TTC 30s/40s Club

Christinamike, how long did it take for your AF to regulate? i was on bcp for 11 years and so far have had three very different cycles. First one was 36 days, which i was expecting after stopping bcp, second was 24 day cycle, both of them lasted five days from start to finish. Last one i had a 34 dya cycle and it lasted 2andhalf days. Were your similiar? it's so annoying !! how long did it take to regulate?

Christinamike, how long did it take for your AF to regulate? i was on bcp for 11 years and so far have had three very different cycles. First one was 36 days, which i was expecting after stopping bcp, second was 24 day cycle, both of them lasted five days from start to finish. Last one i had a 34 dya cycle and it lasted 2andhalf days. Were your similiar? it's so annoying !! how long did it take to regulate?

Loopylew,
The best way for me to explain it is to just give you my dates. I hope this will help you:

Went off the pill on June 22, 2006 (meaning I didn't take the next set of pills following the end of AF)

At that time I wasn't charting regularly, just noting when AF came, and any unusual symptoms:

July 2006 - No AF
August 2006 - 8/18 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
September 2006 - No AF
October 2006 - No AF
November 2006 - 11/7 AF arrived - lasted 5 days (my normal)
December 2006 - 12/16 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
January 2007 - No AF
February 2007 - 2/14 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
March 2007 - 3/27 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
April 2007 - 4/30 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
May 2007 - period from April went into May 4/30 - 5/3
June 2007 - 6/18 AF arrived - lasted 5 days (ONE YEAR SINCE OFF BCP)
July 2007 - No AF (I was also sick due to thyroid problems in July...)
August 2007 - 8/13 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
September 2007 - 9/27 AF arrived - lasted 4 days
October 2007 - No AF
November 2007 - 11/13 AF arrived - lasted 7 days + 3 days of spotting
December 2007 - AF EXPECTED ON 12/25 or 12/26....

Hope this helps somewhat!

I guess I'm here!! I'm 34 years old. I had my tubal reversal on 11/30/07 and expect to have AF around 12/24. I hope that the surgery won't goof up my cycle. My cycles are usually 30-31 days, so we'll be TTC the 5th-12th!!

:hi:I am 37 and have been trying to conceive for about 15 months.

I had a miscarriage about 2 years ago when I was not trying.

It kinda gets me down a lot and I go through periods of obsessive thinking/researching but I am trying to relax more these days.

I have had some tests done (lap and dye etc......so far the NHS has been really helpful to me ) and anyway will need surgery to remove a large fibroid next year as it oculd be preventing implantation so I should really take a break for while but you know how you alway think miracles can happen:dohh:

Good luck everyone and I am looking forward to exchanging too much personal information with you all......:rofl:

leilaxx

Hi

I'm new, 31, married, step mum to 2 fabulous children but hubby & I are also ttc and have been for 2 mnths so early days. Loving the babydust wishes! good luck to everyone!

Tinkers x

leila

sounds like u've had it rough. been no easy ride for me either - hubby had had the snip when we met. nhs wud not fund a reversal so we paid 2k to have snip reversed and then it failed (scar tissue). After 2 years of depression and nhs still refusing another 4k paid out for second reversal and this has worked (thankfully). Although loadsa money, ivf & icsi treatment were still much more. Hoping now that it won't b long ttc (as is everyone!)

Just gotta keep on smiling as believe me I've been at my lowest and do not wanna go bak there.

Tinkers x

Welcome tinkerbell2. Sorry to hear about your issues, but hopefully soon you will have your BFP!

Hi! I'm new to the sight and 4 years ago I met the man of my dreams,after a failed marriage,but soon after I was in a car accident that left me in the hospital about year,lost the use of my left arm,but this wonderful man stayed caring for me the whole time,now we have been trying to conceive for 2mos now, it's hard doing all the opk,charting ,temps. I believe god has a plan but its nice to talk and get support for other women in my shoes. just wanted to introduce myself.

Welcome to B&B! You'll love it here!

Hello everyone,

I stumbled onto this site and thought I might as well join the forum.

I'm 36 and TTC my first. I'll be 37 in March and am not married and not in a relationship (or seeing much hope of one on the horizon). I am also a cancer survivor. I had a rare tumour on one of my ovaries when I was 24. Two surgeries and a year of perimenopause, but I am cancer free for 12 years. After a year off chemo my cycles went back to normal and run like clockwork so the docs think I've got "as good a chance as anyone"...

So you're probably wondering...if she is single how is she TTC... no, I'm not a candidate for the next immaculate conception. I've decided that given my health history and the saharan wasteland that is my dating life, my best option would be to go for single-momhood. I found a lovely gay man willing to be a known donor, and I am trying to concieve via at home artificial insemination.

I'm taking this month to get to know my cycles and am going to go buy some ovulation predictor kits and try and sort out when I am having my LH surge and when I am ovulating, then the fun will begin.

I hope you lasses don't mind me joining in your chat here as I'd love to have a place to come and talk about the TTC ups and downs.

Cheers!

SB

Thanks! Where are you all in your TTC adventure? Where in the world do you live? I'm living in the States but I'm what you would call "culturally confused". I just returned here after living in New Zealand. I was born in the UK, raised in Norway and have an American dad and Norwegian mum. My donor friend is also half American and half Norwegian.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you all as I'm sure this is going to be a bumpy ride.

I'm 33, been TTC for just 1 month after BCP for 10 yrs. I have a lovely 13 yr old daughter from my first marriage -Emily Anne and I am married to my lovely hubby Keith who has no children. We live in West Yorkshire, England with our 2 furbabies (English Cocker Spaniels Moog and Mervyn) and are both in Education. AF due tomorrow and had a BFN this morning. Thats me in a nut shell!!!

I am from Manitoba, Canada, born and raised, on out 4th month ttc, married to a wonderful guy who (from my tickers) you can see I've been with for a long time, we each have our own furbaby - 1 kitty each (one is my avatar).

It's been an interesting ride so far, and ttc will always keep you on your toes! Good luck in your journey! :dust::dust:

Hi all, I'm a real newbie here!

I am so glad to see a thread for the 30 somethings!! I just turned 33 in November, my DH is now 37 and we are TTC our first child. I am a little nervous that I may have waited too long but 33 isn't too old is it??

I was really on the charting bandwagon last year, but kinda fell away from it...this is the first time we have really seriously decided that starting a family would be a good idea.

Do any of you have worries like how will you be a good mother etc? Or are you just more focused on the getting pregnant part?

Sorry, not trying to be nosey, but I surely could use advice...all of my family lives 1200 miles away except my hubby so it's always helpful to hear other's stories.

Robin in MI

Hi

I am 36 and recently miscarried at 9 weeks.

Am trying to be positive for the future and desperately still want children.

I have been with my OH for 8 years (he already has children). We live in the south west.

Am finding B&B a god send.

Baby dust to all xxxx

Hi Rumpskin!

I'm so so sorry for your miscarriage, how awful for you :(:(

Sending a ton of good wishes your way!

Robin

Hi, I'm 30 and my DH is 36. We got married in Sep 05 and have been TTC since Sep 07. We have started to use the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor this cycle - I got peak fertility today for the first time which was exciting!

We had always planned to start TTC in Sep 07 as we love travelling and have managed to cram in as much of the world as possible.

Big :hugs: out there to you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->