• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC 30s/40s Club

Wow xshell - that is quite a struggle you've been through since coming off the depo provera! I'm so sorry for your loss. Loads of baby dust and miracles to all us 30 somethings!

hi There!
well i am 31 almost 32 , My husband is 37 almost 38 so ....
we are trying for our first , i really can"t wait anymore
i am going through mixed feelings , i almost regret being a little selfish not wating to try earlier because of job or economic reasons coz my Husband and i are married since 2002
it is weird
anyway i am new to this forum and i really hope finding a buddy or buddiesi to TTC with

any advice ?

Welcome Dalilah! I hear what you are saying, seems a shame to have waited so long only to realize it doesn't always happen right away. BUT _ we were doing what seemed like the right thing at the time, and we just gotta open the door on this conception journey and see what happens : )

Some people buddy up with folks that have similar cycles. I would try posting a request in the buddy section of TTC and see who answers : )

Welcome Dalilah! I hear what you are saying, seems a shame to have waited so long only to realize it doesn't always happen right away. BUT _ we were doing what seemed like the right thing at the time, and we just gotta open the door on this conception journey and see what happens : )

Some people buddy up with folks that have similar cycles. I would try posting a request in the buddy section of TTC and see who answers : )

thank you i would do that

Hi

I'm Jacky and am TTC after :angel: on my 1st BFP in December. I'm 42 and BF is 40.

I was married before and tried for 10 years with 2 rounds of ICSI (low sperm count for him (probably the bottle of Vodka a day I discovered he was drinking)! - me OK thankfully).

Now been with my lovely BF for 3 years and TTC all over again. When I got the BFP we'd been trying for about 7 months. And now a further 2/3 months since MMC.

I don't get a chance to get on the boards too often, so I think I need to find one and stick with it, as I can't keep up otherwise. I'm hoping it will be you, if you'll have me!

I hope I can get to know a few of you, and share hopes, dreams and 'fingers crossed' lots of :bfp: :bfp:

:hugs:

Jx

Hi Everyone...I am new to this thread.

I am 33 and my husband is 39. We are trying for our first child together, he has a 17 year old daughter that I have helped raise since she was 7 and I adopted her.

I had a mc at 8 weeks in October :cry: (only the sac developed), but that came with the good news that I could get pregnant :happydance: We weren't sure if I could bc I have endometriosis and had my right ovary removed a few years ago. My doctors were VERY positive after my mc that we'd get prego again soon. Well....it's been 5 months, I know that isn't long but it doesn't feel very soon like the docs said.

I try and stay positive and keep praying [-o< for a sticky bean!

"Never think that God's delays are God's denials. Hold on; hold fast; hold out. Patience is genius." That's my moto and I keep it posted at my desk at work.

Good luck and lost of baby dust to everyone :dust:

Thanks for letting me stop by and share my story!

Hiya Ladies,

I am 35 and DH is 36, we have been TTC for baby #3 since Jan/2010. We have a DD 13 and a DS 12, I was told in my early twenties to have them quickly or I wouldn't be able to(kidney issues) so I did that. Instead of things getting worse for me as I got older they actually got better so I went back to the doc and he said yep no worries go for it!!

I have regular cycles but have not taken BC since I was 18, both kids were concieved from taking Clomid and I'm on my second round this cycle at 100mg. I'm just very glad we get to at least try and have a baby because I think we'll be so much more relaxed this time around and really enjoy it. The two kids by the way are very excited that there might be a new little member of the family soon. I wish everyone a :bfp: and hopefully this is a lucky thread. I look forward to chatting with you all as I go through this journey.

Hi everyone! I'm hoping u all can help me! I am 36 and OH is 32. I have a 12yr old and a 11yr old. He doesn't have any! Had a miscarriage AUG09 and decided to start TTC 3 months ago. I had a 25 day cycle and started taking b6. That increased my cycle to 28. So now I am on CD12. We are BD every 24 hours so hopefully it will work! And I will fall pg!!!

Hi Paziya73,

Your situations sounds pretty similair to mine as far as family dynamics. Do your kids know you're trying for another? We've just told ours after they came across my prenatal vitamins. I didn't want to tell them until we actually had something to tell them but they were very excited and happy. We have a 12 year old son and 13 year old daughter and I just didn't think we'd be wanting more but I just think we'll really anjoy it this time around with a new little one. I hope we have some good luck this month!!

