TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

Hi I dropped in a while ago after I had a MMC. Is it ok to join you girls. I am at ovulation point, if I can ovulate without clomid that is as I have not taken any this cycle. You never know though I suppose. XX

Just dropping in to say GL to megg for tomorrow. Hope it goes great sweetie.

Just saw your video you uploaded. You are my hero. I'd be a gibbering wreck if I had to do that each night. I just know you'll be getting your bfp soon. You blinking well deserve it. Big :hugs: to you :)

Sorry for your loss shashy :hugs:

Hey Beanwood. Hope you get your :bfp: very soon :)

Hey I am just a lurker on this thread but just have to say a big congrats to my girl Embo!! So happy for you! :hugs:

Hi I dropped in a while ago after I had a MMC. Is it ok to join you girls. I am at ovulation point, if I can ovulate without clomid that is as I have not taken any this cycle. You never know though I suppose. XX

Of course you can! :) Hoping you O soon! :hugs: Good luck!!!

Just dropping in to say GL to megg for tomorrow. Hope it goes great sweetie.

Just saw your video you uploaded. You are my hero. I'd be a gibbering wreck if I had to do that each night. I just know you'll be getting your bfp soon. You blinking well deserve it. Big :hugs: to you :)

Aww! Thank you! :hugs: You know just the right thing to say!

You're very welcome megg. When I first joined this thread I was in a very dark place and the kind words of comfort and support you offered will never be forgotten and will always be appreciated.

Can't wait to find out how today goes :) :) :)

You're very welcome megg. When I first joined this thread I was in a very dark place and the kind words of comfort and support you offered will never be forgotten and will always be appreciated.

Can't wait to find out how today goes :) :) :)

You're way too sweet for your own good! :flower: It puts a huge smile on my face to know I could help you though. Loss is so hard, and bringing comfort to even a single person means I've done something good with my life. And to see that you've gone on and succeeded in conceiving again... I can't wait to see how precious your little one is! :hugs: I'll update as soon as I'm home!

Meggo you have given so much to so many, there are hundreds of people on here willing your little IVF geeks to life xxxxx

Dammit! I cry every time I read something like that! Like... I burst into tears! Damn meds! LOL Thank you! :hugs: I really, really appreciate it!

P.S. I know of a BFP that I'm waiting to update... I hope she shows herself soon!

Haha! Well, she said she had faint positives... but she hasn't come in here! Hmph!

AFM... I tested to see that my trigger shot got through my system properly. Never realized how much it would hurt to see a perfect BFP and know its totally fake. Cried, and cried, and cried!

Ive been so tottally swamped with work I come home and crash frome stress. BUT....
CONGRATS to the surge of BFPs. Its just what this thread needed!

Megg!!! So things are looking good right? I have done some reasearch on IVF only because I wanted to know more about your situation, but its been a month or more and I only read a few pages and Im not as hip on the specific lingo.

If you wouldnt mind do you think you could give me at least a brief ( or detailed :winkwink:) "rundown" if you will of whats happened and going to happen in the hunt for your BFP? Wifey likes me to update her with happy news from here.

The best I could come up with on catching up on the last week is they are measureing your uterine lining? To see if it can support a baby this month kind of thing? See..Im just a bit lost, and you have helped us so much we want to be in the loop :)

PS...In my defense I still think Im doing pretty good trying to keep up for a guy. :)

Ive been so tottally swamped with work I come home and crash frome stress. BUT....
CONGRATS to the surge of BFPs. Its just what this thread needed!

Megg!!! So things are looking good right? I have done some reasearch on IVF only because I wanted to know more about your situation, but its been a month or more and I only read a few pages and Im not as hip on the specific lingo.

If you wouldnt mind do you think you could give me at least a brief ( or detailed :winkwink:) "rundown" if you will of whats happened and going to happen in the hunt for your BFP? Wifey likes me to update her with happy news from here.

The best I could come up with on catching up on the last week is they are measureing your uterine lining? To see if it can support a baby this month kind of thing? See..Im just a bit lost, and you have helped us so much we want to be in the loop :)

Sure, hun! No problem! The run down...

