TTC 30s/40s Club

Im cycle day 4 - so Im right there with you Maybebaby3 :wacko:

I'm 34 and on my 2nd cycle TTC w/ donor sperm. Inseminated at home twice this month, and I'm currently 5 dpo. Started ttc last month with my partner of 5 years, but she was gone by day 3 of July's TWW!!
I'm soldiering on because, well, yeah....that part there at the beginning about being 34 doesn't afford me the luxury of wallowing and waiting for my next "Mrs. Right"!! Ready is ready, and ladies....I AM SOOOO READY!!!

aww felicity i's sotty 2 hear af arrived. wot does this test ur dr want 2 do entail? am cd5 now so still ages away from a possible bfp.

Well, to explain you better about this test, I'll paste here a text from the web:

It is an x-ray examination of a woman's uterus and fallopian tubes that uses a special form of x-ray called fluoroscopy and a contrast material. Hysterosalpingography is primarily used to examine women who have difficulty becoming pregnant by allowing the radiologist to evaluate the shape and structure of the uterus, the openness of the fallopian tubes, and any scarring within the peritoneal cavity.

That's it! I heard it hurts a little, cause of contrast material, but... I'll do it next wednesday! Let's see if there is anything hindering my egg to meet the sperm... I'll tell you all about it right after.

xx

hi mama4! glad 2 hear some1 is at same stage as me. is easier 2 bear the wait. i have no idea when :witch: is supposed 2 show as my cycles hav ranged between 20 and 42 days. i got referal 2 gyno but my appointment is not til 29th october!!! feel like :gun: some1!!! i am thinkin of goin private as if a had a fibroid like gp said i might coz of the irregular 4wk bleed i had in june then i'd like 2 know. but it costs about £100 at least so a lot of money really. :nope: DH and i r doin the babydance at least every other day coz at least there should be a few little :spermy: around at all times!!!

hi sftbllr8 i wish u luck this month:dust:

good luck with the testing felicity, hopefully it'l give u a clearer pic of wot is goin on.

:hug: and :dust: 2 u all xxxxx

Just popped on to say hi to everyone!

Hi Mama4 and Quail :hugs:

Hi Felicity,
hoping the tests give a clearer picture of what's going on and its another step closer to bfp xx

Hi Maybebaby3,
Your cycles seem everywhere! You must have to test everything to see what is going on!
Bd every few days is easier said than done! We just tried that this cycle and each day on ovulation, poor hubby!!! Usually its all good fun but its different making babies somehow!!
xx

Hi sftbllr8,
That must have been a shock after 5 years! Perhaps she was just not as ready as you are :shrug:
I think you are right about being ready, you never know how long ttc could take so as soon as you are ready is the right time!
Good luck in ttc
xx

Well i am in 2ww, like i said we covered every possible opportunity and clocked up quite an impressive bd record!!! :sleep:

Take care all,

:baby:thinkpink xx

hey thinkpink! yeah i am all over the place as far as cycles r concerned. i'm goin 2 try the old bd every other day/every day this cycle. if it doesnt work will try opk but hav 2 try orderin them as only seen clearblue ones here and they cost £25 for 1 so would prob hav 2 buy at least 2 4 each cycle!!! Good luck with ur tww!!! hope it is a successful 1!!! when is ur af due?

Sftbllr8: Awww, thats horrible! I know you must have been like "WHAT???" I really hope that things turn out for you! You will meet the right person "Mrs. Right" :flower:, but in the meantime GOOD LUCK with your TTC! I agree with babythinkpink, if the time feels right to you GO FOR IT and dont let anyone tell you otherwise!

Hi Babythinkpink! Glad to hear you and the DH are getting all the bding in! Sounds like you did set a record for number of times haha!:haha: My DH is perfectly healthy and willing so I may just have to amp up the effort on my part - I want a BFP but can be quite lazy in the bedroom haha!:winkwink:

Hang in there MaybeBaby3! Im focusing on charting as much as possible this month - only a few more days til time to start the BD olympics for me! haha:happydance: Im sorry you are struggling with such an unpredictable cycle! That rots! Maybe it will sort itself out sooner than later and you wont need that Oct appt after all!

Thinkin of you Quail and hoping the lil' cricket sticks tight!

:hugs:'s to all that are in this thread!

Mama, its supposed to help lengthen among other things but I don't explain it well like others do. lol

I got a huge Positive OPK today. My DP came home for lunch lol got him before he left lol I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow. I have to think of things to ask him since I wont see him again till I get another BFP. Have to make sure to write them down so I don't forget.

Hope all is well with you ladies.

How was the appt? Did you ask everything you meant to? I NEVER remember hardly anything I mean to ask - I get so silly and nervous at the DR's office!:haha:

Hi hope you don't mind me joining you lovely ladies. I'm 34 and hubby is 30 and ttc after the loss of our angel Devin at 36.4 weeks 2 months ago. Currently I'm in the 2ww haven't got a clue how many dpo I am as I've only had one :witch: since the birth. Fingers crossed that I get lucky with a :bfp: this month.

Sending :dust: to everyone.

Hi hope you don't mind me joining you lovely ladies. I'm 34 and hubby is 30 and ttc after the loss of our angel Devin at 36.4 weeks 2 months ago. Currently I'm in the 2ww haven't got a clue how many dpo I am as I've only had one :witch: since the birth. Fingers crossed that I get lucky with a :bfp: this month.

