TTC after D&C (Soon)

GingerPanda I have said it over and over maternity in the US really has to step it up! I mean they leave so much to be desired. My friend is having unexplained fertility issues and they will diagnose her, BUT, will not cover IVF....I mean, really?!

I can't believe it costs 2K I am so sorry hun. I know not everyone has a great experience with it but the pills, cytotec, worked for me. Maybe that would cost less....

Uh. I am so sorry you have to worry about all this. I am happy to hear you are planning a vacation! My magical express information came in for Disney...can't believe it is like a month away now!

I completely agree with you!!

GingerPanda I have said it over and over maternity in the US really has to step it up! I mean they leave so much to be desired. My friend is having unexplained fertility issues and they will diagnose her, BUT, will not cover IVF....I mean, really?!

I can't believe it costs 2K I am so sorry hun. I know not everyone has a great experience with it but the pills, cytotec, worked for me. Maybe that would cost less....

Uh. I am so sorry you have to worry about all this. I am happy to hear you are planning a vacation! My magical express information came in for Disney...can't believe it is like a month away now!

Yeah it is the same here, we dont have ANY infertility benefits for IUI or IVF. Some of the meds they will cover and scans but if it says infertility they wont.

Wow a month away that is super exciting!!!!

Ginger - it is expensive, after insurance it was about $1500 out of pocket for us. Of course the hospital bill was about $20k including my ER stay but insurance covered $18500. I hope you have fun on your trip. Ireland is one of my favorite places, you'll enjoy it. I think time off is good too, this month not TTC has been really good for me. I think I've enjoyed this month a lot just by not having to analyze everything with TTC.

Castaway & Tella - I just realized I have my Dr appt on March 4th, Castaway has her u/s that day as well and Tella I'm going to be hoping you get your bfp that day too ;)

I cant believe it is so expensive for you guys. I luckily didnt have to pay anything in for that but that is all covered by my insurance! And holy cow that is expensive in $, im not sure how much mine was but if i guess and covert it directly it was in the region of $3000 including hospital and anesthetist

Yeah it is the same here, we dont have ANY infertility benefits for IUI or IVF. Some of the meds they will cover and scans but if it says infertility they wont.

Wow a month away that is super exciting!!!!

Ginger - it is expensive, after insurance it was about $1500 out of pocket for us. Of course the hospital bill was about $20k including my ER stay but insurance covered $18500. I hope you have fun on your trip. Ireland is one of my favorite places, you'll enjoy it. I think time off is good too, this month not TTC has been really good for me. I think I've enjoyed this month a lot just by not having to analyze everything with TTC.

Castaway & Tella - I just realized I have my Dr appt on March 4th, Castaway has her u/s that day as well and Tella I'm going to be hoping you get your bfp that day too ;)

I cant believe it is so expensive for you guys. I luckily didnt have to pay anything in for that but that is all covered by my insurance! And holy cow that is expensive in $, im not sure how much mine was but if i guess and covert it directly it was in the region of $3000 including hospital and anesthetist

Tella - it is super expensive and our insurance doesn't cover IUI or IVF either. How much does it cost you with your meds, u/s and hcg shots etc each month? We paid out of pocket for all the tests this past month which ran us about $750 total but I'm sure the meds cycle is going to be up there in price depending on what route the Dr thinks is best for us :sad2:

for a timed intercourse cycle like the last with extra scans and meds is around R3000 ($300) otherwise just a normal ti cycle was around R1500 ($150)

GP, I hope things get started soon. I'm in Canada, but I had to go to an abortion clinic for my d&c because the wait was less than the hospital. Perhaps that might be a cheaper alternative? I'll admit that it as VERY difficult sitting there with the women who were there for abortions though. Hugs.

for a timed intercourse cycle like the last with extra scans and meds is around R3000 ($300) otherwise just a normal ti cycle was around R1500 ($150)

Wow that's a really good price. I called today and it's looking like close to 1000 for 1 medicated cycle with meds, scans and iui :wacko:

GP, I hope things get started soon. I'm in Canada, but I had to go to an abortion clinic for my d&c because the wait was less than the hospital. Perhaps that might be a cheaper alternative? I'll admit that it as VERY difficult sitting there with the women who were there for abortions though. Hugs.

My husband would not go for that. (He totally believes in a woman's right to choose, but he doesn't want to actually go to one of these places. He has a mental disorder that makes it really hard for him to be in places associated with negative emotions.)

