ttc after a d&c

Nope it hasn't been on the air for a while! Most of my family enjoys the same shows as me...except my brother who lives for CNN and Smallville. I judge him :)

cnn boredom :haha:
smallville was ok but a bit dull. thats the superman one isnt it

It is. I honestly don't enjoy Superman. I am more of an X-Men type girl :)
Though the bevy of superhero movies from Hollywood is getting dull

u cant beat x men. its brill. i love wolverine :)
the only super man i ike was d telly series with dean cain and terri hatcher, used to love that one. it was on when i was small :thumbup: i figured out the friend thing, we r friends now, my comp was being weird :winkwink:

u cant beat x men. its brill. i love wolverine :)
the only super man i ike was d telly series with dean cain and terri hatcher, used to love that one. it was on when i was small :thumbup: i figured out the friend thing, we r friends now, my comp was being weird :winkwink:

Yay for friends! :hugs:
Hugh Jackman... *drool*
You are talking about Lois and Clark! I saw it when I was young too. He was dreamy :D

AF is officially here! I put my ticker as a 28 day cycle though I am normally 25. But what is normal after a loss?

AF is officially here! I put my ticker as a 28 day cycle though I am normally 25. But what is normal after a loss?

thought that was the name but it sounded wrong in my head. :wacko:

yey cool, good start . anything is normal after , some peoples cycle get shorter some get way longer so thank god u arent one of the people who waits like 9 weeks for af. hope i wont be either :haha:
just know from reading lots of internet stuff and threads

I figure I got mine so quickly because I had started to pass my baby before my D&C. Just so happy that it is here. Limbo is stinky!
Though now I wait for AF to leave and then to hump like crazy...but being a newlywed that already happens... heheh

I figure I got mine so quickly because I had started to pass my baby before my D&C. Just so happy that it is here. Limbo is stinky!
Though now I wait for AF to leave and then to hump like crazy...but being a newlywed that already happens... heheh

woohoo enjoy heehee :thumbup:

I'm gonna stock up on OPKs and see if I even ovulate this cycle :)
Hope you get AF soon!

Hope you get AF soon!

thanks babe , i hve been using opks a little but i know i cant try until after anyway so being a bit haphazard, i didnt use um last time at all to get pregnant so hoping i go back to normal and am as predictable as i was :winkwink:
talk to u soon chick x

Hope you get AF soon!

thanks babe , i hve been using opks a little but i know i cant try until after anyway so being a bit haphazard, i didnt use um last time at all to get pregnant so hoping i go back to normal and am as predictable as i was :winkwink:
talk to u soon chick x

I didn't use any either but am dying to know if I ovulate or not :)
Talk to you soon!

yay Bethany!!! So excited you have your af! Opk is definately a great idea to see where you stand this cycle. :) I think keep thinking mines on its way too but not quite sure. I have heard cycles can be shorter after a MC but hopefully yours is normal or better yet a healthy bfp that stays 40wks!! Crossing my fingers for you!!!

yay Bethany!!! So excited you have your af! Opk is definately a great idea to see where you stand this cycle. :) I think keep thinking mines on its way too but not quite sure. I have heard cycles can be shorter after a MC but hopefully yours is normal or better yet a healthy bfp that stays 40wks!! Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Thanks! In addition to OPKs I thought about maybe taking soy isoflavones to...encourage ovulation. Going too far you think?

Jen 435- I was in a very similar situation this past February. We got our bfp on Halloween 2011 and we were SO excited to be adding to our little family but unfortunately things didn't turn out as we had always hoped. At around 11 weeks I got a call from my doc's office telling me my prenatal screening was coming up with a really high ratio for trisomy, of course I freaked out but kept an open mind that further testing would prove everything was fine. They sent me for an amniocentesis at 18 weeks and the Rapid results initially came back completely clear but there was still the need to do the full chromosomes to be totally sure. When the full chromosomes came back at 23 weeks we found out our sweet little girl had trisomy 16-mosaicism, they gave her a very poor prognosis. She had an atrioventricular septal defect with a coarctation of the aorta as well as severe growth ******ation, it was questionable at that point whether there were any other internal anomalies. It was recommended by genetics at the Children's Hospital that we terminate, it was horrible. I gave birth to her and she passed in her father's arms after three hours.
We named her Laura Madeline and losing her broke our hearts.
I am so thankful to have my other little girl who is 2 to get me through this, she has been my comfort and my joy.

I ended up bleeding for 5 weeks, until the end of March before my OB would consider RPOC. Sure enough I did have a retained piece of placenta and the D&C was done on April 13th, seven days later I got a positive opk.....14 days after that I was bleeding again. I was elated, I thought my cycle had just gotten right back on track and we could ttc as soon as we were ready. That first period on May 5th was awful and lasted 10 days but it had come on schedule so I couldn't have been happier. I started using the CBEFM and got 8 days of highs after having it drop off to low again, thought I was out for this month with no peak. I usually have 30-32 day cycles so I was expecting my period, nothing came and on day 37 I decided to do a pregnancy test, it was negative but an opk was blaringly positive. How could I ovulate on day 37 and 38 of my cycle? I am super confused and am wondering what my chance of actually conceiving is.

