TTC after D&C (Soon)

Ginger, have you looked into Hashimotos? I have symptoms of mainly hypo but it varies so much it's very hard to detect unless you have a good doctor. It's explained the hard time TTC, mc's, constant exhaustion, random weight gain then rapid weight loss then I gain it all back, etc. If someone with thyroid problems gets pregnant, it's best to go ASAP and get bloods checked to see if you need to be medicated.

I'm going to my GP's lab today to have my Free T3/T4 levels drawn, so I've only just started on this journey. Seems I have a lot of the same symptoms as you, except the rapid weight loss. SUPER easy (if not impossible NOT to) to gain weight, really difficult and slow to lose weight. Most times I can't lose weight, no matter how hard I try. But I am always pretty tired. Hard for me to function well on less than 8 hours of sleep. I prefer to get 10-ish, if I can. I'm also VERY forgetful.

Hypo would mean you would gain weight hyper is when you loose it so that would explain why you're not loosing weight. I think it's definitely worth a look. I had my thyroid checked a while ago due to unexplained weight gain fatigue etc but my levels were 1.57 which are normal. I think the mc just screwed me up I still can't loose the last 7 pounds I gained it's very frustrating.

Well still no AF, which means my lp is officially longer then any of my cycles since the d&c so thats something to celebrate.

Bright whats going on with you?

Kelly - I am ok. Temp went down some today so not sure what's going on. Will know in a couple of days if AF shows.

You're not alone with those symptoms girl! I can't wait to get it managed either. Hopefully they give you some revealing news!

Ok ladies I'm officially 30 today! I've got no grey hairs and no wrinkles and this! OMG!!!!! Best birthday gift ever.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 4
Omg omg! Yayyyy Kelly! Woo hoo! Best birthday gift ever! Congratulations mama :)

Mj I'm still in shock, I totally didn't even suspect until the night before I tested then I thought maybe I might be. This is just crazy, I"m thinking my husbands bad sperm have somehow improved for us to have conceived naturally twice so fast!

Congrats, Kelly! :happydance:

AFM, all my tests (thyroid AND lupus anticoagulant) came back normal. So now I'm back in limbo. Doc wants to put me on Clomid to try a pregnancy again. I don't know if we'll try one more time before seeing a RE or not. Will have to talk to hubs.

Ginger I'm sorry you don't have answers but not having lupus is awesome! I hope the clomid works and you get a super sticky baby!

Honestly, I was really hoping I would have the lupus anticoagulant syndrome, because then I would know I had a chance at a sticky baby! Right now, I'm too scared to try, because I feel like something is just not right. But our insurance is not going to cover the RE, so... I guess we might as well try again. I'll probably try to heavily distance myself from the pregnancy, though. I'm just going to assume it will fail. Hopefully that will keep it from hurting so bad if/when it all goes wrong.

Do you typically loose the pregnancies early? Have they looked into blood clotting issues? high NK cells or any of the basics? We paid out of pocket for our 2 fresh and one frozen ivf cycles it was expensive but at least our meds were 80% covered through our personal insurance.

I lost the first one at 8 weeks and the second one at 6 weeks.

I have so far tested negative for thyroid issues, lupus anticoagulant, and anticardiolipin antibodies. So I don't have antiphospholipid syndrome. So, negative for two different blood clotting disorders. Never been tested for NK cells. That's the sort of thing you go to a RE for.

Hubs and I decided we would try one more time before seeing a RE.

Well I hope third time is that charm and that it was just bad luck and nothing else.

I totally understand Ginger! Losses are beyond hard especially recurrent. I felt the same way after my 13 week loss. Maybe take some time to grieve before trying again? It's unfair that we're robbed of the joy of pregnancy. We're robbed of knowing that when you get a positive, there's a baby at the end of the road. But You can't let it beat you. I admit I'm pretty numb to it when I get pregnant but we have to keep our heads up cause those babies are worth loving and having for whatever amount of time they're given. :hugs:

It's been February since the last loss. I don't need more time to grieve. At this point I'm just angry at the world (and all the preggos that are like "Oh, I got a BFP on the first try and now I'm due any day, lalala miscarriages only happen to other people") :haha:

I'm never going to be more ready to try again than I am now. Only a successful pregnancy is going to start healing these wounds.

Thanks for listening to me vent, ladies! :hugs:

Gonna call my doctor today and ask for Clomid. (I can't ovulate without it.)

Ginger I totally agree that another pregnancy will help heal. When we lost Hannah at 5 months gestation my therapist thought I was nuts for wanting to get pregnant again right away. But I knew it would help. We had to go to the fertility clinic and the first cycle was a bust, a frozen one but then we did another fresh and got pregnant and I saw the light again. This wasn't till 6 months later but it did a lot to help. Yes there were not so great times and I worried every step of the way but I do not regret my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->