Hi Meldmac!!! FX for all of us!!!!!

hi
well just thought i better pop in to catch up on the goss lots of new members so hello
im ness 38 TTC1

anyway started on clomid monitered cycle 25gms..had scan 2 follicles 21, one follice 17 and one litttle 14..............so now have to wait til next week when due......i have got a horrible stomach bug my intestines literally feel like they are wanting to explod out of my stomach, it sounds like theres a freight train in there to!!! i hate being sick!!!

i hope that if im preggie then it wont harm the bubs in anyway!! i havnt taken in prenatals as nothing is absorbing anyway...TMI sorry

good luck this month to you all

Hi meldmac i'm so sorry 2 hear about ur loss. fingers crossed 4 u this month. my cycles r unpredictable so anythin between 20 and 42 days lately so am goin by the average length of 32 days b4 i attempt a hpt. am really impatient! here's hopin that :witch: doesnt get us this cycle and we all end up with :bfp:

mama4 the more bd u do the more u increase ur chances so get down lo it! lol :dust: here's hopin this is the lucky cycle 4 all of us!!!

:dust: 2 every1 xxxxx

hi
well just thought i better pop in to catch up on the goss lots of new members so hello
im ness 38 TTC1

anyway started on clomid monitered cycle 25gms..had scan 2 follicles 21, one follice 17 and one litttle 14..............so now have to wait til next week when due......i have got a horrible stomach bug my intestines literally feel like they are wanting to explod out of my stomach, it sounds like theres a freight train in there to!!! i hate being sick!!!

i hope that if im preggie then it wont harm the bubs in anyway!! i havnt taken in prenatals as nothing is absorbing anyway...TMI sorry

good luck this month to you all

hi nessie sorry 2 hear u nt feelin 2 gd! :hugs: hope u get better v soon and get ur :bfp: next week :dust: xxx

Hi All,

Hello Nessie,
Nice to see you pop in, sorry that your not feeling good! Fingers crossed for you this month, teeny weeny bubs will be fine, its very cosy in there!:baby:

Welcome Meldmac,
So sorry for your loss, it is so brave to be trying so soon but i know the need to just increases month by month so the sooner the better.
Do you know why your baby didn't make it and can it be prevented again so you don't have to go through such heartbreak again?
Good luck in ttc,:hugs:

Mama4,
Think you will find not being lazy in the bedroom improves your chances!!:winkwink:
I have enjoyed the trying bit, but glad we are not like it constantly, i couldn't keep up!!:sleep:

Maybebaby3
still got my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Mama4,
Think you will find not being lazy in the bedroom improves your chances!!:winkwink:
I have enjoyed the trying bit, but glad we are not like it constantly, i couldn't keep up!!:sleep:

Hahaha! I know you are right! I know I need to be a little more creative and exciting in the bedroom. DH will give it up anyway - but maybe it will just bring me all round more luck if I transform into a vixen for him or something! haha :haha: I am laughing at myself as "being sexy" has never been a strong point for moi!! :rofl:

Maybebaby3

Thanks :baby:thinkpink. i am keepin my fingers crosse 4 u 2. when is the :witch: supposed 2 show? i still have ages 2 go til end of cycle and am so impatient!!! well will keep myself busy 2day with :dishes: and :laundry: lol!

:hug: and :dust::dust::dust:

Hi All,

Hello Nessie,
Nice to see you pop in, sorry that your not feeling good! Fingers crossed for you this month, teeny weeny bubs will be fine, its very cosy in there!:baby:

Welcome Meldmac,
So sorry for your loss, it is so brave to be trying so soon but i know the need to just increases month by month so the sooner the better.
Do you know why your baby didn't make it and can it be prevented again so you don't have to go through such heartbreak again?
Good luck in ttc,:hugs:

Mama4,

Maybebaby3

I just got the postmortem results yesterday and it was inconclusive. They could find no reason why Devin was stillborn :cry: I guess I can see the positive a bit in that it means that there is probably a small chance of it happening again.

I'm not feeling very positive about this month. I woke up with af like cramps today. Think the :witch: might show an early appearance today, blah!!

Hope everyone else is doing well and lots of :dust: to you all!!!

Hi All,

Quail,
Still keeping everything crossed for you, and thinking good things!:hugs:

Mama4,
Come on, down the sexy undies shop for you!
Where are you cycle wise?? I loose track of mine let alone keep up with my buddies!!:hugs:

Maybebaby3,
I have 10 days to pace, and sit, and symptom spot and :laundry: and :dishes: and :coffee: and :telephone: and :rain: and generally go a bit :wacko: while i wait!!! I will prob test in about 8 days but i don't want to start poas too early, i don't have too many i used them last cycle! I am not getting a ton in either, i just waste them and it encourages me too early to use them!!:dohh:

Meldmac,
It is difficult when they don't know, and it is no help when you are trying to grieve but then they will be keeping a very close eye on you this time.
:dust: to you brave lady :hugs:

Well me, i am doing ok, bored but keeping busy with everything, my house will be very clean and i will have no washing or ironing, but then that wont last!! Always plenty to do here!

Take care all, Anyone near testing yet, i want to see some bfp's on here and that's an order!

:hugs: :baby:thinkpink xx

Hi all.

Im Vicki, just had my 38th birthday (grrr!) and got my day 2-5 blood results back today. I just wondered if anyone could help me interpret them ....:shrug:

i think my fsh is classed as normal at 5.4 (from what i can gather on the web this is normal) and i think my lh is ok at 4.4. However, my oestradiol level is 202 but i cant find anything on internet about this, or what i can find is shown in a different measurement. i had this same test done about a year ago and my oestradiol then was 178.

can anyone help .... i cant get an appt with doc till next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->