TTC 40 plus!! Lets share the ups and downs!

Reb S, thanks for your endorsement about counsellor. I must confess that I have avoided it till now, being of the mindset, nothing will take this pain away except being pregnant again. Clearly, over 4 months down the line and I'm not pregnant and I still feel totally rubbish, fixated on due date less than 2 months away and I feel stuck, Think I need some intervention to help me compartmentalise things a bit, as this is affecting every other area of my life. The 3 days I had this last cycle where I thought, maybe, just maybe really reminded me of the person I used to be and it is scary how different she was to the person I am right now. Yes, only one thing will truly fix my heart but in the meantime I need to be able to live my life and stop inflicting my miserable self on others xx

Evening Ladies.

Glowstar - NOOOOOOOOOOO! Am gutted for you, was so excited when I saw your today stick. I have to say though that your pma is amazing - stay strong. You are a winner. :hugs:

Samiam - I'm so sorry my lovely. I can fully understand how sad you must be feeling - We need to work out a way to lengthen your LP - Gonna have a look in my 'The Infertility Cure' book and see what Randine suggests. I'll get back to you. :flower:

Reb_S - Since everything is just under the surface anyway, it doesn't really take much to constantly remind us. Something I've noticed recently apart from the usual 3 pg women I see every day is an abundance of lone blokes with toddlers in buggy's - please, give me a break! :growlmad:

Pip - Good to hear from you and thanks for your support. You are flying the flag for all of us at the moment. No pressure mind! :rofl:

Very frustrating day today trying to chase up my referral to an FS that was sent into the UCH on the 16th March - All I've managed to establish is that they did get it! Also my AF this cycle was so light and barely lasted 3 days, I don't get it - it was so light I did an hpt just in case (though I knew from temps I was on a hiding to nowhere). Sure enough BFN :shrug: Maybe the witch just got fed up of me.

Glowstar: BOOO HISSS. Sorry the hag got you. :(

Nise: Yes, please. I'd love to hear what the book has to say. I'm already taking vitex and 50MG of B-complex, but maybe I need more B? Or progesterone cream? Or I need to find some 20-year girl, knock her down and steal some of her eggs. . . Kidding. But maybe I should stay in the house today just in case the urge takes over. :muaha:

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I feel so confused this month. I had such lovely temps and it all looked like it was going well. That super short luteal phase is the pits. I hope it doesn't mean that I'm out of good eggs. I'm terrified that it does. Not. Going. To. Think. About. It.

Well girls I got BFP this morning April 13th so aged 41yrs and not over the hill at all . I shall be sad to board jump but I will still lurk to see more BFP's..........Good luck and buckets of babydust to all.
AU NATURELLE and blessing from the big man in sky and Mr Storky THANKYOU ever so much
xxx

Well girls I got BFP this morning April 13th so aged 41yrs and not over the hill at all . I shall be sad to board jump but I will still lurk to see more BFP's..........Good luck and buckets of babydust to all.
AU NATURELLE and blessing from the big man in sky and Mr Storky THANKYOU ever so much
xxx

YEY so happy for you!!!!

Congratulations! Keep us posted or start a Journal so we can stalk you ;-)

Thrilled to hear you got it!:thumbup::happydance:

Glowstar - SO SORRY. I must have posted at the same time as you, as I missed your earlier post. What a BUMMER. :hugs::hugs::hugs:
What a day for us girls! Thank goodness for good news from Snowbabe :happydance: CONGRATS!

Spoomie - I think you're right that we all have to move on - at the end of the day we all have a duty to have happy lives, with or without children and you must do whatever you need to give that to yourself and your OH.

Right, I am going to have a bath, and then I've been promised something special from OH - apology sex!! hee hee! :bunny:

Hello Ladies!

I've been lurking around here for quite some time.Both my husband and I turned 43 years old last week.It is my first marriage and his second...he has three children from his previous and I have one daughter,14.
Anyhow,he had a vasectomy reversal about 2.5 years ago as I had always wanted another child.We decided that this was as far as we ever wanted to go with intervention because of the additional expense and heartache we thought it may cause us.I was taking Vitex and found it really helpful for PMS.
Anyhow...I just got a BFP! I'm in total shock...and since my husband is at work,you are all the first to know!
I just had to post to let you all know how helpful reading on this thread has been for me and to offer hope for miracles.
Now to see if the little one sticks...

Massive congrats Snowbabe. That's brilliant!! :)
I need to get on here more often. I'm missing having people to talk to about this TTC stuff. I can't keep boring DH! lol.
I'm on day 33 and no sign of AF but I'm not getting excited (trying not to) because I've had cycles of 31-33 days before now and even one of 41 days where I was convinced I was pg.
No symptoms really except on and off sore boobs which I don't get usually before AF and a bit of a heavy, achy tummy which could be AF waiting to make her unwelcome appearance. Either way I am not testing unless I go past my record cycle length of 41 days.
If and when AF does start I will be getting my bloods done (day 3 and day 21). Can someome please tell me exactly what they test for and what it means?? I know it's hormones and to tell whether you've OV'd but I don't know any more detail than that!

