TTC After Depo Shot

My depo ran out in October 2009 and I've been TTC since then. At first I had no AF then AFs were really irregular then I had AF for 19 days!! in January 2010 which stopped when the doc prescribed me a 10 day course of norethisterone. I then had what I can describe as a normal AF on February 8th 2010 lasting 5 days and was exactly like how they were before depo. Hopefully this is a good sign. Fingers crossed that when I test on March 8th 2010 I get my BFP. I will probably test leading upto then as I want my BFP so bad! I can't wait any longer. Especially when my best friend is 12 weeks pregnant tommorow and her scan is the day my AF is due. She got pregnant the month she started trying, which was after me!
FINGERS CROSSED for my STICKY BEAN and MR STORKY. Please come visit me!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone and welcome mzcurvyuk,
to recap, I have two daughters. After my first (8yrs old now) was born (in the UK) I went on depo I must admit I loved it, no AF and I had no problems with losing weight or headaches or any of the other bad side effects some girls have. For some reason after my second injection - when I went back for my third - the dr said that there was a shortage or something and put me on the pill. I then moved back to Oz where depo isn't really that popular so just stayed on the pill until I wanted to ttc my second daughter, which I did no problems on my first cycle off the pill (she's 4yrs old now) after I had her I tried implanon - which sent me loopy and I had constant spotting so I had them remove it and asked for depo (big mistake!) My husband and I split up about three years ago and I met my now husband and we got married in May last year (about a week after my last shot of depo was supposed to wear off). I had my first AF in Jan this year, they have been very irregular since then, between 12 and 24 day cycles, and I haven't ovulated yet (been doing opk's almost every day for almost three months).

My hubby was pretty laid back at first saying it will happen when it happens, but he's starting to get a little worried - He's 40 and I'm 34 so we're on a bit of a time line here and have decided if it doesn't happen by the end of this year we are going to be happy with our two girls (they live with us 95% of the time).

I'm hoping that we get a BFP by our first anniversary but I'm not particularly optimistic. I have just started seeing a really good dr though who's doing lots of blood tests and is going to do ovulation testing at CD21 this cycle - she says we'll give my body two more months to sort itself out, and so she can monitor me before starting any kind of treatment - she wants to make sure the depo is out of my system before adding more hormones to the mix!

Wow I'm rambling today!!

Good luck for the 8th GB and :dust::dust::dust::dust: to everyone :flower:

Hi everyone and welcome mzcurvyuk,
to recap, I have two daughters. After my first (8yrs old now) was born (in the UK) I went on depo I must admit I loved it, no AF and I had no problems with losing weight or headaches or any of the other bad side effects some girls have. For some reason after my second injection - when I went back for my third - the dr said that there was a shortage or something and put me on the pill. I then moved back to Oz where depo isn't really that popular so just stayed on the pill until I wanted to ttc my second daughter, which I did no problems on my first cycle off the pill (she's 4yrs old now) after I had her I tried implanon - which sent me loopy and I had constant spotting so I had them remove it and asked for depo (big mistake!) My husband and I split up about three years ago and I met my now husband and we got married in May last year (about a week after my last shot of depo was supposed to wear off). I had my first AF in Jan this year, they have been very irregular since then, between 12 and 24 day cycles, and I haven't ovulated yet (been doing opk's almost every day for almost three months).

My hubby was pretty laid back at first saying it will happen when it happens, but he's starting to get a little worried - He's 40 and I'm 34 so we're on a bit of a time line here and have decided if it doesn't happen by the end of this year we are going to be happy with our two girls (they live with us 95% of the time).

I'm hoping that we get a BFP by our first anniversary but I'm not particularly optimistic. I have just started seeing a really good dr though who's doing lots of blood tests and is going to do ovulation testing at CD21 this cycle - she says we'll give my body two more months to sort itself out, and so she can monitor me before starting any kind of treatment - she wants to make sure the depo is out of my system before adding more hormones to the mix!

Wow I'm rambling today!!

Good luck for the 8th GB and :dust::dust::dust::dust: to everyone :flower:

Hi,

reading your history if i were you i would go back on the pill again which should regulate your cycles, if still no luck try clomid which will stimulate your ovaries and induce ovulation.

Gud luck xxx

Hi Ladies,

Please keep your fingers crossed for me, I hope within the next few days i will be posting a BFP on here. I am 1 day late so far and suffering from back and tummy ache, I really hope this is my month!

How is everyone getting on have we had any BFP's recently?????

XXXXX

:dust::dust::dust::dust:
Good luck Amy, fingers and everything else crossed for you - we would love to see a BFP!!!!!

Hey there ladies

Hope all is well

Can anyone take a look at my chart please. Im so confused

Hi Ladies AF got me again this month :( so i am back on the CLOMID again. I can't believe what DEPO has done to me I am so unhappy at the moment there is so much pregnancy around and everyone i know seems to have children, when is it going to be my turn????

Praying for my BFP this month baby dust to all xxxxx

Oh Amy - so sorry that AF got you - I am the same I have about 8 friends who are pregnant at the moment (none of whom had even heard of depo lucky sods) I am truly happy for each and every one of them but it is so hard every time it doesn't happen for me. Big :hugs: for you I hope this is your month and the clomid does the trick.

Kayleighlou I'm so sorry I know absolutely nothing about charting so can't help you at all - it does seem like it's not following a pattern but I have no idea what it means.

AFM - Got my blood tests back - dr seems really happy with them all and says my hormone levels are normal so (theoretically) I am no longer affected by depo. If no joy by end of May we will start clomid or something... I'm trying to stay positive I know the waiting is hard but once it happens I know all the stress of these last ten months will be a vague memory lost in the joy and excitement (probably why no one ends up sueing the depo makers because it takes so long and once you do get utd you forget the stress and constant disppointment of the time that it affected you).

Keep your chins up everyone - this is our time early 2011 babies for us all

I'm at the other end now AF for two and a half weeks out of four and spotting on at least three or four of the off days :shrug:

I have been of depo now since november 2008, been having periods since April 2009. I am worried about what it has done to me.:wacko:

:wave:Hi Honeybee,
Welcome to our little group hope you get your bfp soon, we're all at different stages of getting the depo out of our systems and hoping for bfps, at this stage I'd be almost excited if anyone here got one as I would be for myself ... almost :winkwink:

Welcome HoneyBee

:witch: got me AGAIN

8 Months of blank tests. Im so Angry right now.

This cycle was 38 days. Theyre getting longer!!!!

Hello Ladies,

It's been a while since i've been in here! Well i choose to come back on the TTC boat and start sailing again lol. I was on a break for a while, so i said let me get back on since I'm seeing a RE now.

Hey all! I've posted here a few times, I was on depo for a year from May 2007 to May 2008. I then went on the pill (ortho tri cyclen lo) for four months before starting TTC.

Well, it took 17 months, but I finally got a BFP! It's super early but I'm praying it sticks!

The evil depo messed my hormones very badly, I only ovulated every few months, but if I got a bfp all of you can too!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

:happydance: Congratulations :happydance:

I love it when people from this thread get their :bfp:

Its a lil more exciting for them :hugs::hugs:

Healthy and happy nine months :flower:

Still red, more than spotting but i would not say enough to class as light IDK lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->