TTC After Depo Shot

Hey all! I've posted here a few times, I was on depo for a year from May 2007 to May 2008. I then went on the pill (ortho tri cyclen lo) for four months before starting TTC.

Well, it took 17 months, but I finally got a BFP! It's super early but I'm praying it sticks!

The evil depo messed my hormones very badly, I only ovulated every few months, but if I got a bfp all of you can too!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Congratulations, I hope your pregnancy goes well. :)

Im fairly new to these forums as you can see by my posts, and im really glad i came across this thread .... now what im about to tell you all please dont get alarmed i have read most of the thread but it was very long so skipped quite a few posts but i do get what your all going on about. From what i can gather everyone reacts and has differnt time scales to get back to normal and i feel im a VERY rare case.

I had the depo injection after my son was born he was my second child and planned by me not my now x husband lol i had the coil removed and fell very easily but as i didnt like the coil and always forgot to take my pills doc suggested the depo i had them every 3 months and only had 3 ( 9 months worth ) i stopped the injection after reading stories on the internet that they can make you infetile. I never took ANY other form of contaception after the depo and i have NEVER fell pregnant even when i wasnt trying my periods have never really been right since i would go for months without one thinking i was pregnant every other month i got to the stage were i actualy wanted a baby.

This is were it gets alarming i have NEVER taken any form of contraception after depo for 16+ years and i am still not pregnant been trying now on and off for that many years

depo really screws u up and i agree totaly it should be banned.

Im now 40 years old and time is not on my side my periods are still irregular and i have been to docs and he says im still overlating but im not so sure i have re married now and my OH is 26 hes never had children and me and him would love to have our own child although he constantly says to me he would rather have me than a child it still makes me very sad

Hey there,

Sorry you have had to wait so long for that :bfp: Have you only had ovulation tests? I mean 16 years and only one test. Id be bugging that doctors. Sounds like there could be an under lying reason.

I tried with a previous partner b4 depo and i didnt get pregnant for two years. My docs said that some people just dont gel well.

I met my now husband and was pregnant within a month!!!

Im not saying this could be your situation but i defo get onto the docs to find out a cause and maybe get out on clomid to help you out. The fact that you are still irregular from depo should raise enough alarms with the doctors to do something!

Fingers crossed you get that MUCH WANTED AD DESERVED (after 16yrs!!!) :bfp:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies :flower:
I had my last depo in april last year and it wore off in august, since then no af untill jan 26 when i had 3days of light bleeding then a proper af on 5march for 5 days. Last week on CD28 i started having pink CM, only a small amount on and off for a few days. Went to docs, she said it might be the evil depo coming out of my system but she wasnt really sure. Have any of you ladies had anything like this? Im getting really worried :cry:
:hugs: to you all
chrissie xx

Aaaah Hey Ladies!!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I have been gone for so long i just needed a break. I was getting too obessed and stressing over TTC that i just had to step away.

As you can see nothing has happened yet for me. As soon as I thought i was getting back to normal last cycle was anovulatory! GRRRRR im just so tired of this.

How is everyone doing???? I missed you guys

Hi Jax welcome back we've missed you :hugs:

Not much has changed here I am coming up to 11 months since depo was supposed to wear off - AF came back in January - I got very excited thinking everything was going to be ok but no sign of ovulation yet and I've gone from no AF to bleeding nearly every day - I'm getting about three or four days off a month - it gets lighter and heavier but doesn't seem to stop - went back to my gp who did a full work up including smear test (took three attempts as I had to keep re-booking because it can't be done while bleeding) and it has come back "low grade pre cancerous" so now I have to go to a gyno for a colposcopy (sp?) and have been told we have to stop ttc until that's been done Aaaaarrgghh ](*,) The dr tells me the "inter menstrual" bleeding could be related to the pre cancerous cells and not to do with the depo so I have no idea what's going on...

Sorry for the self indulgent rant - pinkycat I wanted to say I have had similar irregular bleeding but went off on a bit of tangent - I will let you know what the gyno has to say, my appointment is for the end of the month

JAXVIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Ive missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well nothing here either! :shrug: So annoyed right now!! But hey never mind. Taking pregnacare and charting but thats all. Charts dont look like anythings happening to be honest :dohh:

Unic: I have a CIN2 smear result, which i think it classed a moderate changes to the cervix area. Or 2/3 of abnormal cells. I had a colposcopy and those results showed the same. I was told to go back for a check up smear 6months later. Which i did on Tuesday. I asked my nurse if i had to stop TTC. She said that if i waited until my results would be clear through treatment i could be waiting years. SOO i could carry on TTC and theyd do treatment after i had the baby (if i ever fall pg!!!). So hopefully once youve had you colposcopy you'll be back to TTC regardless of the result :hugs::hugs:

Jax, what is anovulatory? Good to have you back! :hugs::hugs:

Jax, what is anovulatory? Good to have you back! :hugs::hugs:
well, I'm not Jaxvipe, but anovulatory means a cycle without ovulation. Here is one of my temp charts that was anovulatory (about a year and a half after my last depo shot wore off).

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7
I'm so sorry to hear that Unic, hopefully everything will work itself out. :hugs: :hugs:

Not much has changed for me just trying to not think about TTCing as much because then i get all depressed and stressed out.

