jen, i got a booby feeding shelf like cushion that straps onto ur waist,
i used it in d hosp and found it great xxxx it means u can do it one handed xxx
zoey is super cute xxxxx

angel i love ur pic, how cute is that bxxxxxxxxxxx

lisa hi xxxx even though u been here awhile welcome xx

leslie how r u missus/ xx

im still reading away to catch uo but posting this in case i lose it

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jessica! I really love her name so much :)
How are you doing honey?

jess thanks hon xxx we r good xx

angel he did hve doc, u r so good at keeping track of everyone xx
he is up a pound on his birth weight and doin great xx thanks

bethany tht is a lovely lovely name xxxx

lisa and leslie hoping for af and freedom too ttc for ye, xx
like the girls said we hve all beenj there and know how hard the wait is but worth it for healthy lo xxxxx

my catch up was so slow, booby consultant got simon to latch back on
woohoo, xxxxxxxxx

Way to go Simon! He knows mommy breastfeeding is best. Does he sleep for you?

Bethany gorgeous name! :) absolutely lovely!<3

Angel hurray for crib! Love train on wall :)

Jessica how are you doing? Ur getting so close!!! :) how are the girls? I imagine they finished school??

Lisa n Leslie so.glad ur bump buddys! I hope both.fall pregant together quickly n cant wait to.hear u have bfp!!

Zoeys been amazing every sleepless hour is worth while.gtg update when i.can

Hi to anyone i missed

Laura ~ Yay for Simon latching on!!

Jen ~ If you get a second would love to hear your birthing story (hope I didn't miss it)...Last I recall she was sunny side up in utero and you were going to the Dr that Thursday...

TGIF ladies!!

Bethany- such a beautiful name! I love it

Angel- decal is the cutest
Must be so exciting for you both ( and others! ) to be at this stage!

Speaking of- Jessica when is your due date?

Lisa- any news from doc?

Laura- doing well thanks . Up and down hill battle as we know depending on the day, date etc. so glad things are going well with Simon!

Jen- thanks!! So glad to share this with you all. And also so glad things are going great with your little girl!

AFM( using these acrynoms!)- today we have a wedding for a cousin so off from work! Getting gray hair touched up ( 31 years old and annoyed about that but hey, could be worse) and straightened because my hair tends to be a ball of curls/ frizz. For this event my thoughts went to this is the day most DH's family would know about the baby. He did not want to tell anyone about mc other than his dad and step mother so they don't know either way. My sister in law also tends to shove pics of her grand daughter in our faces often so need to walk away from that. Her son has two children within a year of each other and I believe when he was 20 is when the first girl got pregnant. Frustrating seeing some get pregnant and have babies like its their job ugh

Oh on another annoying note I got a bill from hospital with more wonderful coding so total cost of both is like $2000. Rumor has it my company may pay 70% so here's to hoping. How do people grieve with these constant reminders.

Jen and Laura, kiss those babies for me! :kiss:

Angel, your new pic is just adorable! <3

Leslie, I am so sorry that your DH didn't want to tell many people about your loss. Mine was the same but it is hard to go through when so few people are aware of what was lost :hugs: we are here to be your support group for you.
Your hospital should be ashamed :grr: stupid coding.
It is pretty difficult to stomach how easy it is for some people. My niece got pregnant a little before me and she didn't want her baby but went on to have one. I wanted mine desperately and lost them. It made me bitter and honestly, our relationship suffered. I still find her difficult to be around :(

I wish i knew how to post on phone a picture. I dont thinkbi wrote it.