Friday, I had an ultrasound to check both my lining and how many follicles I was growing, along with their sizes. They were particularly interested in my lining, because I had a D&C on Oct 25 to remove a lot of polyps and "bad" tissue. So, they needed to see it was coming in again enough to support a pregnancy, and it has (13mm)! The follicle count was to see how I was responding to the meds, and the follicle sizes were to see if I was ready to do my trigger shot. The blood work (checking E2/Estradiol) was for the same purpose. They want to see follicles in the 18-22mm range to be considered "mature." And, they want to see E2 in the range of 1,000-4,000 at the time of egg retrieval.

Follicles grow at a rate of about 2-3mm per day. E2 doubles every 24-48 hours. On Friday, my follicle count was 15 follicles between 11-18mm. My E2 was 584. That wasn't good enough to be ready to go yet. So, I continued my stimulation meds on Friday and Saturday night. On Sunday, my follicle count was 20 follicle between 14-22mm. My E2 was 1299. So, they decided I was ready to go.

Here's my ovary from the ultrasound:
https://i52.tinypic.com/2nu7i10.jpg

I took a shot of HCG about 24 hours ago. It will act as a faux LH surge, which will make the follicles finish maturing. Egg retrieval is in the morning at 9:45, which is within a few hours of when I would naturally ovulate from the trigger shot. So, my eggs will be as mature as possible without risking me ovulating on my own. Here come diagrams!

Egg collection is where they knock me out via IV drugs, and then they use a long needle attached to a transvaginal ultrasound transducer. They'll be able to see the follicles via the ultrasound, and the needle will be used to aspirate each follicle and pull out all the fluid and hopefully an egg. They won't know how many eggs they got until they're done and can examine the fluid.

Egg retrieval:
https://www.fertilityalternatives.com/images/eggretpic.jpg

Better image of how egg retrieval is done:
https://knol.google.com/k/-/-/3iydfls5dt36v/yvl052/oocyte-retrieval.jpg

Then, they take the eggs they get and find the mature ones (some won't be mature). There is some way for them to tell if they're mature or not. They will then do ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) with each egg and my husband's sperm. Its done like this!

How ICSI is done:
https://www.medicaltourismco.com/assisted-reproduction-fertility/pics/intracytoplasmic-sperm-injection.jpg

They'll call me Wednesday morning and let me know how many eggs fertilized. I'll lose some each day of the growth process probably, but the ones that are lost wouldn't have been viable anyway. If we get to Day 5 (blastocyst stage), then they'll do "assisted hatching" to make them even more likely to implant. Its where they make a small hole in the outer portion of the "shell" to make it easier for the blastocyst to hatch out and implant. I'll know if it worked about 11 days later.

This is what it looks like after assisted hatching:
https://www.hamiltonthorne.com/products/lasers/zilostk/images/after-treatment-smaller&arrow.jpg

And, this is the stages of what happens from retrieval to Day 5:
https://www.geneticsandsociety.org/img/original/egg_retrieval_diagram.jpg

Feel free to ask questions. I'll answer if I know the answers!

PS...In my defense I still think Im doing pretty good trying to keep up for a guy. :)

You're doing amazing... for a guy or a girl! :thumbup: Thank you for being interested! :hugs:

Wow Megg - That was an amazing explanation...I love all the pics...you should do a course for ladies going into IVF! You'd be great at it! I think if I read everything correctly you have EGG retrieval this morning so loads of good luck and happy mature eggs! I hope it isn't too painful at all!:hugs:

(PS thanks Chevelle for asking about IVF exactly because I have to admit I really don't get it either :) )

Wow Megg! New career lined up for you as an educator!! Nice one. I feel fully informed now!
Hope they collect lots of beautiful fat eggs this morning and that by close of play today you have lots of lovely embryos just waiting to go back in!

OOh yeah...how many would they put back at a time? And will they freeze the rest?

Hope everyone else is doing ok and that all the new BFP ladies are managing to relax as much as possible.

CD12 here. So things shold get interesting over this next week! (I hope! Don't want another confusing month like last month!)

Have a good day all

Fairy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"