Hi. Im Michelle,Im 35 and my husband (38),and I have been ttc for 3 months.I was on the bcp for about 18 yrs before coming off it in January. Since then my periods have been very scanty,although my last cycle was 29 days,which I suppose was encouraging! I got a faint positive on Thursday,followed by bfn on Fri & Sat followed by AF on Sun!! I was so disapointed! Iam just hoping now that my periods will start 'properly' next month.

Hi everyone. I'm 32 and partner is 29. We are trying for our first, just completed cycle 5, although we started trying in August 2009 we missed a few months for various reasons.

Now that I've talked to friends about ttc, and been on bnb for a few months, it seems like it's not unusual for it to take this long. I've just about got used to that idea although having do little control is a bit of a struggle!

Look forward to meeting you all x

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to see if any1 knew what might be happening...before I started taking b6 I would have extream boob soreness, so bad that I could sqeeze liquid out of my nipples(sorry tmi). And they would hurt bad for a good week! This would happen a week b4 my period. But now that I have started taking b6 they only hurt a day or 2 around ov time....I don't get it?

Hiya Paziya,

Not sure but I have to take injections of B12 once monthly because I'm deficient in it. When my levels are low I have a lot of muscle cramping my heart beats rapidly etc. when my levels are normal that all goes away so maybe its because your levels are where they should be now. You can have a blood test to get your levels etc. I had to have a routine test and low B12 levels make the blood cells much larger and that's how I found out. Good Luck!

Hi all!
I'm 31 and DH is 39. WE have been trying for 1 year (since the wedding), but both have wanted a family for ages. Long story short, our first marriages were to people who stalled and later decided they didn't want kids. Scandalous, I know (wasn't the only problem in the marriages). So I feel like I've been TTC for over 5 years. Just had to find the right man! ;)

Had all the tests done last month. I had polyps but all hormones came back good. He has 5% morphology, which the RE made it sound like we had no chance without IVF. My DH unfortunately does not feel right about IVF, so that's off the table. Starting clomid and IUI next cycle.

I'm so ready!! Each cycle hope springs eternal.

Hi all, I'm 30 and my husband is 31. We've been TTC since start of January for our first. I did 3 HPTs last cycle and all BFNs, very disappointed :nope:

I have found that I've become obsessed with symptoms and the whole thing is stressing me out so need someone to talk to (apart from my long-suffering husband who is amazingly chilled-out about the whole thing :haha:). I don't want to tell friends or family that I'm TTC as that would only add to the pressure.

AF is due tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed, and resisting the urge to test for another couple of days!

Hello, I'm 30 in two weeks so hope you will accept me in the 30s club !My OH is also 30. I stopped taking the pill in Dec 09 but this cycle is our first of actively ttc.
I had a terrible time last year with various health issues, culminating in having a melanoma removed from my shoulder. Not withstanding follow up tests (all ok so far) I would like to put that all behind me now......

hi i think i mite be the eldest im karen and im 36 and have 2 wonderful sons rhys who is 9 and finlay who will be 7 in july we decided last month to try for number 3 so am now officially ttc,i have never had to try before as my boys was little suprises so am not used to all this anxious stuff i live in th euk in the west midlands

Hi! I have decided to join this as we have recently started to try after a couple months of "not trying". I am not quite 30 but will be soon enough and my husband is a young 28. I am finding myself obsessed with ttc even though I used to find it annoying when people seemed obsessed so I need somewhere to obsess (can you tell I am obsessing)! This is my first tww and I can tell it is going to be looooong!

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this site. I'm 32 (DH is 36). We have 2 precious girls (4 yrs & 8 yrs) and are TTC #3, since a m/c in Sept 09. We've been TTC since the m/c with no luck so far. I started taking Fertility Blend this cycle. I'm now 1 DPO (I think, b/c I don't temp, but had a +OPK about 48 hrs ago). Fingers crossed this month...would really be nice to have a BFP a few days b/f my due date would've been...here's to hoping :) Good luck, everyone!

Hi I'm Claudia, I'm 30 and my partner is 40 and we are TTC #1. Only been trying a couple of months and I'm getting impatient already. Not expecting too much to happen too quickly as I've had a few issues 'down there' over the years ....but I WANT A BABY NOW!

Why is it when you want one then everyone else around you seems to have one. I seem to think about nothing else at the moment! The last two cycles, I've been symptom spotting like crazy (think my cunning mind was playing tricks on me!), but then the horrible :witch: showed her face.

Fingers crossed for this cycle!!!

:dust: to me and all of you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"