TTC after a Tubal Reversal ~Come Join Me~

I had my first child at 16. I got married at 18 and had my next child at 19. My last child (my son) came at age 20. My husband got a vasectomy. My husband had a new found freedom and he decided to use it and we separated 2 years after the vasectomy. I decided in 1999 that I would get my tubes tied because I thought I was done and BCP just didn't work for me. (I had 2 of my children on BCP) Then in Feb. 2000 I met the best man in the world and we married in April 2001. He is 5 years younger than me and he jumped in with my 3 children as if he was there from day one! He has been the BEST DAD in the world to them. We had discussed having a child but we kinda flip flopped with it for a few years and then we decided in 2005 we wanted to do it. So we started saving for it (as insurance doesn't pay for it and it was $5800) I had my TR on April 12, 2007. I had it done at Chapel Hill TR and my tube length is 2.5 and 3.0.
We started TTC immediately. However my life was turned upside down faster than I could blink! My son had a potentially fatal accident on his ATV and was med flighted to a major hospital here. He was in ICU for 5 days. He has a ruptured spleen, lacerated liver, broken rib, and a broken leg. I was dealing with him and finally in July he was all better and back to normal! Thank GOD! So as soon as we get him well, in August my father had a massive heart attack and died at his home. It was completely unexpected. So I dealt with that for quite a while. Very depressed for a few months and still deal with it every day, but it has got better over time. We had 2 more deaths in my family within 90 days of my dad. So we had a LOT of stress in our family for 6 months! So as soon as the stress let up.... wouldn't you know..... I got my first on Feb 15th!!!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!! How exciting!
Well not really...... No sooner was I getting used to the feeling of being pregnant, I get the huge blow!!!!!!!!!!! On March 3rd, I went in for my scan and as I was laying on the table the technician says to me " I don't see a gestational sac" I lost it! I knew something was wrong for a while since I started spotting about 1 week prior to the scan, but I was praying it was implantation. I was wrong. I lost my baby on March 6th. We have had 3 miscarriages since then. One on July 5th 2008 at 5 wks 4 days and then October 21 2008 and I am unsure of how far I was at that time due to it being a strange cycle and the most recent was February 16 2010 at 9 wks.
We have had the HSG and got the all clear, numerous blood tests and semen analysis and all perfect. We have done 4 months of Clomid and 4 months of Femara. The last pregnancy I was taking 5 mg of Femara. All the doctors are saying that we are perfect and I have the egg reserve of a 20 something but it is the egg quality that is hurting us. So it basically is a hit or miss right now. We have the eggs, it's just a matter of getting the right one.
So right now we are back on the TTC wagon again and this is our 36 month of trying to conceive a healthy baby. I hope everyone else s journey is much shorter than ours. Good luck! :hugs:
Oh and BTW we are expecting our first grandchild on Aug. 8th and it's a boy!

jonnanne3..Welcome:hi: !!! Sorry to hear about all the sadness that you have been through:nope:, but it looks like things are getting better...Congrats on the grandbaby:happydance:..Heres alittle bout myself...I am 30 and have 4 wonderful children from a previous marriage,I had my tubes tied after my last son who is now 4 and ahalf, I remarried :wedding:the most wonderful man who is a bit younger than me(24) with no kids of his own we decided to do the TR. We had it done on March 16th 2010 (btw, he is a great dad to my other kids) The doctor just recently gave us the ok to start TTCing!!!! I am excited and scared at the same time...Goodluck to you and lots of babydust your way:dust:

Thanks Anxious5! I know how exciting and nerve racking it can be! Good luck and I hope your journey is a short one! :hugs:

Welcome Jonnanne! Wow what a journey you have been on! I'm always amazed by woman that have been on this crazy TTC roller coaster for long periods of time. I commend you really cause this is my first month and boy I'm already like this is for the birds. lol

AFM...I called to get an appointment with the nurse prac. at the fertility clinic here on post. They always have this young guy who answers the phones there make the appointments. I'm sorry but it should be a woman when you are calling a womans clinic lol. He said he would just make me an appointment but one wasn't open until next Friday. I explained to him the urgency of the situation cause of the TR and he said I needed to call the reg. nurses line and do a same day appointment. I just hung up and called my reg. doc. appointment line. I have an appt. tomorrow at 8:30am. I'm just gonna ask for my blood to be taken and hopefully some meds to get me started again.

I STILL have sore bb's and my nipples are extra sensitive almost hurting.

