TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

Yay Sunshine!
I take 1200mg of fish oil. Dr said one pill should be fine (600mg), but I'm just following the dosage on the bottle. Never noticed a difference in smell down there.

I never noticed anything different either, Dazed. I'm wondering if Cod Liver Oil has a different effect?

It might...my bottle says "Fish Oil" it does nt say anything about what kind of fish etc. I have had a few people tell me about different smells they get though when they take just the fish oil. I would stick with the cod liver to avoid a smelly situation haha

I don't think Cod Liver Oil and Fish Oil are the same. I was told to only take Fish Oil...

"•Essential fatty acids (EFA) (1-7 grams per day) can help the health of your reproductive system, insulin levels, heart and brain. EFA reduce inflammation throughout the body (a possible cause of PCOS and other types of infertility) and promote overall health. The best source is purified fish oil (don’t take cod liver oil as it is too high in vitamins A & D and may prove toxic)."

Just what I found regarding the difference.

I didn't have a choice... there was only cod liver oil. :s I didn't have any fishy burbs yet. Well, I'll try with what I bought. I have my Royal Jelly too. ;)

ok, seeing as though I live in Montreal (where during our winter months starting now or the next few weeks until March our daily high is below zero with not a lot of sunshine)... I think Cod Live Oil is perfect for me:

Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil is rich in vitamin A and vitamin D along with the omega 3 essential fatty acids. Due to certain cod liver oil benefits, it is recommended to take this oil in winters, when the person is does not get sufficient amount of vitamin D from the sun. It is therefore also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’. If cod liver oil is taken in summers by people living in the Northern United States and Canada, there are chances of toxicity from excess accumulation of vitamin D from the sun, along with the dietary sources, vitamin supplements and cod liver oil. At the same time, if the person lives in the southern states of United States, it is recommended, that they avoid using cod liver oil all year around.

Fish Oil
Fish oil can be beneficial as a dietary supplement for everyone above the age of four and who have sufficient exposure to sunlight. Fish oil is rich in omega 3 essential fatty acids, however unlike cod liver oil it does not contain vitamin D. Vitamin D is present in the liver of the fish and fish oil that is made from the whole body of the fish, contains insignificant quantities of vitamin D in it. Fish oil is recommended for people who get lot of sun exposure and/or who eat a lot of fish, which are naturally rich in vitamin D, such as salmon, mackerel and sardines. At the same time, if the person lives in an area, where the weather is warm all around the year and the skin is exposed to the sun, he should consume fish oil as against cod liver oil. Women, who are pregnant or are nursing during the summer months, should consume fish oil and not cod liver oil.

From the fish oil vs cod liver oil debate, the conclusion that was drawn is that cod liver oil should be taken by those, who stay far away from the equator and are not adequately exposed to sunlight. There are people, who are allergic to sunlight, and hence do not step out in the sun. They may therefore be prone to a vitamin D deficiency. Such people are recommended to take cod liver oil. If you are going to start of with either cod liver oil or fish oil, you may want to consult your health care professional. If blood tests are recommended, it is good to get the blood tests done. In case the blood tests show the level of vitamin D to be greater than 50 ng/ml, you will be advised against taking cod liver oil.

Ooooh I just saw a pg ticker somewhere else and came to see the announcement. It's not here!!! Come on girl!!!

Congrats to all the new BFPs!! Can't wait to see the number break the 140 mark!

Wait, what? I didn't even see that. Congrats Dawny!

Congratulations Sunshine and Dawny!!!!!

AFM, I'm pretty much out this month, my temp is dropping....:(

everytime I check this now there's two more BFP's CONGRATS!!!

Congratulations to the new BFPs! :dust: to everyone else xxxxxx

Yipee...there's been 2 new BFP's since I last checked - congratulations...this is awesome for this group...keep them coming :)

Congrats Girls wish All of you a Happy Healthy 9 months and lots of baby dust to everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->