I hope for the best for you and lot's of baby dust. Hang in there, the pain never goes away but you learn to live with it. Laura and Liam are in a good place.

laa dee dah I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. I know a couple who tried for years and finally, with IVF, they conceived twins. At 31 weeks she lost one to Trisomy 18 :(

Jen 435- I was in a very similar situation this past February. We got our bfp on Halloween 2011 and we were SO excited to be adding to our little family but unfortunately things didn't turn out as we had always hoped. At around 11 weeks I got a call from my doc's office telling me my prenatal screening was coming up with a really high ratio for trisomy, of course I freaked out but kept an open mind that further testing would prove everything was fine. They sent me for an amniocentesis at 18 weeks and the Rapid results initially came back completely clear but there was still the need to do the full chromosomes to be totally sure. When the full chromosomes came back at 23 weeks we found out our sweet little girl had trisomy 16-mosaicism, they gave her a very poor prognosis. She had an atrioventricular septal defect with a coarctation of the aorta as well as severe growth ******ation, it was questionable at that point whether there were any other internal anomalies. It was recommended by genetics at the Children's Hospital that we terminate, it was horrible. I gave birth to her and she passed in her father's arms after three hours.
We named her Laura Madeline and losing her broke our hearts.
I am so thankful to have my other little girl who is 2 to get me through this, she has been my comfort and my joy.

I ended up bleeding for 5 weeks, until the end of March before my OB would consider RPOC. Sure enough I did have a retained piece of placenta and the D&C was done on April 13th, seven days later I got a positive opk.....14 days after that I was bleeding again. I was elated, I thought my cycle had just gotten right back on track and we could ttc as soon as we were ready. That first period on May 5th was awful and lasted 10 days but it had come on schedule so I couldn't have been happier. I started using the CBEFM and got 8 days of highs after having it drop off to low again, thought I was out for this month with no peak. I usually have 30-32 day cycles so I was expecting my period, nothing came and on day 37 I decided to do a pregnancy test, it was negative but an opk was blaringly positive. How could I ovulate on day 37 and 38 of my cycle? I am super confused and am wondering what my chance of actually conceiving is.

I hope for the best for you and lot's of baby dust. Hang in there, the pain never goes away but you learn to live with it. Laura and Liam are in a good place.

hi welcome, so sorry for ur loss hon its awfull.

i read one girls post where she ovulated at day 38 and another on day 10 after loss, i think ur system can do anything! its also possible to o twice but really rare.
i had d and c on 24 may and my body is gone a bit hay wire too. i thought i had sypmtoms of o on day 10 but i only started opks on day 12, been getting pretty dark lines but not dark enough to be positive is that normal? im nearly 3 weeks past d and c now.
i also just today started gettin brown mucous ( sorry for tmi) is that normal does anyone know? feel like gettin af but its early but could be i suppose.

again so sorry for ur loss hon. my name is laura too so i think its alovely name :thumbup: i called my baby lile,its the irish for lily, she would have been my first. its so hard, today was my first day in weeks i diidnt cry ( yet :winkwink: ) and i feel more normal , so im proud :haha:
take care and best of luck ttc babe

lilesMom- I got the brown CM before AF! :hugs:
Hope yours arrives soon. And I had no idea that Lile was the Irish form of Lily. Lovely. I have a niece named Aislinn and no one ever says her name right :)

Hope yours arrives soon. And I had no idea that Lile was the Irish form of Lily. Lovely. I have a niece named Aislinn and no one ever says her name right :)

lets hope so if it is i might be able to kind of try this month cos my oh isnt goin away till the 20th so it might work out, prob not but slightly possible :haha: the little swimmers can live for 5 days so u never know.
one doc said one cycle and the other said 2 so i think one will do, waiting one was hard enough. my hopes r up now, please be :witch: it would be first time in an ages i be happy to see her :haha:

i hve a niece called aislinn too its the irish for dream which u prob already know

lets hope so if it is i might be able to kind of try this month cos my oh isnt goin away till the 20th so it might work out, prob not but slightly possible :haha: the little swimmers can live for 5 days so u never know.
one doc said one cycle and the other said 2 so i think one will do, waiting one was hard enough. my hopes r up now, please be :witch: it would be first time in an ages i be happy to see her :haha:

i hve a niece called aislinn too its the irish for dream which u prob already know
It's true, I know the meaning :D I have never been to Ireland. Is it lovely? I have been to Britain and to Denmark. Every time I tell someone that I honeymooned in Denmark they ask if it is because I am from there. I don't understand. I have a pretty obvious Southern accent :dohh:
Yeah my OB just said that they say the extra sometime to build a lining but I was cleared after one so :thumbup:
More normal AF today. Think the soy isoflavones have helped me a ton! Hope you get AF and then a BFP soon!

i dont think denmark is a very popular tourist destination, im not that far from it i suppose but dont know anyone who has gone. it has some lovely scenery and stuff though doesnt it? were u happy with ur honeymoon choice?
ireland is nice but it rains way too much and most of us like drinking way too much :)
it is a pretty country though, lots of green and lovely scenery and beaches . if we oculd get the weather to enjoy them we be fine :0
where in texas r u from? its austin texas my oh is goin with work for 5 weeks soon. whats texas like ? is it cool?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->