Friday 4am contractions started they got 3minutes apart. Went to.hospital at 11 admitted by 1130 4cm dilated 80% effaced. Used birthing ball couldnt stand up during contractions so decided to stand and sway with dh thru contractions .... Doctor came in at 230 said no prpgression as i was to tense and fighting labor from happening he said epi or pitocin. Well he ended up givin me pitocin .1g i thinnk he said and then stopped it.i haf another doctor say body to tense so got epidural to relax at 4. They came in 430 to turn it off i was 5-6cm fully effaced.... Nurse change at 7. I asked her about pains and feeling to push she said id have baby by midnight asled doctor to start epidural n pitocin again. He sent resident in to check me. He was like ur fully dilated and o see a full head of hair! 745 doctor came in i pushed thru 4 contractions and at 8:02pm they placed Zoey in my arms i started crying. Had a first degree tear so three stitches and doctor didnt numb me first i wanted to slap him for that! But its worth it! She did come out sunnyside up. My husband said he saw her face . 7lbs 10oz 21inches 13 1/2 head citcumfrance! She latched on beautifully and feed for an hour!

I wish i knew how to post on phone a picture. I dont thinkbi wrote it.

Friday 4am contractions started they got 3minutes apart. Went to.hospital at 11 admitted by 1130 4cm dilated 80% effaced. Used birthing ball couldnt stand up during contractions so decided to stand and sway with dh thru contractions .... Doctor came in at 230 said no prpgression as i was to tense and fighting labor from happening he said epi or pitocin. Well he ended up givin me pitocin .1g i thinnk he said and then stopped it.i haf another doctor say body to tense so got epidural to relax at 4. They came in 430 to turn it off i was 5-6cm fully effaced.... Nurse change at 7. I asked her about pains and feeling to push she said id have baby by midnight asled doctor to start epidural n pitocin again. He sent resident in to check me. He was like ur fully dilated and o see a full head of hair! 745 doctor came in i pushed thru 4 contractions and at 8:02pm they placed Zoey in my arms i started crying. Had a first degree tear so three stitches and doctor didnt numb me first i wanted to slap him for that! But its worth it! She did come out sunnyside up. My husband said he saw her face . 7lbs 10oz 21inches 13 1/2 head citcumfrance! She latched on beautifully and feed for an hour!

:thumbup: :cloud9: HOW EXCITING!

Jen ~ Thank you for sharing your story :cloud9: I know it is in the past, but it amazes me they didn't listen when you said you needed to push...guess Zoey showed them! And I applaud you for starting out without meds and getting as far as you did before they gave you an epidural. I fully plan to ask straight away for one! Hope DH is as thrilled with parenthood as you are and the family has come around for you!

Bethany ~ Hope you've had your fill of cheese bread...I'm assuming your DH picked up some milk and you've been baking away!

Leslie ~ Sometimes the social scenes were easier for me to manage when I was around people who didn't know about my losses. I didn't want anyone to pity me, or look at me with "poor Angel" eyes. :flower: Enjoy having your hair done...its seems so unfair that around here a man can sport salt & pepper and it's seen as attractive/worldly/debonair, but a woman, well, she's seen as too lazy to have her hair done! :haha: Fx'd the :witch: shows for you sooner than later!

:dust: and :hugs: ladies!

hi leslie i ser name on screen :) xxx
i have grey hairs since im 23 im allergic to hair dye for last 5 or 6 yrs ish so now i cant dye my hair either, ive gotten so used to it though :) it feels normal to me now but for first while it felt really weird when i looked in mirror :)
i hear u on good days and bad days, heres hopin ur bad days get less and less fast for u hon xxxx

hope everyone is wel xxxxxxxx
ive becided to giv up bf , m gonan keep pumping for a while but i genuinely cant do bf anymore. my nipples feel like htey may fall off, ive high blood pressure, low iron and feel fluey, i just cant do it anymore. i was begining to dread smon waking up for feeds.
ihad beensingin to him and cudding himinstead i wscryin for feeds and tryin not to shout out when e latched on it was so sore.
i feel a littel guilty but he will still get milk just not direct from me anymore.

