TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

I'm also going to be going for further testing.

I'm going back in cycle for ICSI! I start my meds on Mar 16! Bring the pain and the forever baby that comes with it! :happydance:

Yay Megg! That's just 5 weeks away, or thereabouts!!! Fingers crossed you get a solid fat and very STICKY BFP!!!
Did the hosp ever let you know the results of any testing done on the samples you gave them when you had your m/c?

Wow! Look at the jump in numbers! Congrats to all those with their new BFPs!!

Excellent news Megg :happydance: those weeks are going to fly...winter baby here we come! :dust:

PS. Thank you for updating the front page...I feel honored to be there with a BFP - you always said I would get one...Merci for everything! The numbers are looking so lovely now...I am sure we will be adding your April one very soon!

Thanks, Liz! I'm glad to have you up there too! It was nice to see the # jump! And, surprisingly not that hard to move myself. If I can stay the only Feb loss, I'd be happy to have 100% success in April! LOL

Go Team BFP! Great to see the number going up again :hugs: to the new angels xxx

Great news about the ICSI Megg, everything crossed it brings you your forever baby xx

I'm glad you don't have to delay getting back into treatment! April will be a lovely month for a BFP!

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if you could give me your opinions on what you would do...

I'm starting a new job (nursing) and they took some blood on Monday to test for Hep B and Varicella (chicken pox) immunity. I know I have to have the hep B booster - and that's fine but if I come back not immune to varicella (which is likely, despite having chicken pox, two separate tests in 2002 and 2004 showed I wasn't immune) I have been told that I will be offered the varicella vaccine.

I'm not against vaccines but the problem I have is this, it is a live vaccine in two doses, so you cannot be pregnant. So I would have to not be pregnant for the first dose, wait two months to have the second dose, again not get pregnant and then wait a further month until TTC again. So I could miss out on 4 months TTC oh and also you can't take aspirin, so if I were to get pregnant I couldn't take my medication and would miscarry again.

I am thinking that I don't want the vaccine. If I wasn't a healthcare worker then my immunity would never be tested, I had chicken pox as a child, noone would bother looking into it. I have read that if you do get chicken pox when pregnant it can have all sorts of nasty affects on the foetus and I wouldn't want to risk that but I've had 5 miscarriages in the last year and I desperately want a baby and I think I would go mad having to wait 4 months, I'm not getting any younger too!

So any thoughts? I'm hoping I can just refuse the vaccine, I mean surely they can't force me to have it?

Hey Rabbitchild, sounds like you need to contact your union to see what their advice is. I'm guessing they could only oblige you to have it, if by not having it, you somehow posed a risk to patients. If it's just for your own protection as you are more likely to come into contact with patients with such conditions, then maybe if you signed a disclaimer saying you are aware of the risks but opt not to have it? Also, is the live dose in 2 doses the only varicella vaccine? A friend of mine emmigrated to Australia recently, her health check came back showing she didn't have immunity. I'm fairly sure she just ahd one jab and that was that, as she certaily left within 2 months of geting it sorted, so she couldn't have had a second one in the timescales you describe.
Good luck! TOTALLY understand why you don't want to be held up in TTC!
Fairy xx

I wish I had advice... I don't know how things work over there. As much as my heart is British now... I'm still clueless on a lot of things! LOL

Thanks Megg and Fairybabe - great suggestions. I will research the vaccine and see if there is a choice of having just one jab. I don't think I would be having it to protect patients, more to protect me but I'm unlikely to come into contact with patients with chicken pox as it's unlikely they would require interventional radiology. TBH I didn't get chicken pox when my siblings had it, I didn't get shingles when my grandparents had it on separate occasions and I didn't get it when my DH had it 7 years ago so I might have some sort of immunity anyway...

Anyhoo I'll stop blathering, thanks again for the help x

I wish I had advice... I don't know how things work over there. As much as my heart is British now... I'm still clueless on a lot of things! LOL

Megg... I am hoping April could be the start of good things for us both... we are off to the clinic on the 28th April for our first consultation - everything booked, flights, hotel and clinic. We will be having ICSI as well cos of Hubby's direction challenged swimmers :haha:

Please please please let us both get some good news soon!:happydance:

nice to see that BFP jump!! :)
im onto cycle 23! giving clomid its last chance before heading back to the doctors! i wonder what they will suggest next....:(
hope every one is well :hugs:

Hoping so, Pad! FX'd! :kiss:

Hope you can find a way, Carly... I don't want you to have to wait any longer! :hugs:

Let's hope Clomid only needs this one last chance, Mara! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->