Goodluck Flutterby I wish you the best and keep us updated

Welcome jonnanne3!

Fluterby...I hope you get some answers at your doctors. Why in the world do they have a man answering the phone at a fertility clinic? Thats kinda funny!

I have a ?:shrug:...ok I had stabbing pains yesterday and have been fairly dry down there...Today i woke up with creamy white discharge, We have been:sex: everyday but we didnt lastnite due to a headache on mypart and he worked late and was tired. So my ? is Is it the right time to be :sex:?

reedsgirl, I know how you must feel. It was 1 year for me on Mrch 27.. and with losing 2 I know i can get preggo but I don't know how many more I can go through with such bad outcomes. Then when I am already to try and give it my all my AF really messed me up so I dont even no when or if I ovulated... now I pray fr AF so I can try again... I just hpe and pray and wish every nite and I know the out come will be worth it... Keep your head up and I am always here if you want to chat.

Jonnanna so glad to see you!! I am glad all is ging well with the grandbaby. I am again so sorry for loss. So you and dh have deciced to continue with you journey?? I will keep you in my prayers that you get a healthy bean really soon.

Anxious5 get to BDn!

Fluter I really hope you get great news at the doc tomorrow.

Hey Hopm my cycle is a mess this month too. MY ticker is off a little I actually Od earlier this month so I am not sure when I will be starting and I am dying to test. I try so hard to keep my PMA up but it gets hard. :(

Hey girls do you know if I use a opk as a hpt do I use fmu??

I dont know how to answer that. before my TL, I was fertile Mrytle. Ive never really had to think about any of this before. I just get on it every other day from the time my period ends, until just before af. I usually am very intrested naturally around O time..and right before my period I turn off. Cracks my husband up every month. I go from not getting enough of him, to telling him not to even think about thinking about touching me! Poor guy! He has a pretty good sense of humor about it though:winkwink:

LOL Mrs. Mommy I'm the exact same way. He is used to it by now

I do have yahoo messenger. I will pm you my info so you can add me. I use it mainly from my phone cause we live in the middle of no where and can still only get dial up.

LOL Mrs. Mommy I'm the exact same way. He is used to it by now

You have to have a sense of humor especially if you are TTC. The BDing can get to be more like "work" unless you keep it fun.
Should have heard what he said when I told him about egg whites...He thinks we are all nuts! lol

Well DH and I :sex: and just my luck my incision opened up again:dohh:really? after a mnth..Its only bout a half inch but I thought that was weird. Now Dh doesnt even want to try cuz he is scared to hurt me:shrug:...What to do?

Oh geez, it did? What kind of closure did you have? I had staples and about an inch section took FOREVER to close. It looked like they did a crappy staple job when they closed me up.
Do you need to go in and get stitches?

Hi jonnanne3 and welcome to the TR thread :)

So sorry to hear all the heartache you've suffered but it certainly sounds like things are looking up! Congratulations on becoming a grandmummy :D

I'm Mel and had my TR last November, if you want to know more there's a link in my signature for my Journal, be warned it's NOT an interesting read lol

fluterby429 - Good luck with the appointment, hopefully you can get some answers, preferably one that begins with a BFP!

Anxious5 - Your stabbing pains sound like ovulation pains, have you had any EWCM yet?

Also my scar popped open again after about a month, only in one place about a centimetre in length. I was told to just keep it clean and let it reseal, however on Christmas Morning i woke to my insides on the outside!! Ended up spending the morning at A&E begging them to hurry up so my Turkey didn't burn!! Might be worth getting a stitch or 2 put in just to be on the safe side.

Doggy style for you tonight then!! :D

reedsgirl1138 - How many DPO are you now? I've lost track! I'm not sure on the FMU for the OPK (as a HPT) but I'd imagine the same rules apply as any other HPT. Good luck!! xx (How many abbreivations can you get in one paragraph!! lol)

Wow it seems to have taken ages to catch up on all the new posts, there's really a good gathering of us TR ladies now!

I'm now 5DPO and trying to remain level headed until next week when the true obsessing will begin lol

Wow! I can't believe an incision opened up after a month! With me, I was able to take the strips off after 10 days and I had 2 stitches and I was completely healed. I wonder what they used? I am sorry that happened. I would call your doctor and get that taken care of very soon! :hugs:

I suppose it depends on the type of surgery.

For me it was open surgery the full length of my original c section scar as they removed the scar tissue to start from fresh. I had desolvable stitches which seemed to take forever to disolve!

What did everyone else have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->