TTC 30s/40s Club

Hello, I'm 35 and OH is 32 (another lovely toyboy!) been together 8 years...

Flo's Qs...

From a very young age I said I never wanted children, and this only started to change a couple of years ago (if that). Am I weird?

Snap, only I started to change a couple of months, not years ago!

Are any of you late starters for this kind of reason?

Yes. OH would have started 7 years ago.

If you are TTC#1, do you consider yourself to be 'late' starting a family?

Yes in relation to my mum's generation, but no, not at the moment.

How old was your mother/grandmother when they first had a baby?

Mum 21 & 23, Nan 20, 26 & 40

How do you feel about ttc for the 1st time at this moment in your life? Any regrets? Or the opposite?

Total opposite! I would have been horrified if I got pg before now! Not just the thought of it, but finance, house, lifestyle...

hi im kirsty im ttc baby no 10 i am currently on cd18 but i am not holding out much hope for this month as i am breastfeeding my 6 month old i have been reading a few posts but have yet until now plucked up the courage to post so hello to everyone and good luck.

I'm 31, and i started late to TTC, but it could go Either way. My Biological mom had me at 16, but Adoptive mom had me at 30. All relative i think to when you are ready. I'm read now! bring on a baby :)

Quick question - Is there anyway to mark this page as I have just spent hours trying to find it!!!
xx
TIA for your help!

Up under the page numbers near the top of the page, you'll see thread tools... the subscribe to this thread... do that... then everytime you log on, go to User CP on the left hand side and it'll show up if there're new posts... Hope this helps!

hi everyone well ive been having spotting for about 4/5 days nothing like af i am about 10/11 dpo started a bit reddy brown then paled to light browny pinky but only when i wipe and couple of spots on pad sorry about tmi but just wondered if anyone had any ideas on this thanks x

Hi everybody, it's nice to see that there are lots of us in our 30s TTC. I am 34 in April and have been feeling really broody for the past few years but I went back to college 3 years ago so things were put on hold. I am finished college this year and just went off BCP in December. Just got my first natural period yesterday so this is CD2. Last cycle was 34 days, I hope my cycle won't be too all over the place but will just have to wait and see. Really new to all this!

Hi ladies,

I will be 35 in june ... getting old. DH is 32 ... we too weren't really sure about having kids ... now we are so excited and hopeful. I hope this is the month :)

Hi everyone,
I am 35 and DH is 48. This is our first we are ttc. We have been trying for about a year. He has had sperm and testosterone counts done which have come back normal. As for me, a couple of years ago I got pregnant but wasn't in a stable relationship, so this pregnancy didn't work out.

DH and I are both taking pre-conception vitamins and I no longer drink coffee. I am no 19 dpo and got a bfn this morning. Still waiting for AF to arrive. We are so hoping that we are pregnant, but only time will tell I guess. We are both going through the roller coaster of thinking "are we?" or "are we not"...quite upsetting at times.

As much as I have always wanted to have a family of my own, I was never in a secure and stable enough relationship for this to happen. So for me, i'll be 36 if I fall in the next 10 months, and DH will be 49...so I feel we are getting old. But these days, its all about your attitude as to how old you really are. Alot of women are having there first in their 30's.

I hope to be able to hear the stories of others and share in their joy, and hope that I can share my story with others and share in my joy when a BFP arrivs one day...hopefully sooner than later for all of us !!!

Hello! Wishing you all a lovely short stay in TTCLand!!!

hi well i have tested and got:bfp::happydance::happydance:really hope there will be some more of you ladies with :bfp:s soon good luck i have my fx

Hi everyone,
I am 35 and DH is 48. This is our first we are ttc. We have been trying for about a year. He has had sperm and testosterone counts done which have come back normal. As for me, a couple of years ago I got pregnant but wasn't in a stable relationship, so this pregnancy didn't work out.

DH and I are both taking pre-conception vitamins and I no longer drink coffee. I am no 19 dpo and got a bfn this morning. Still waiting for AF to arrive. We are so hoping that we are pregnant, but only time will tell I guess. We are both going through the roller coaster of thinking "are we?" or "are we not"...quite upsetting at times.

