when I came running at him with screams of OV OV OV. Well maybe not quite running, but in his eyes it wasn't far off.

I've been hankering after a family for a while and we had to put it off for finances/jobs blah blah, but we finally thought...never the right time, but always the right baby. So we got right back in it/on it (Not sure which sounds worse!)

I think BnB has saved my sanity and his. It's really great being able to come on here and talk to other girls feeling exactly like you do, find buddies that are in the same part of the cycle, and you can swap advice, ideas, check out your worries without feeling like a lunatic!

So wishing you lots of luck...hope it's a short journey with the TTC forum and soon you'll be in BFP's.

:hug::hug::hug:
PS: Says you're from Alberta...my Uncle's from Edmonton...lovely neck of the woods to hail from - lucky you. Does that mean you're up incredibly early or incredibly late? I can never remember. :dohh:

we found the same too - charting reasssured me I ovulated (I have an irregular cycle) but the down side was the 'business' that it became...rather than pleasure.

Have had to take a break from charting, and go with the flow more, rather than precision!

we're both 34 and I think we have put off TTC for this reason and that reason....and tbh there is no right time. THink we all just have to go with what feels right. I am still trying to lose weight at we TTC, just healthy eating, no snacks, some exercise etc But you can end up putting things off forever can't you?

Don't feel bad about your career break - if it's what you need then I am sure you'll be glad you did it. You can support him back in other ways that aren't just financial.

Good luck.

Thanks Nic, thanks Loo. It's nice to meet you both.

I agree with you both that we may never find the "perfect timing", and that it should just feel right in your heart...and it sure feels "right" now.

Loo- I completely agree...I can support him in so many other ways. I never really looked at it that way :) thanks!

I'm really not feeling well today at all. I woke up with nausea and extreme heartburn. It doesn't help that I had a "bad choice meal" last night either...grrr

Well ladies, thanks for responding and I really look forward to getting to know you gals better :)

Hi im Kerry im 40 had reversal feb 08, got married on 31may 08 to a wonderful man, i have 4 children so i have already been blessed, now trying for no 5

Hi there Kez,

Welcome and good luck with TTC #5 - you lucky thing!!!!

:hug:

Hi there...thought I'd scribble a few lines to introduce myself, as I'm new round here. Have been having a good read so far but not much posting.....its nice to meet some like-minded ladies! All the rest of my friends are either pregnant or def don't want to be...so no one to really chat to.

I'm 38 (for just a few more days) I have a beautiful baby girl...16 months old. Life has been up and down over the last couple of years. It took ages to get pregnant with her, and then at 6 weeks old she was diagnosed with cancer....so the first her year of life was pretty much spent by a hospital bed in Gt Ormond St. Thankfully she's done well in her fight and we now feel she deserves a little brother or sister! I'd have got pregnant from day 1 again.....but we agreed she needed her mummy's sole attention!

I had Depo 12 months ago....never again....am just about coming to the end of occasional breastfeeding. AF returned about 5 months ago, but cycles have been anywhere between 15 and 30 days. They seem to be settling slowly! Last month I think I O'd somewhere about 14 or 15 days in....but that was just from those funny crampy ovulation feelings I remermber from last time. I'm currently CD20 and remembering how much the time DRAAAAAAAAAAAGS waiting to test! If nothing this time....then I'm going back to my Clearblue FM as it really helped me to 'get to know myself' last time.

Last time, the only symptons I had.....were no symptons! Every month I found something...convinced I was pregnant....and then :bfn: The one time I got a :bfp: I was convinced I wasn't!

Who knows what our journey will be like this time, but I look forward to sharing it with you xx

hello ladies!
I have been lurking for a little while now and I decided to sign up! I am 30 and DH and I have been TTC for a month now. I just bought my first test and my hands are still shaking! I am the first in my group of friends to get to the baby stage so I don't have many girlfriends who can give me good TTC or pregnancy advice. I look forward to chatting with you all.!
TBird

Hello all you new BnBers! I'm sure you'll soon feel very much at home (if you don't already!) here... this has really been my second home since I joined because, like many of you, I don't have anyone but DH to talk to about TTC in real life. It's great to see two more Canadians on the board, too! There aren't too many of us around! Anyway... welcome, and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome ladies, I joined this site last Friday (this forum was my first stop), I had been TTC for 3 months after a hystopingogram in March to check for tube blockages (none detected but I'd been off the pill 4 years and didn't even come close to pg) and I'm 33 in January.

I got my first :bfp: the day after on the Saturday....you never know, it may bring you luck too!!!...

Lots of babydust to you all....Hope you get your :bfp:'s V soon!!!

:hug:

Liz
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back