TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

Amos sorry to hear your sad news,
i was tested for many years and told it was this and that Lupus and what not, the condition i have is actually called Graves disease, it is one of many (80+) auto immune diseases that i am suceptable to and my bodies antibodies that are supposed to protect you ie when you have a cold they all form like an army and kill the infection, well its just the opposite with me. they actually attack my healthy tissues so with the Graves it was the babies, they were viewed as being a disease and my antibodies would kill off the babies vital organs. at the minute due to the medication it is focused on my thyroid and has been for the last 2 years which means that is being destroyed so things like temperature and metabolism are affected as it eats away at the tissue but i would rather have to have that removed and me on meds for the rest of my life than have to have another baby lost.
i will have to have my thyroid removed this time round as it is much more aggressive this time to the point i am very unwell and my meds have had to be increased 5 fold but its worth the sacrifice.
once you have auto immune disease your body will contract multiple disorders, so up to now i have chronic arthritis, Hashimotos disease, Lupus, degenerative nerve disease, chrones disease, MS and Graves disease among others but i will keep contracting them until the day i die. all it takes is a simple blood test that doctors do not regulary screen for. recurrent m/c is one of the symptoms that doctors pass off, also it is a common sign of Graves as is PCOS and unexplained infertility and annovulation. for me its too late but for others it can be stopped before all the heartache has a chance. i also have something called Hughes syndrome which may be something you ladies may want to check out, i have included a link to it https://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/pregnancyproblems/pregprobs_hughes_syndrome.asp
if there is anything you want to ask or any info i can give you give me a shout and i would be happy to help

Amos - I am so sorry for you loss, big :hug: for you xx

Tasha - Only you can know whats right for you and your family, dont let anyone tell you how you should feel xxxx

Katie - Huge congrates on the :bfp: wishing you a very sticky bean and a H & H 9 months ahead xxx

Hedgewitch - Thanks for sharing your story and you are truely an amazinly strong lady xxx

AFM - CD20 and still - on the opks, never took me this long to OV before not even when i had the last MC. If i dont OV this month i have no idea when AF is going to arrive . . .

Tasha... don't listen to anyone else, just hear what your heart tell you to do x

Amos OMG.... what the heck is going on sweetie? I am hoping and praying it is just a blip and your levels will shoot straight up :hugs:

Well done Katie... hoping for a healthy and happy pregancy for you x:happydance:

Hedgewitch... you are a true hero and an inspiration to many of us... I was in tears reading your story. It puts my woes in perspective and makes me think 'come on girl, pick yourself up and dust your heart off again'

My conception problems have been due to my underactive thyroid... for 6 years we tried and nothing and then a trip to a German Doctor discovered my thyroid wasn't working and put me on tablets and I fell pregnant... I am convinced that it is my thyroid that is causing my m/cs, but no one will test my levels when I am pregnant... so I don't know. I asked a gynae and they said underactive thyroids don't cause m/cs.... I don't believe them.

I really hope that this baby is born healthy and well, thank you for giving us all hope x:thumbup:

I've been stalking and found a few things that we didn't know...

pea-in-pod MC May, 2010 :cry:

Bexyboop BFP Apr 8, 2010 :happydance:
somedaymama BFP Apr 1, 2010 :happydance:
sue247 BFP Mar 5, 2010 :happydance:
emdeb BFP May 1, 2010 :happydance:

Updating! We'll be over 50 again! Woohoo!

:rofl: yes, i didnt want to dismiss everyone else first just to announce it :blush:

im in shock i think. my husband said he already knew...

going to have to buy another test i think just to make sure those pink lines are really pink lines and not a dream. someone pinch me xx

Well I want a pic of those pink lines!

how do i load a pic? i have to get it off my phone first..

:yipee: to all the sneaky :bfp:'s and pea in a pod sorry for your loss :hugs: stay over 50 please xxxx

i have posted a pic of my BFP in the pregnancy test gallery now xx im seriously scared (and hungry) xx

Katie - huge congratulations!!! Off to check out your pic.

Hedge - I am waiting for my appt to be tested for hughes to see if that is what killed Isabella and caused the early loss. I also had two placental abruptions so that's a sign too.

amos I am so sorry :hugs::hugs:

Katie congrats, fingers crossed for you

Thank you for all your support girls, I just took yesterdays news hard I guess, probably cos it is 12 days until Honey's third birthday. I am so grateful to have you all. :hugs::hugs:

Hedgewitch thank you for coming in here and posting (thanks to Megg for getting you to as well), your story is inspirational and I am so sorry for all you have been through. I am going to send you a message. I have everything crossed for you. :hugs:

I've been stalking and found a few things that we didn't know...

pea-in-pod MC May, 2010 :cry:

Bexyboop BFP Apr 8, 2010 :happydance:
somedaymama BFP Apr 1, 2010 :happydance:
sue247 BFP Mar 5, 2010 :happydance:
emdeb BFP May 1, 2010 :happydance:

Updating! We'll be over 50 again! Woohoo!

I am so sorry pea-in-pod. :hugs:

Congratulations to all of those wonderful ladies! Congrats to Katie too! :happydance:

Tasha - I will be thinking of you on honeys birthday. Those times will always be hard.

Hi, ladies......well the witch has now shown up so you can officially remove my bpf Megg :cry:

Sorry Amos, wish you all the best:hugs:

Congrats Katie :happydance:

sorry to read your sad news padbrat:hugs:

Here's to another month(well next month I'm gonna have a break, i've been thinking my body needs to settle down after two in a row)

Good luck ladies xx

TB sorry for you to:hugs:

and Megg good luck for MW appointment:happydance:

(sorry i missed you in the above post ladies got a terrible memory) x

congrats Katie!! I'll take the liberty of updating you on May testers too if thats ok - im spreading the bfp word

Megg I know of another BFP on this thread but as she hasn't posted I'll not say who, but the number is on the rise

Hugs to tash and amos

congrats Katie!! I'll take the liberty of updating you on May testers too if thats ok - im spreading the bfp word

Megg I know of another BFP on this thread but as she hasn't posted I'll not say who, but the number is on the rise

Hugs to tash and amos

Oooh mysterious.

Roonsma - I am sorry to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back