TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

How long did anyone bleed for after having a D&C?

I had my D&C a week ago today. The first few days I had horrible cramping and brown spotting. The past two days my cramps are much lighter but my bleeding is abundant and dark red and clotty.

I have an appointment today at 2:15pm, however I am just curious.

Also I was wondering if its ok to start TTC again right away?

I think, with a D&C, that you have to wait a couple of months for the lining of the uterus to heal & build back up but not sure as I had natural mc, maybe best to check with your doc.

Hi there tryforbaby2, I had a m/c at 5w+3 on 28/6/10 and stopped bleeding after 6 days. We have decided to start trying straight away. I had a positive ov test yesterday (was previously negative so wasnt left over from pg hormones) so we have been :sex: for the past few days. I felt completely ready to try again and my body has gone completely back to normal.

Thats great you feel comfortable to try again so soon after!
I am wondering if because I was 12 weeks if that is why I am bleeding heavier? :shrug: I am bleeding my heaviest yesterday and today. Very clotty too and it is so dark its nearly black. Very confusing and I hope everything is ok. My cramps also have come back to haunt me.....Ugh.....
The doctor that perfomred my D&C said I can try again after a cycle but mainly whenever I feel up to it, as it has been said they only say that for dating purposes if you fall pregnant again right away.

However, I did read that after a D&C to wait up to 3 months for the lining of your uterus to thicken back up to hold a baby.

So I dont know.....I want to try again right away but dont want to lose baby because my lining isnt thick enough........my patience is horrible.........LOL

Well I have my appointment soon, so I'll know soon enough hat they think! Thanks Girls!

can i join here? We are TTCAL. I miss my angel. :( We are on our 3rd Femara cycle, upped the dose this cycle to 5mg and just waiting for that Rainbowbaby.

Im Pregnant with a Femara Baby!
It worked great for me at 5mg, Good Luck and Baby Dust!

Hi there tryforbaby2, I had a m/c at 5w+3 on 28/6/10 and stopped bleeding after 6 days. We have decided to start trying straight away. I had a positive ov test yesterday (was previously negative so wasnt left over from pg hormones) so we have been :sex: for the past few days. I felt completely ready to try again and my body has gone completely back to normal.

Thats great you feel comfortable to try again so soon after!
I am wondering if because I was 12 weeks if that is why I am bleeding heavier? :shrug: I am bleeding my heaviest yesterday and today. Very clotty too and it is so dark its nearly black. Very confusing and I hope everything is ok. My cramps also have come back to haunt me.....Ugh.....
The doctor that perfomred my D&C said I can try again after a cycle but mainly whenever I feel up to it, as it has been said they only say that for dating purposes if you fall pregnant again right away.

However, I did read that after a D&C to wait up to 3 months for the lining of your uterus to thicken back up to hold a baby.

So I dont know.....I want to try again right away but dont want to lose baby because my lining isnt thick enough........my patience is horrible.........LOL

Well I have my appointment soon, so I'll know soon enough hat they think! Thanks Girls!

Sorry for your loss, I have had 2 D/C from losses and Bleeding should only feel like a heavy period flow to light to none following the D/C. If it doesn't feel NOrmal to YOu I would Definately Talk to you Doctor... (and we waited 2 cycles to begin trying again.)
Hope you feel Better :hugs:

I just got back from my appointment and we can go one of two ways.

#1. If the bleeding does not slow down by thursday, they will torture me again and again. They will do another ultrasound to see how much/if any tissue is left and perform ANOTHER D&C. :cry:

#2. If the bleeding does get a little lighter but still flowing they will give me a shot of progesterone to stop the bleeding.

This doctor advized me to wait 1-2 cycles before trying again.

Ugh.......Gross part ever: I still had to have a pelvic exam even though I was bleeding for two......so gross.....

Quick question to blood donors out there ...... can you donate in the 2WW? I want to give blood tomorrow (eek 1st time) and i will be 6DPO. The questionnaire just asks if u r pregnant or have a baby under 9 months old.

#1. If the bleeding does not slow down by thursday, they will torture me again and again. They will do another ultrasound to see how much/if any tissue is left and perform ANOTHER D&C. :cry:

#2. If the bleeding does get a little lighter but still flowing they will give me a shot of progesterone to stop the bleeding.

Ugh.......Gross part ever: I still had to have a pelvic exam even though I was bleeding for two......so gross.....

Like losing a baby isn't enough, we have to loase our dignity at the same time. :dohh: When I was in the ER during my MC I had to pee so bad so they gave me a bed pan. I couldn't do it, but I didn't dribble a bit, so not only was I covered in blood I was slightly covered in pee too. :wacko: I swear, those docs have seen it all. The worst part was leaving the hospital with my bloody pants and underwear in a bag with a hospital gown tied around my waste. :thumbup:

Hang in there. I really hope for your sake they don't have to do another D&C. I know two months seems like a long time, but if they say you should wait then you probably should.