LMD17 what excellent news!!! You must be so excited and i bet you can't wait for your husband to get home. Good luck :):)

Hello Ladies!

I've been lurking around here for quite some time.Both my husband and I turned 43 years old last week.It is my first marriage and his second...he has three children from his previous and I have one daughter,14.
Anyhow,he had a vasectomy reversal about 2.5 years ago as I had always wanted another child.We decided that this was as far as we ever wanted to go with intervention because of the additional expense and heartache we thought it may cause us.I was taking Vitex and found it really helpful for PMS.
Anyhow...I just got a BFP! I'm in total shock...and since my husband is at work,you are all the first to know!
I just had to post to let you all know how helpful reading on this thread has been for me and to offer hope for miracles.
Now to see if the little one sticks...

YEY 2 in a day!!!! WELCOME SPRING!!!!! Congrats to you too!!! WOOT WOOT... come one ladies, who is next? Wow what a rush!

HAPPY HAPPY for you both ladies and sending you lots of sticky bean dust!!!

Congratulations snowbabe and lmd17!!!!! We love getting news of bfps on here. Wishing you all the best. Keep us updated on how you both are getting on. Lots of sticky babydust xxxx

Congrats Snowbabe!

Okay--so now I am even more confused than I was this morning. I said I was out because the temps didn't spike upward today. But after a few weird pink strands on the tissue this morning while wiping, there has been no trace of anything. No spotting, nothing. Where is my period if my temps are so low? Is it possible to have two low temps in a row and then go back up? Could it be the antibiotics I'm taking for the ear infection? Sorry for bugging you ladies. Just in a state today and OH has gone out for a golf day with his mates.

Samiam - Have had a read of my book and there is so much information re shortened LP that I couldn't begin to break it down, especially as there are so many different reasons and I don't know what type you are. I would hate to miss inform you. It might be an idea to get the book for yourself it's called 'The Infertility Cure' by Randine Lewis. I got it via Amazon (Cheapest) There is a whole section of multiple choice questions about your cycle that helps you to find out what type you are and what if any deficiencies you have. Once you have worked this out it goes on to advise how to deal with the problems both with Western and Eastern methods. Massage, acupuncture, acupressure an diet advice.

:yipee: and double :yipee: to snowbabe and lmd17. Congratulations ladies, here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you both. :hugs:

Snowbabe and LMD17, huge congratulations to you both. Thanks for coming back to let us know, things have been getting a bit heavy round here just now so we all need a boost of happy news to spur us on. Praying for a healthy 9 month journey for you both x

Congrats Snowbabe!

Okay--so now I am even more confused than I was this morning. I said I was out because the temps didn't spike upward today. But after a few weird pink strands on the tissue this morning while wiping, there has been no trace of anything. No spotting, nothing. Where is my period if my temps are so low? Is it possible to have two low temps in a row and then go back up? Could it be the antibiotics I'm taking for the ear infection? Sorry for bugging you ladies. Just in a state today and OH has gone out for a golf day with his mates.

I don't know how I feel about the antibiotics right now...

As far as a HPT...it says this "Factors which should not affect the test result include alcohol, analgesics (pain killers), antibiotics, birth control pills or hormone therapies containing clomiphene citrate (Clomid or Serophen)."

Did you tell the Doctor that prescribed you the antibiotics that you were TTC?

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo: finally!!! BFPS, like flamin buses they are. Congratulations to you both, excellent news.

Nise: Thank you so much! I just went and ordered the book for myself. :) I am also going to an acupuncturist next Tuesday (conveniently)!

LLBean: Yes, I told her that. I wonder, though. Since they always say that antibiotics can mess with the birth control pill, do they do something to the hormones? What do you think? I'm not the biggest fan of taking them, but since both ears were sooo infected, I had no choice.

Samiam - Have had a read of my book and there is so much information re shortened LP that I couldn't begin to break it down, especially as there are so many different reasons and I don't know what type you are. I would hate to miss inform you. It might be an idea to get the book for yourself it's called 'The Infertility Cure' by Randine Lewis. I got it via Amazon (Cheapest) There is a whole section of multiple choice questions about your cycle that helps you to find out what type you are and what if any deficiencies you have. Once you have worked this out it goes on to advise how to deal with the problems both with Western and Eastern methods. Massage, acupuncture, acupressure an diet advice.

:yipee: and double :yipee: to snowbabe and lmd17. Congratulations ladies, here's to a happy and healthy 9 months for you both. :hugs:
Hi nise
Just wanted to also praise this book. I find it so insightful. You have to kind of be open minded to eastern medicine and not compare to western. I'm a firm believer in Chinese medicine and treatments. Also got mine from Amazon :)
Having Acu,herbs and vit b complex 100 has done wonders for my luteal phase. It's took me from a 9day to 12-14 day LP with the odd 15 thrown in!

MrsDh: That's great to hear! I look forward to reading the book, then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->