(Spoilered for possible controversial views? Don't want to start debates or anything.)
Also, around here, I'd be liable to be shot going to a clinic. These are some of crazy people who elected the even crazier people that want to outlaw abortion even if it would save the mother's life. (Because we can't kill the baby, so they'll just both have to suffer and die? WTF?)

Yeah but I suppose its not fair to d

Oops that was half a post :haha:

What i wanted to say is i suppose its not fair to directly convert as our income is much lower than yours. Ie average monthly income directly converted is R 15 - 20 000 ($1500 - 2000) so if you take it in perspective its not really that cheap.

WOW girl you very brave, i wont be able to do that. Unless you drag me in there unconscious. I took a cousin of mines girlfriend to one for a teen pregnancy and i ended up talking them out of it and they had the baby.

My husband would not go for that. (He totally believes in a woman's right to choose, but he doesn't want to actually go to one of these places. He has a mental disorder that makes it really hard for him to be in places associated with negative emotions.)

Oh yes i can imagine he wont be able to cope in a setting like that. And it is a very controversial subject but each person for their own on that. I think there is merits around it but should just be better controlled.

AFM > Been having EWCM with a tinge of blood since BD yesterday afternoon. Now i never get EWCM so why i would get it after O i have no clue. Otherwise just hanging out this TWW :lol:

GP, I didn't even THINK of that. But then I looked at what state you're in. SMH. Sorry hun.

Picking up a prescription for misoprostol today. The doctor wrote that the baby is already dead on the prescription in the hopes that the pharmacist wouldn't give me crap for having a script for a drug used for abortion. If the pharmacist says something to me, I am going to go berserk!

I'm putting it in myself today, and really hoping it works... Doc says if I don't miscarry by next Friday, I have no choice but to have the D&C... In which case, no vacation for us. :(

Hubs is going to be out of town for work all next week, so I really hope it happens this weekend! Even though that still sucks, because my birthday is Saturday! Can I just not win for losing or what? :dohh:

Picking up a prescription for misoprostol today. The doctor wrote that the baby is already dead on the prescription in the hopes that the pharmacist wouldn't give me crap for having a script for a drug used for abortion. If the pharmacist says something to me, I am going to go berserk!

I'm putting it in myself today, and really hoping it works... Doc says if I don't miscarry by next Friday, I have no choice but to have the D&C... In which case, no vacation for us. :(

Hubs is going to be out of town for work all next week, so I really hope it happens this weekend! Even though that still sucks, because my birthday is Saturday! Can I just not win for losing or what? :dohh:

Typing from my phone so hope this is readable...

I did mistoprol...have the pads ready...wet them a tiny bit and insert thrm as fAr up as possible in the. VaGina. Lay down for a minimum 3 hours. My labor pains kicked in between 4-5 hours after insertion. Everything passed between 12-16 hours. Some even take a dose of Advil when inserting the mistoprol to help with the cramping....I did a follow up scan 3 days later to ensure all clear....

So sorry GP...you are in my thoughts....

Thanks so much. :hugs:

My doc prescribed me vicodin for pain. So I should wet the misoprostol pills before putting them in?

Thanks so much. :hugs:

My doc prescribed me vicodin for pain. So I should wet the misoprostol pills before putting them in?

Yes just a drop it makes them work faster then it is a itty bitty pill put it on your finger and insert like tampon...I think I had 4 to insert so I did them in succession and laid down for 3 hours...also eat before as I was a bit queasy from not eating. Keep up with your fluids...

Hugs...I am here if you have questions...

I would take the pain meds, I just used Advil and was Ok though!

awww ginger, keeping you in my prayers also had to take them with my D&C. thinking about you! :hugs:

GP, big hugs! I hope everything works quickly so you get your vacation. I hope everything went well at the pharmacy.

Everything went well at the pharmacy. We had dinner about an hour ago, and pills went in a couple of minutes ago at 6. They feel warm, but that's all so far. Thanks for the well-wishes, everybody!

Everything went well at the pharmacy. We had dinner about an hour ago, and pills went in a couple of minutes ago at 6. They feel warm, but that's all so far. Thanks for the well-wishes, everybody!

Thinking of you! Take care.....

You are in my thoughts. So sorry you are going through that. Hope all is ok. Praying for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->