Congrats somedaymama!! :hugs:

Unic21 - My gp did a smear aswell (was due 1 anyway) cos of the bleeding and mine came back normal but she said if the bleeding happens again i still need a coloscopy (sp) Im sorry your going through this aswell :hugs:

well af got me this morning so here goes another month for me :shrug:

chrissie xx

Im out girls :cry:

Just been told i have severe dyskaryosis. Hosp wants me in within two weeks for a colposcopy and treatment.

Hope to be back soon :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: im so sorry honey. :hugs:

Keep us updated so we know how you are doin

So sorry Kayleigh:hugs: hope everything goes well and you can get back to ttc as soon as. My Colposcopy is Thursday - nervous but hoping it offers some answers to what's happening - DH is having his swimmers tested this week as well - sure it's not a problem with him (there is no sign that I have ovulated since going off depo yet) but might as well have our bases covered for when (if) my body decides to sort itself out.

Thinking of you Kayleigh - and I'm with Jax, make sure you keep us updated!

Hey...Sorry to just bash in.

My Depo's only just ran out on the 5th April. I've been spot bleeding nearly everyday from about 4 weeks after getting the jab. I'd love to try for a baby but would love even more for AF to just go back to normal so i know where i'm at.

I have an appointment at the family planing on the 21st of May to discuss going on a BCP - I'm considering just taking them for a month to try and regulate AF. Has anyone else tried this? (I read through some of the thread so could have missed if someone has.)

Luck to you all...

omg!! from todays temp FF says i have Ov'd day before ov and around we bd thinking i would not lol and i would be 4DPO today :wacko:

Lesley - sounds promising - when will you test?????????
Mrs Neg - I tried a couple of months bcp (October and December last year) it didn't seem to help me this time but my last pregnancy happened after a year on depo then nearly two years on bcp (first cycle off bcp I conceived) so I don't know if the bcp helped or if it had just worked it's way out of my system by then. I've decided to stop adding any more chemicals to my body to try and let it work itself out naturally (I am taking vitex and a liver cleansing supplement as apparently that will help clear the depo because it's fat soluble). BCP does seem to help some people so it's worth giving it a go!

Hey ladies =)

Well my temps are looking so great! I haven't had this high temp post o since i started temping! Im so happy, i think this finally means my body is almost normal again! Fx'd this month is the month.

How is everyone else doin?

Hi ladies, just adding my two bits about that wretched shot. (My Gynecologist even asked me if I was so much as still speaking to the friend who recommended it to me)

I went on it in 2004, and started having disgusting light old blood spotting (sorry, TMI!) every.single.day. I complained to my doctor at the time and he said it was normal and should stop by the next shot. It didn't. I got more and more depressed and felt so gross. I ended up having that spotting for 10 months straight!! I trusted my doctor but I couldn't take it anymore despite his reassurances.

The other thing is, he told me before my first one, that it's recorded as normal that some women experience trouble conceiving for two years following Depo. He also said up to five years of infertility following Depo was on record. I was 20 and okay with a two year wait after as kids were not on the list for just yet. My 5 year mark for the end of my last shot is this month. I was on other BCP in between then and October 2008 when I stopped taking any kind of contraceptive. We then used non-latex (I'm allergic) condoms until Feb 2009. I haven't had a single BFP despite perfect timing, no shortage of EWCM, OPK and BBT indicating I ovulate, and even my blood tests show all my hormones are fine. (Though I'm suspicious of my Progesterone as it's within the normal ranges but the low side of it) Hubby's SA was normal too. I'm hoping to goodness it was just how stressful last year was, but it could have been the Depo.

Just sharing my experience with it, and yes, it should totally be banned.

Hope you all turn out lucky like Wendino! Fingers crossed for lots of after Depo BFP's asap!

I have an appointment at the family planing on the 21st of May to discuss going on a BCP - I'm considering just taking them for a month to try and regulate AF. Has anyone else tried this? (I read through some of the thread so could have missed if someone has.)
I went on BCP immediately after coming off of depo. I went on them for contraception, I just knew I needed to get off the depo if I wanted a baby anytime soon. I was on the pill for about 5 months before stopping. After coming off of the pill, I got my periods back right away whereas some people have to wait a long time after depo. I'm not sure if that is because of the BCP or not. My cycles were irregular after they began, though.

Personally, I'd wait until you see if you get AF on your own. I don't think the added hormones are a good idea if you don't need them. If your periods will regulate on their own, you'll be in better shape I think.

:dust:

Lesley - sounds promising - when will you test?????????
Mrs Neg - I tried a couple of months bcp (October and December last year) it didn't seem to help me this time but my last pregnancy happened after a year on depo then nearly two years on bcp (first cycle off bcp I conceived) so I don't know if the bcp helped or if it had just worked it's way out of my system by then. I've decided to stop adding any more chemicals to my body to try and let it work itself out naturally (I am taking vitex and a liver cleansing supplement as apparently that will help clear the depo because it's fat soluble). BCP does seem to help some people so it's worth giving it a go!

well im ment to be going to a friends 30th on saturday so thinking i will buy a "early" test and test saturday morning although its its BFN i no ill end up testing again lol :dohh:

Temp is staying above my line still.. after Ov when would a temp normally drop? :flower:

Also baking cakes for my mums birthday for tomorrow lol 3 tier choc sponge cake lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->