Laura, breast feeding isn't for everyone and you have to do what is best for you and him. You are feeding him and that is what matters more than anything :flower:

Angel, hur hur hur I want an epidural too! Yes we did get some milk and I have baked two loaves! I wasn't pleased with one and tossed it (wasteful but I was not interested in eating it) and used a different recipe for the other and it is perfect! Mmmm. Half is gone already :) I also made crash potatoes last night and they were amazing. I have leftovers but husband is home and I am afraid he will want me to share. Lorelei and me don't want to share ;)

thansk bethany xxxx

def go for epidural :) i was afraid to get one before hand, after 3 gels , waters broke and few hours of drip i had to have one, it was best decision i ever made :)
drip contractions are a million times worse than real contractions,
if u go yourself its much easier to deal with. the gels set off some contractions for me but didnt really get me anywhere.
epi all the way :) i got some sleep after i got epidural, wa sgreat, does slow things down i think but im not sure cos i wasnt progresing anyway so not sure if it did or not.
i thought gettin it in would be bad but its not. i hummed while he was puttin it in , looked like a weirdo but made me feel better :) took my mind off what he was doin.
dont look around either when they r doin it. u dont wann see the needle :)

Hi Leslie, my due date is July 12, I am 36 weeks. I am kinda anticipating the birth though, Even though I have given birth 2 times (not including when I lost my baby). You'll be here soon enough hon. You and Lisa!!

Jen, you were in labor much longer than I thought!. I thought it was 5 hours. Not a whole day.

Laura, you do what you have to do. I could barely breastfeed my 2 daughters. When my 13 year old was a newborn, no matter how much I breastfed she wouldn't get enough milk. I pumped and pumped and pumped. She would stay on each breast for like and hour. I knew something was very wrong. I tried breastfeeding until she was 5 days old because the nurses kept telling me whatever I do, do not formula feed her. I didn't want to listen to them and even my mom was giving me the same advice, not to formula feed her. By day 5 I knew she wasn't getting enough nutrition. The nurse came home to see her and said she didn't look well. We had to rush her to emergency. I was shocked when they first weighed her. She was born at 38 weeks, 7 lb 10 oz and by day 5 of her life, her weight dropped to 6 lb w 2 oz. She dropped 24 oz in 5 days. She was dehydrated, jaundiced, irregular heartbeat and had to be rushed to the NICU. I should have listened to my instincts, but everyone kept bringing up that I was only 20 and they new better and that made me feel insecure. Even my mom advised me not to formula feed her. I shouldn't have listened to any of them. She had to be hospitalized for several days, the day she was suppose to leave she had an episode where she stopped breathing and turned blue and the nurse had to bring her back. It was so scary. But thank God she is a now healthy 13 year old, 5'7'' already! lol! With my 7 year old Natalie I also didn't get the breast milk no matter what. But this time I alternated between breast milk and formula and no matter how much I pumped and pumped and breastfed her, the milk never came in. I will never know why. Sometimes I think I have underdeveloped mammary glands, I am not sure. I am planning on breastfeeding this baby, but it my milk never comes, I will have to give her formula.

thanks jess xxx
im gonna express and ff feed so he will get both like he has been all along, was trying to switch to just bf but it wasnt working , he wasnt sleeping properly and was hungry all the time. he is doing so well the last thing i wanted to do is put him backwards and it was doin my nut cos he was constantly on but only gettin food sometimes so it was hurting me then too.
this way he gets boob milk but i know exactly how much is goin in his belly ;)
he has put on a pound in 2 weeks since he was born so i gotta be doin something right :)
plus i know it sound ssilly but i was afraid if he was too distressed he may have another seizure cos of it, it prob doesnt work like that but the fear was still there in my head.
it def doesnt work for everyone , i think most people have some struggles with bf.
hope it works for u this time hon, but nothing wrong with ff too. some of my best nieces and nephews are ff :)
i was f and im not too bad ;) xxxxx

simon was staying on for like 2 hours at a time, he def wasnt gettin enough either.
thansk for making me feel better jess xxx

I am also getting ready to prepare for using formula, because I have a feeling I will be using it again. But I can only hope to be able to breastfeed. Glad I could help you with sharing my experience. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->