TTC After Depo stories...any luck..advice?

Yes, I have been taking them since 3 weeks before my shot "wore off". And one week after I started taking then, BAM! A period. 7 days, light but brown with some red towards the end.

Good that you are taking them. I am glad AF came for you before wearing off. No signs of AF on my part. My last shot was April2 2015. I had spotted twice for less than 2 hours on 2 different days.

Last Saturday, I had a dream that I was carrying a baby girl. The same day,my mom had a dream that she was taking my baby to the pediatrician appointment and my dad dream that I was pregnant. Crazy thing that the 3 of us were having baby dreams. Eventually it will happened, but I will be over the moon when that comes true.

I'm sorry to hear that girl, this poison is the absolute worst. I believe that it should only be used if that women does not want children and it knows every single side effect before she chooses this bc. I'm hoping you get AF back extremly soon! Have you tried anything like vitex? I have an entire list of things I've foumd that can help bring back and regulate AF. How long were you on the shot for?

That would be so awesome if you had your little bundle of joy, I bet you its right around the corner! It will happen before you know it! I am still scared that this AF was a fluke, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you though! All three of you to dream that has got to be a sign that you will conceive very soon! Are you doing opks or temping?

I only had 3 depo shots. Well, I was thinking to use Vitex, but I read a lot of side effects. I searched a lot online and found that what we had is called:
Secondary Amenorrhea = It is when a woman who has been having normal menstrual cycles stops getting her periods for 6 months or longer.
Causes = Women who take birth control pills or who receive hormone shots such as Depo-Provera may not have any monthly bleeding. When they stop taking these hormones, their periods may not return for more than 6 months.
Symptoms = In addition to having no menstrual periods, other symptoms can include:
• Breast size changes
• Weight gain or weight loss
• Discharge from the breast or change in breast size
• Acne and increased hair growth in a male pattern
• Vaginal dryness
• Voice changes
• Headaches
Note: Call your doctor if you have missed more than three consecutive periods, or if any of your symptoms become severe.

Well after reading that I went to see my doctor on Monday because I was having 5 of the symptoms and was gaining weight even with doing diet. I gained 10 pounds in 4 weeks and I was concerned about my health. I told the doctor to give something to get my period back and she prescribed me birth control pills to see if my period start. Will see if I get my period back within 2 weeks. She told me that I was having the secondary amenorrhea due to the depo. Also that my hormones were out of balance and that is why I was having all of the symptoms.

That's insane! It makes me wonder why my doctor didn't notice anythjng when I was telling him all my symptoms while I was on it. While on it I had vaginal dryness, weight gain, migranes, lack of sex drive, hair falling out, constantly tired and ache. I'm hoping it will all go Away once my body starts to go back to normal. I hope the bcp will help you out, I've heard good and bad things. It's so hard to tell what anything will do but I'm hoping this will help you out! Did you have any side effects while on it or just after?

While on it I had dizziness, headache, my nipples where tender and nausea. No lack of sex and no dryness. Once I was out of it, then I started to feel breast tenderness, bad AF cramps, stomach movement(similar like a pregnant movement), headaches, weight gain, dizziness, breast size increase, fatigue and tiredness.

The problem with me is that I have high blood pressure and hypo thyroid problems. Both are under control with medications. Also have iron deficient that is causing an anemia that is still bothering me. I hope that with the prenatal that I am taking it will get better soon. That is why I decided to take the bcp to get my AF back because my thyroid can be affected by it too. I hope AF show up.

Nicole_93 What good and bad things you heard about bcp?

I always had heavier periods and always had pretty bad cramps and back pain. Never had breast tenderness with AF. It will not make any difference if is come that way because I am already adjust to it. Regardless, I will be so happy to see it because my last period since I started the depo shot was on Nov of 2014. During my second shot I light spotted for 1.5 month and nothing from my third shot.

Oh man you are Sooo lucky to not have experienced lack of sex drive and being dry. I'm 22, I should not be dry and my sex drive should be through the roof at this age. Yet, I didn't want to be touched and when we did have sex, it hurt so bad because I was dry therefore I wasn't enjoying it. It was awful! I felt like less of a women to be honest.

I think for you it could be a good thing to take bcp, and really there's no reason not to try it at this point. I've just heard some women taking them and it delaying them more, or just causing a fake period for only the months they'd take them. So really, not harming them but not helping either. It never hurts to try. Are you taking them now?

Hi girls :)
Claire, how exciting! I'm glad you went to get checked out and all is well! I hope little man waits for you then you can get your c section if that's what you want : )
Latin, have you started the bcp? I hope it works for you, no harm in trying : )
Nicole, I'd deffo download an app and track any bleeding or periods you have! It helps further down the line to look back : )
Symtoms where awful I also had very lack of sex drive while on the depo! Now my cm is back Iv realised how dry I was too! Similar to you I'm 24, I shouldn't have these issues. I never wanted sex! I'd make excuses that I was tired or had a headache was one of my favourites! I also felt the tummy movements when I came of the depo, felt exactly like when I was pregnant with my son, so real. I gained weight, had bad acne, list is endless.
I'm feeling pretty relaxed this 2ww. I tested today, far too early but I needed to get it out my system haha bfn ofcourse as expected I'm 5-6 dpo. I have no symptoms either, I have bad thrush though! I took a couple of antibiotics on Saturday and since Sunday Iv had thrush! I usually only get it atleast 5 days after taking them. I'm only using cream though not the pessary just incase but it isn't budging! Lol.

