TTC 30s/40s Club

Hi, I'm 34 and have been TTC for 18 months now. Nearly finished my first 6 cycles of clomifene, but I'm not convinced it has worked and I don't think the right tests were conducted to tell if it was.

I have just been referred to a different clinic and getting a lot of tests done again, and some I didn't get before. I'm waiting to hear where we go next.

Welcome Scarey! We're very close in age and ttc duration (I turn 33 in 2 weeks, and have also been ttc for 18 months). Had my 1st cycle of clomid in March, and gave myself a 2-month break when it didn't work out. Keeping FX for a :bfp: this cycle, if not, I intend to start round 2.

I hope it works out better in the new clinic!!!

Hi, I'm 34 and have been TTC for 18 months now. Nearly finished my first 6 cycles of clomifene, but I'm not convinced it has worked and I don't think the right tests were conducted to tell if it was.

I have just been referred to a different clinic and getting a lot of tests done again, and some I didn't get before. I'm waiting to hear where we go next.

Hi Scarey:flower:
Ive taken clomid on and off for about 2 yrs and I dont usually ovulate with it by itself. I have maybe once or twice Ive gotten a 30 or better level but usually when they come back and test my levels they are low maybe .9. So they tested and found out I have PCOS. So now I take metformin and I ovulate every month on it. They gave me metformin + clomid. Well this month, I didnt take the clomid because it makes my CM hostile, and the metformin makes me ovulate without it.

So hopefully it will have finally worked for you.

@Isi: You are 4dpo, I cant wait to get to the DPO side. I dont like this waiting to O. Its such a guessing game:wacko:. Hope all is well.:hugs:

Mrsk....this 2ww is dragging for real. But if I'm to be honest, I have no symptoms...and considering how late we BD'd....I'm really not sure. But hey, it doesn't hurt to hope, right :). I hope you're good and getting ready for the fun part of this ttc process :winkwink:. So we're waiting for you over on the dpo side....let's wait it out together :coffee:

good luck mrkc- I really hope you Ov soon.

isi - I hope this tww brings you a bfp

scarey - I hope you get the answers you need to get your bfp.

Well this clomid has lengthened my LP and I am patiently waiting for my af to start so I can move on. So frustrating b/c my temp is dropping, but not enough for af to start. Anyway, I am being reffered for lap, has anyone had one...do you know ifyou have to hvae it at a certain time in your cycle....can you still ttc in that cycle...how long after the lap can you start ttc again?

good luck mrkc- I really hope you Ov soon.

isi - I hope this tww brings you a bfp

scarey - I hope you get the answers you need to get your bfp.

Well this clomid has lengthened my LP and I am patiently waiting for my af to start so I can move on. So frustrating b/c my temp is dropping, but not enough for af to start. Anyway, I am being reffered for lap, has anyone had one...do you know ifyou have to hvae it at a certain time in your cycle....can you still ttc in that cycle...how long after the lap can you start ttc again?

Thanks so much!:hugs:

Last month if you look at my chart, my temps didnt even dip below coverline and my af started:shrug:. They seemed to stay fairly high only falling some, so it was very confusing.

I didnt know clomid lengthened cycles? Some sites say it does, and some says it doesnt. I didnt take clomid this month but only metformin because I wanted to see what my body does without the clomid. My LP last month was 19days. Im hoping its a bit shorter this month but still not going to test until my 19th day.

Ive never had a lap done. Why are they referring you to do this?

yeah I remember your LP from last month....i though for sure you were pg b/c it was so long....well I do think that is what it is happening to me....ugh so frustrating.

They are refering me to see if I have endometriosis, bc there is no other reason why we should be getting pg.

Thanks ttc!! I had a lap in February. It was scheduled on my CD 8....and in about 3 days, I was not as sore. By my CD 14, I was good to start trying again that cycle.

Well.....they found that my left tube wasn't perfect...but the right one is fine. They also cleared some minor adhesions that had formed after a myomectomy I had in 2008. All in all, I was glad I had it. It wasn't half as scary as I'd thought.

oh well that is good to hear. I have been reading and from what I understand your most fertile months are right after lap so fxed for you!

Hi ladies,

I'm nearly 36 years old & my OH is 42, we have a 15 year old daughter & have been TTC # 2 for about 2 years...It doesn't seem to be happening (yet), & I've had various blood tests + HSG which all came back normal/ok. Doc said that she wants me to try Clomid next month + I've just started using CBFM & Pre-seed & thinking of using Softcups, anyone had BFP's with them?

I never thought it would be so hard to fall pregnant again & in hindsight I REALLY wish I hadn't left it so long especially as OH's mojo isn't what it use to be!:wacko:

Hope to find support & friendship + TTC buddies from ladies in a similar position on B & B to make our journey's less painful & to achieve those BFP's.x
:hugs::thumbup:

AGE 32. TTC 5 months now.

Currently day 40 (OV CD 16) yet no BFP and no AF. Very confused. Lots of symptoms, but took a pg test CD 34 (last week) and was negative.

hi SA, welcome, was ov confirmed thorugh temping or opk's? Do you think you might have oved later in your cycle?

AGE 32. TTC 5 months now.

Currently day 40 (OV CD 16) yet no BFP and no AF. Very confused. Lots of symptoms, but took a pg test CD 34 (last week) and was negative.

:hugs::hugs:

Have you ever been this late? Maybe you need a blood test??:hugs:

Hi, feel down in the dumps today. AF came yesterday. Felt ok about it yesterday and now i just feel i want to cry. Think my hormones are getting the better of me. Its silly really as its just my first month of ttc. I concieved my ds when i was 39 on the second month ttc and now i am worrying it is just not going to happen because im older now. Please help me get out of this negative rut i feel right now. I am so lucky i have children already...i guess i am just feeling sorry for myself. I need positive stories!! Anyone 42 and conceived fairly easily?

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Can I ask if any of you have BBTs that are high? Mine seem to be permanently as high as others would expect after ovulation (~98.2F/36.8C).

I've only recently started charting as I only just found out about it (I bought Teri Weschler's book; why are doctors not more helpful about advice?? :gun:), and so far it's been stable; no rise after ovulation, no dip before my period. This is why I don't think the clomid is working, and why I've taken 2 tablets this cycle.

I'm just worried that my temps are too high and I have an underlying problem that is causing the infertility that the doctors haven't tested for. :shrug:

Currently on day 14 of my cycle, so I'm crossing my fingers that my ovaries wake up this time [-o<

hi SA, welcome, was ov confirmed thorugh temping or opk's? Do you think you might have oved later in your cycle?

Possibly. That's what everyone has suggested. Even if I did, I'm on day 42 now, I would think I wouldn't have OV that much later? I have never had this long of a cycle :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->