TTC after D&C (Soon)

https://www.goodlightscraps.com/content/thinkingofyou/thinking-of-you-8.gif

Hope it has worked and that you can move on Ginger :hug:

I learned that in addition to novocain and lots of other pain killers, vicodin doesn't work on me! I was in quite a lot of pain last night. At around 10:45, I got so exhausted that I went to bed, and got up every couple of hours to pass clots. None of the clots were big at all... And I never had that gush everybody says will happen, so I'm worried I haven't passed the sac and placenta. :(

I learned that in addition to novocain and lots of other pain killers, vicodin doesn't work on me! I was in quite a lot of pain last night. At around 10:45, I got so exhausted that I went to bed, and got up every couple of hours to pass clots. None of the clots were big at all... And I never had that gush everybody says will happen, so I'm worried I haven't passed the sac and placenta. :(

Yea I was on the toilet for an hour at the heaviest and changing pads every 20 minutes...the over night ones. I was 9 weeks though, the sac was the size of a lemon. You might need a 2nd dose or it could have broke down before it came out...maybe?

On the second ultrasound, the sac had gotten long and skinny, rather than round like it was a week earlier, and it was really drooping in the middle so that it almost looked like a figure 8. So I dunno if that means it was already starting to collapse or something? I've been told that at 6 weeks, the sac is only as big as a crushed grape, and I passed plenty of clots that size or slightly bigger. But I have had only period-type bleeding the whole time. I've only on my 3rd pad since I put the pills in last night. It's not been heavy bleeding at all. Just very very clotty.

6 weeks is still very small, i think it is just bigger than a apple seed if you look at the tickers. And considering that it as been 2 weeks since your scan it could definitely have broken down.

Will you have a follow up scan next week to confirm that you are cleared out? If not i would demand one as that is the only way to know for certain.

My heart goes out to you sooooo much girl, it feels like the other day i had those horrible cramps and cant imagine going through it at home.

I think he was going to do blood draws to make sure my hCG levels were going down. I don't know if he was going to do another scan or not. Pretty much all my cramping is gone now. My cervix just feels really tender.

I think he was going to do blood draws to make sure my hCG levels were going down. I don't know if he was going to do another scan or not. Pretty much all my cramping is gone now. My cervix just feels really tender.

Honestly I would ask for another scan just to be sure! My sac was much bigger so you may be all good! Hcg takes so long to come down naturally and you just want to be careful with retained tissue...

Hi everyone.
Ginger, my heart is breaking for you. I hope this works so that you can start again soon. Sending lots of prayers and big hugs your way! :hugs:

AF came a day late and got my hopes up then crushed them. Trying not to get too down. I'm ready for all this trying to be done. It's so hard to stay positive sometimes. March 4th seems like a pretty big day for y'all, I hope everyone gets wonderful news! :)

Hi everyone.
Ginger, my heart is breaking for you. I hope this works so that you can start again soon. Sending lots of prayers and big hugs your way! :hugs:

AF came a day late and got my hopes up then crushed them. Trying not to get too down. I'm ready for all this trying to be done. It's so hard to stay positive sometimes. March 4th seems like a pretty big day for y'all, I hope everyone gets wonderful news! :)

Best of luck on your next cycle!!

I have an appointment with my doctor on Wednesday, so we'll see what he says then. :thumbup:

Good luck on your next cycle, Niccole!

Good luck with your appointment ginger.

I am 8 weeks 2 days post d&c and still no period but have had some cramping off and on. I have a dr appointment on Thursday for another blood draw......how is everyone else??

Babylove- my MD told me to come in if no period by 8 weeks post d&c. If you don't already have an appt, I'd push for one now if I were you.

GP- you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish for good news for you soon.

I am 8 weeks 2 days post d&c and still no period but have had some cramping off and on. I have a dr appointment on Thursday for another blood draw......how is everyone else??

Sorry it is taking so long! It really depends on the doctor, my doctor said wait for 3 months before bringing a period on. I did acupuncture though and that brought it back at 11 weeks, mine was not coming as I had a tiny piece of placenta still attached and giving off pregnancy hormone...

I started acupuncture at about 8 weeks after the miscarriage...I too had cramping on and off and sometimes back labor.

WOW that is so long Baby, hope the cramping leads to AF and that you can start afresh!!!

Hows the rest of you girls doing?

Babylove- my MD told me to come in if no period by 8 weeks post d&c. If you don't already have an appt, I'd push for one now if I were you.

GP- you are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish for good news for you soon.

I have an appointment on Thursday so I think I will ask him then. Thank you!!

Ginger how you doing girl?

Doing well, thanks for asking. I went out yesterday for the first time since the MC, and I think I overworked myself a bit. Had some cramping and increased bleeding. I was supposed to go to the chiropractor today, but it iced and snowed last night, so I can't leave the house! Oh well. I will just have to do physical therapy on my own.

Sorry it is taking so long! It really depends on the doctor, my doctor said wait for 3 months before bringing a period on. I did acupuncture though and that brought it back at 11 weeks, mine was not coming as I had a tiny piece of placenta still attached and giving off pregnancy hormone...

I started acupuncture at about 8 weeks after the miscarriage...I too had cramping on and off and sometimes back labor.

WOW that is so long Baby, hope the cramping leads to AF and that you can start afresh!!!

3 months?? Wow that is crazy long---well I guess only another month at this point...I was told I had some retained tissue however a few weeks ago I bled lightly and clotty sorry TMI for 2 days and then nothing so Dr. said most likely that tissue was passed and makes sense because 2 weeks ago my HCG was 2 so I don't have any issue there. Still trying though because you never know.....:happydance:

Baby, I was also lucky that my hcg went down quickly, but i had AF like 5 weeks later, thank heavens.

Ginger, Its good to hear! Its good that you got out the house a bit just for other scenary, i know i couldnt just stay at home either jsut needed something to divert my attention.
Happy Belated Birthday!!!! Hope the days was as good as it could have been :hugs:

3 months?? Wow that is crazy long---well I guess only another month at this point...I was told I had some retained tissue however a few weeks ago I bled lightly and clotty sorry TMI for 2 days and then nothing so Dr. said most likely that tissue was passed and makes sense because 2 weeks ago my HCG was 2 so I don't have any issue there. Still trying though because you never know.....:happydance:

See no one believed me I had tissue inside me and mine was 2 too!! Doctor said IF he had known I probably would have had to have a D&C which I was trying to avoid so I guess it all works out in the end. My doctor said sadly it can take up to 3 months to cycle for some woman naturally and that was why he wanted to wait till then to prescribe me anything to start my cycle again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->