TTC After A Loss... Race for the BFP! - 211 BFP's!!!

As far as i know i wasnt pregnant last cycle :haha: It confuses me cause doc said first was positive that was at 4 dpo and second was one on 6 dpo and that was negative . It just doesnt seem right too me . I almost wonder if i should keep on the progesterone just incase cause AF will still come if im taking it

That certainly does sound very strange!!!!! Are you self med'g with Progesterone? It can delay AF so if you arent pregnant then you will be delaying your next cycle. Tough call. How many dpo are you now? You could stay on prog a bit longer and test again in a few days.... but I have no idea where you are in your cycle. x

Mmmm I dont know what prometrium is.... but 9DPO..... I would take it another 2-3 days if it were me. Then it leaves 2-4 days maybe longer to get out of your system to let af come naturally. But you might still have a slightly longer cycle.

PROMETRIUM® (progesterone, USP) Capsules are used with estrogen in postmenopausal women with a uterus for the prevention of abnormal thickening of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia).

PROMETRIUM Capsules are also used to treat the absence of menstrual periods in women who have previously had a menstrual period (secondary amenorrhea).

Does this apply to you?? If its something like this I would ask your doctor when to stop using it. I used the natural cream for a time between 5DPO and maybe 9DPO to boost my levels in case of a pregnant cycle but then stopped so af could start naturally.

Just read this too.....

How should I use Prometrium?

The recommended dose of progesterone is 200 mg daily taken at bedtime for the last 14 days of estrogen treatment per cycle. Women who take high doses of estrogen should receive a progesterone dose of 300 mg per day. If the dose is 300 mg daily, 200 mg should be taken at bedtime and 100 mg should be taken two hours after breakfast for the last 12 to 14 days of estrogen treatment per cycle.

Many things can affect the dose of medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications. Do not change the way that you are taking the medication without consulting your doctor.

It is very important that this medication be taken on a regular schedule as prescribed by the doctor. If you are using 200 mg daily and miss a dose of this medication at bedtime (i.e., 2 of the 100 mg capsules), take an extra dose of 100 mg (1 capsule) the following morning and continue taking the rest of the capsules as prescribed by your doctor. If you are taking 300 mg daily and miss a dose, skip the missed dose and carry on with your regular schedule. Do not double-up on doses.

Ya that info helps ty hun ! I took it today but ill stop taking it tommorow , Its okay if my cycle is a little longer . Im thinking about asking my doctor about taking Birth control for a couple of months to see if it can help stabalize my periods and hormones after i stop it .

Do you mind me asking why you are on prometrium? Is it for a luteal phase defect? I know with my thyroid my LP has sometimes been affected but at the moment my cycles are 30 days and have always been 28. They have been longer since I stopped taking my thyroxine. I dont even know if I should stop taking it but I have been more well, more energetic, happier and lost weight since not taking it. I will get bloods done though just to check cause my FS might have a go for me just stopping like that.

I've always found that curious that bcp stabilises cycles. My gp wont prescribe any contraceptive as I have adverse reactions to every single one I have taken...

Sorry to cut you guys off but im worried i took a first response ov test and it neg but my internet cheapy is pos which should i trust? i have never used a first response ov test

Attachments

• test 1.jpg
    test 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • test 2.jpg
    test 2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 3
I would trust the IC , I hear alot of women saying they never get a positive opk on the frer ones .
Im on progesterone for LPD also

Thank you. that put my mind at ease.
Rusk maybe you had a chemical preg maybe you should keep testing to see where you are

Emma - Hoping this is your cycle, love! Dec vs Jan isn't so bad! :hugs:

yeah I was able to relax a little around 20+ weeks but now I find Im getting nervous again.,. Im so ready for this pregnancy to be over. megg how muc longer till you hopefully get implanted?

I'm excited for you to meet your LO!!! :) I'm thinking either this weekend or early next week. I'll know more tomorrow.

So i got to thinking something still isnt right ! Is it really possible to have a positive beta at 4 dpo ????

What was your level on the first one? If it was a beta, it should have been a # rather than just "positive" or "negative"... And, a + at 4dpo sounds really weird to me too. :wacko:

He just told me positive and negative which does seem odd to me too since it was a quanative and not qualative beta

I would trust the IC. The frer might be a higher concentrate... I have always trusted the IC's. And the line on that is clearly equal to or darker than the test line....which is a positive.

How did they determine that Ruskie? I wonder if thats what may be my problem because I miscarry so early. Normally its related to implantation failure.... but I'm still in early stages with my FS. U/S is next.

i think that your doc needs to figure out what is going on how can he tell you no and yes

He did mine with a progesterone check , There is other tests they can do but the most common is the progesterone one

i almost lost this thread! i had to go searching for it hehe
how is everyone?? :hugs:

Still no sign of AF for me , Just waiting on her to show up havent had anymore positive tests i thought i had a very faint line this morning but i dont trust it

Not great... My cycle seems to be going downhill. Update in my journal. Most of the info is in the 1st post... but the important/specific bits aren't. I can link you or something if you want to know more... but I won't know if we're abandoning it until Friday morning.

So sorry Ruskie :( xx

AF arrived for me last night so counting today as CD1, will begin the clomid again tomorrow and pray for a 2012 baby. x

Sorry AF arrived, fx'd for this cycle :hugs:

I am CD4... af still trailing behind me at the minute. Go away witch bag, I need to be BD!!!! LOL! I phoned the hospital today and told them to ring me to book my appointment, not write. The woman can see I have been waiting too long for my scan and she is going to try get me a cancellation soon. She is ringing me tomorrow with an update. Then FS follow up here I come! I also chased our solicitor today as social services have not reached a decision about our assessment cause the woman has taken a few extra days off. Nice to see my nephew comes first in her books... not. I hope to hear by the end of the week. I am seeing my sister tomorrow and will be getting lots of pics of him though. I cant wait!

Any news on your appointment or the assessment?

i almost lost this thread! i had to go searching for it hehe
how is everyone?? :hugs:

How are you feeling hun?

AFM I'm on CD10 & feeling like crap. Woke up with a sore throat yesterday & it seems to be developing into a full blown cold now, just in time for the weekend :growlmad: & I'm supposed to :sex: tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->