TTC after a Tubal Reversal ~Come Join Me~

Tater- progesterone really can be helpful in sustaining pregnancy. It comes in a lot of different forms- creams, tabs, suppositories. Are you looking for a certainm kind of progesterone, or just curious about the progesterone itself? No matter how the progesterone gets into the body it serves the same purpose. Perhaps instead of stressing about one certain kind, you could just ask about progesterone in general? The topical creams are OTC, for the more concentrated forms you need a rx.

I may not know a lot about TTC, but I'm an OB/GYN dictionary :) I was in nursing a long time, and OB always interested me the most

Tater- progesterone really can be helpful in sustaining pregnancy. It comes in a lot of different forms- creams, tabs, suppositories. Are you looking for a certainm kind of progesterone, or just curious about the progesterone itself? No matter how the progesterone gets into the body it serves the same purpose. Perhaps instead of stressing about one certain kind, you could just ask about progesterone in general? The topical creams are OTC, for the more concentrated forms you need a rx.

I may not know a lot about TTC, but I'm an OB/GYN dictionary :) I was in nursing a long time, and OB always interested me the most.

Yikes- I have no idea why that posted twice...sorry guys.

Tater I was on progestrone to help sustain this pregnancy...before the dr gave me the RX for it I was using a otc from GNC but didn't start using it until I knew FOR SURE that I Ovulated. Starting it to soon can mess with your cycle.

Tater I was on progestrone to help sustain this pregnancy...before the dr gave me the RX for it I was using a otc from GNC but didn't start using it until I knew FOR SURE that I Ovulated. Starting it to soon can mess with your cycle.

Just out of sheer curiosity...I had a friend who had to do the progesterone suppositories, but I never thought to ask her why she needed them or how it was discovered she needed them. After she started those, she did end up having a baby girl. Now that I am TTC...is there anything that I should be looking for or be aware of? Can you tell by charting you may need progesterone? Just curious...

Okay, remember how I said that my DH said that Pre-seed was sticky and gross and that he hated it? I was racking my brain trying to think of some other option and then I remembered that when he went in for his analysis before I had my TR, they told him the only kind of lubricant they would allow was canola oil. So, I thought, if they would let him use it for THAT, well, it MUST be friendly...so I did a lot of online research and apparently it is fertility friendly and has no effect whatsoever on sperm. And it is a whole lot cheaper than Pre-seed!

Isn't it bizarre the things we are all willing to try when we are TTC? Even my DH is on board with canola oil. It makes me laugh...especially when I think that before October, if someone had told me to put canola oil down there, I would have thought they were CRAZY! But now I am running off to the grocery store! Hahaha....

Just out of sheer curiosity...I had a friend who had to do the progesterone suppositories, but I never thought to ask her why she needed them or how it was discovered she needed them. After she started those, she did end up having a baby girl. Now that I am TTC...is there anything that I should be looking for or be aware of? Can you tell by charting you may need progesterone? Just curious...

Usually people who have repeated miscarriages use progesterone to sustain pregnancy in the first trimester (some women miscarry because their bodies do not create enough progesterone fast enough). But progesterone can work the same in late pregnancy- you can take it to prevent preterm delivery.

Research progesterone creams- even some women with no history of miscarriage use them. It might be something you want to do?

Fam did you have your appt yet??? What did ya find out???

Nope its tomorrow.I will let you know.

And good luck at your appointment tomorrow! We'll be thinking about you!

Thanks but it's today!!Nervous as can be!!As far as the ticker you can click on it and make your own then just put the bb code in your signature in your user account.You can search there are many diff ones I just wanted a small one though.

Usually people who have repeated miscarriages use progesterone to sustain pregnancy in the first trimester (some women miscarry because their bodies do not create enough progesterone fast enough). But progesterone can work the same in late pregnancy- you can take it to prevent preterm delivery.

Research progesterone creams- even some women with no history of miscarriage use them. It might be something you want to do?

Tater you dr can do a cd 21 blood test and check your progestrone level which will also let you knw for sure if you ovulated. As far as me I just knew it was my progestrone I could litterally feel the pregnancy leave my body. Odd to say but that is how I knew.

Well ladies the HSG went great.I have 2 wide open tubes.So its safe to say I feel so much better knowing.I geared up for it to be painful but in my case it was not.It was exactly like a pap for me except I had to turn to both sides.

Congrats hun, what great news!! You will get your bfp in no time!! YAY!!

congrats famof6 on your hsg! That is exactly how mine feelt to. No pain just had to turn to each side. It feels good knowing they are open for sure doesnt it!

congrats famof6 on your hsg! That is exactly how mine feelt to. No pain just had to turn to each side. It feels good knowing they are open for sure doesnt it!

It does feel good.I am prolly the only person ever to cry watching dye flow thru my tubes.The nurses were all saying Congrats it was to funny.

Fam...I cried as well. It`s so cool that your open and ready to go. Some well timed bding and your good to go!!! GL hun!!

Fam that is great news! I have to admit I felt the same way. I was so elated to know the surgery really worked and now Ijust needed time and patients for the BFP! GOod luck hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->