As much as I have always wanted to have a family of my own, I was never in a secure and stable enough relationship for this to happen. So for me, i'll be 36 if I fall in the next 10 months, and DH will be 49...so I feel we are getting old. But these days, its all about your attitude as to how old you really are. Alot of women are having there first in their 30's.

I hope to be able to hear the stories of others and share in their joy, and hope that I can share my story with others and share in my joy when a BFP arrivs one day...hopefully sooner than later for all of us !!!

Hi lioness168,
At least you know that your hubby's counts are all normal, that must have been a relief. My OH is a year and a half younger than me, he is only 32 so am hoping everything is working as it should with him. Having said that his older brother has low sperm mobility and he and his wife conceived through IVF eventually. I think it is better to bring a child into a stable and loving relationship if possible (I know that it doesn't always work out that way) I don't think it matters to the child if you are that bit older especially once you are healthy. 19 dpo with no :witch: sounds good, but it is so frustrating to get :bfn:. Are you temping or using OPKs? I am not doing either yet but am thinking I will start temping next month as I'm not sure if or when I'm even o-ing. Hoping that :bfn: will turn into a :bfp: for you. You are right it is a rollercoaster of emotions and I have only just started out on this TTC journey!

hi well i have tested and got:bfp::happydance::happydance:really hope there will be some more of you ladies with :bfp:s soon good luck i have my fx

Congratulations quail on your :bfp: :bfp::bfp:
It is so nice to read about people's successes. I am really delighted for you!

I hope it is a short stay on ttc land. Shall let you know if anything changes. I'm now 20 DPO - OPK +ve day 12 and 13 (35 days since last AF, normally 28 day cycles).

How is everyone else is going with their TTC/BFP?

QUAIL.....!!!

Congratulations on you BFP!!! How many DPO were you when you got your BFP?

Woohoo !!! Hope you have a Happy and Healthy 9 months ahead :happydance:

Polaris, thank you for your reply and words of encouragement. How are you going? I hope you get a BFP in the first month or so :hugs:

I am now 20 DPO and didn't test this morning as we didn't want to see another BFN, we plan on going to the Drs on Tuesday if AF hasn't arrived by then. Over the past 2 - 3 days my bbs have gotten sorer and sorer and some blue veins are starting to appear, and there are no signs of AF, have the occassional CM, I hope this is a good sign. How is everyone else going with their BFP's?

I have been reading up on the net and other forums and I occasionally get hope that we may get a BFP as some ppl get them 2 weeks or more after AF is due. I also come across other sites/forums that depress me as I do not feel like I am 35 and read about the negatives that this can produce. So reading up on all this does scare me. I pray that we all get our BFP's soon!

Any advice or support is welcomed...sometimes things get a bit scary n matter how much I try and get on with everyday as there is not alot else you can do till either AF shows or a BFP.

Take care everyone, let us know how you are all going!

Lioness168, all your symptoms sound really promising! Good luck in the doctors on Tuesday, please let us know if you get your BFP! FXed for you.

I am just starting into a new cycle so going to get down to the :sex: as soon as I get rid of :witch:!

Thinking of you Polaris, all the best this month once :witch: has finished. How many months you been tcc for? I read somewhere that if you :sex: every 2 or 3 days during the entire cycle and within 3 - 6 months you'll be PG (as long as all fertility tests are fine - if you've had them done).

Any how, going to get some sleep, will keep you all updated when I find out what's happening. In the meantime, :dust: to all :D

Thinking of you Polaris, all the best this month once :witch: has finished. How many months you been tcc for? I read somewhere that if you :sex: every 2 or 3 days during the entire cycle and within 3 - 6 months you'll be PG (as long as all fertility tests are fine - if you've had them done).

Any how, going to get some sleep, will keep you all updated when I find out what's happening. In the meantime, :dust: to all :D

Thank you. It is very early days for me, I just came off BCP in December after being on it for a very long time. Have wanted to have a baby for a few years but it has been on hold for various reasons. Pregnant in 3 to 6 months would be great!! I haven't had any fertility tests done as I've only just started TTC, hoping that all will work out OK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->