I'm definatly going to start tracking my cycles and cm. I can't temp since I NEVER wake up at the same time each day. I just never thought I would be so lucky to have started out with a real period so soon (or atleast I'm hoping). I didn't have that problem the first year I was on it and boom, no desire. Those were my favorite excuses too! He was finally like you are always tired or have a headache! I hated it and when I finally found out what was causing it all, I showed him and he said "wow, it all makes sense now! I knew it wasn't you're fault" I always blamed myself for, sometimes cry because I thought I wasn't able to satisfy my man. It was awful, but now our sex life has been getting back on traxk and I couldn't be happier!

I'm glad you're more relaxed this tkme around, so many women say that they fall when they don't think about it as much or try as hard. Fingers are tightly crossed for month 15? Right? That's still a little early to tell or have symptoms so you never know :) I'm hoping to see the bfp in 5 or so days!

Hi ladies! I'm new to the site and in need of some advice (plus good stories after coming off the depo shot)! Was on the shot for 3 years(ish) and just got married in September. The hubs and I decided we wanted to start trying (or not trying not preventing) right away. I was supposed to go for my last shot on September 30th, but didn't go. Since this past Sunday, I've been nauseous, my breasts are sore and the hubs says they're bigger, my back has been aching and I'm exhausted. I took a pregnancy test last night but with no luck. I'm anxious about it all! Especially after reading all the horror stories of the shot! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) thanks!

Hello baby; welcome to our thread! What I believe you are going through if the withdrawl symptoms. Now, don't get me wrong. Many women successfully fall preganant afterwards but witg the negative tests, it's pfobsbly just the shot coming out of your system and your hormones trying to balance out. Unfortunately, it mimics pregnancy symptoms and it can be awful to go through them, especially when you want go become pregnant.

Yours and I shot wear off date is exactly one month apart, mines in October. Have you had AF yet?

Ladies, quick question for you. Did anyone here experience constantly having to go? I woke up having to pee literally 3 times last night while I was asleep. Then, since I finally just decided to stay awake, I've been going every 15 minutes. I have increased my water intake, but not by much. I'm a drinker, I drink my calories rather than eat them so I am used to large quantities of liquid. But this is just killing me!

I have been taking the bcp since Monday. Before I was feeling very tired, fatigue, breast tenderness, bloated and always hungry even after eating and a lot of cravings. I am on day 4 of 10 pills and already I am feeling a huge change in my body. My level of energy is super high (feels like I can run a marathon), going to pee more often, no craving feelings, less bloated and more alert. I think I was gaining a lot of water weight because now that I going to pee more often I noticed that my feet are less swallow and my weight went down 2 pounds less. So far the bcp are helping me to balance my hormones.

Nicole_93 My guess is that your hormones is getting back to normal and your system is in detox mode. You probably notice pee more and maybe more bowel movement. Are you doing any diet or detox plan?

Might take a pregnancy test in a few days.
We are moved into our new place and ever since we've moved in ive noticed i cant stay awake much past 10pm. I am exhausted during the day for the past week but i wasnt like that before. I wake up at 6am every morning (for no reason, it just feels like something is telling me to be awake) when i set my alarm to get up at 8AM. I have an increased appetite when usually i can go the whole day with only eating 1 meal. My nipples have been tender and sensitive the past week or so as well. Also havent gotten any signs of my period yet although my app doesnt predict it till the 9th, I usually get cramping and spotting by now.
I think i O'd either the 24th or 25th.

Ive also been having pregnancy dreams again but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Fiance says my breasts look alot fuller (he loves to point that out) and waking up super horny which is not regular for me at all.

Latin;
I am Sooo glad that you are feeling better! I think they might just do the trick for you! I understand what you mean, since I've started taking vitamins daily, I feel sooo much better. More energy and like my body is becoming healthier. I never been one to take them so it's good to start now. I am thinking that's why I am going so much, too. I am not currently doing s detox of any sort. I am drinking a good amount of water and taking my prenatals. So maybe my body is just detoxing quickly on its own? I am also having this urge to eat tons. Like I said before, I could and would go like an entire day or two without eating or being hungry. Now. It's like food is the first thing my body wants the moment I open my eyes. I have never been like this in my life so I find it very odd. And yes, I would maybe have a bm once a week if that? Now, I'm going every day, if not twice a day! I can feel my body changing, it's so weird and kind of cool, too!

Raine; I would definatly take a test! I mean it truly couldn't hurt. Maybe you'd get upset, but if you all having all of those symptoms it could deff be your bfp!!! I am also experiencing every single thing you described, but I am also only about 2 weeks off the shot so I'm assuming it's just it leaving my body. How long have you been off the poison now? It could be very very possible! Fingers and toes crossed! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->