Hi there tryforbaby2, I had a m/c at 5w+3 on 28/6/10 and stopped bleeding after 6 days. We have decided to start trying straight away. I had a positive ov test yesterday (was previously negative so wasnt left over from pg hormones) so we have been

My consultant said that if the lining is thick enough for the baby to implant and give you a positive test then it's fine. If it's not thick enough you won't miscarry as you won't ever get a positive test. HTH

Different drs tell you different things. One I saw after losing Isabella said that it was not physically possible to fall pregnant after a miscarriage before your first period. I know that's crap as I did. Idiots

Like losing a baby isn't enough, we have to loase our dignity at the same time. :dohh: When I was in the ER during my MC I had to pee so bad so they gave me a bed pan. I couldn't do it, but I didn't dribble a bit, so not only was I covered in blood I was slightly covered in pee too. :wacko: I swear, those docs have seen it all. The worst part was leaving the hospital with my bloody pants and underwear in a bag with a hospital gown tied around my waste. :thumbup:

Hang in there. I really hope for your sake they don't have to do another D&C. I know two months seems like a long time, but if they say you should wait then you probably should.

Oh my goodness! Talk about embarassing! Thank You! :flower:

Hi there tryforbaby2, I had a m/c at 5w+3 on 28/6/10 and stopped bleeding after 6 days. We have decided to start trying straight away. I had a positive ov test yesterday (was previously negative so wasnt left over from pg hormones) so we have been

My consultant said that if the lining is thick enough for the baby to implant and give you a positive test then it's fine. If it's not thick enough you won't miscarry as you won't ever get a positive test. HTH

Different drs tell you different things. One I saw after losing Isabella said that it was not physically possible to fall pregnant after a miscarriage before your first period. I know that's crap as I did. Idiots

Thank You! Idiots...I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Quick question to blood donors out there ...... can you donate in the 2WW? I want to give blood tomorrow (eek 1st time) and i will be 6DPO. The questionnaire just asks if u r pregnant or have a baby under 9 months old.

Not sure on that one Deb but i know they are really strict on stuff like that, i went and told them about something really minor and they wouldn't let me.

Good on ya girl!! x :thumbup:

You can, but most people don't due to the amount of blood supply needed for proper implantation and such. I don't know if there's any truth to it, but that's all the info I have on the matter! :hugs:

Thanks guys - no appointments available so might just pop in and see what they say.

OMG Padbrat! That's AMAZING! Honestly, I was a bit hesitant when I pulled it... because it meant nothing to me in the context of what I knew of your life! But, I figured if that's what the universe wanted you to see, then that's what it wanted you to see! And, it was a pretty positive sounding card! I'm SO excited that it came out right! :yipee: Excited about your tests!!! Also, :yipee: for AF from hell finishing! :hugs: You've really made my week! :hugs:

awww Megg you always make my week hun!:kiss:

Poor Africa Queen... I hope she feels all the love and vibes from us and knows she isn't alone...:flower:

Deb... another random thought please cos they make me laugh:happydance:

Amos.. you sea sick yet? I am... can we get off the boat yet LMAO

Holiday Holiday... if we took a holiday ... Hooolllliiiddaaaaay... took some time to celebrate...:happydance:

AfricaQueen, I am heartbroken for you. So sorry. :cry:

Sveta, C&J, tryforbaby2, foxforce, madlyttc: :hi: welcome to the thread. Sorry for your losses. :hugs:
(Madly, I have had 2 chemicals and a loss at 8 weeks, so can relate to your sadness)

Sorry :witch: got you Dazed. Hope it's the last one for a long time!

Pad, yay! Glad she's leaving!

Amos, so happy you can start again soon.

Megg, whew! Good job keeping up with all of us. Fab news on the EWCM!

I am still waiting for :witch: to show so I can get started with IVF! Ugh.

C'mon AF Bizzy has to get bizzy for a baby!:haha:

Right, so can't give blood if there is even a remote chance i'm all up the duff. Something to do with the amount of iron that's removed! Bit gutted, but hopefully a :bfp: will make me feel better lol!

Tea is my new best friend.

I bet it would Deb!! Just what we need to cheer us up, when are you testing?

:coffee: (just for you)!

Fingers crossed Deb! Padbrat- You know what cures seasickness?? WINE!!! lol

Yay me- Cycle #2 before we can TTC is now officially under way!!! And it seems like AF has really missed me because she is making up for lost time...what a bitty!! But I don't care- I have a plan now and feel very confident that my next BFP will result in a BABY!!!
Bring on the end of August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->