TTC after implanon removal

Hi I had my implant out on the 9th Nov, had spotting a couple of days later but apart from lots of symptoms nothing else. Did a test after 4 weeks which was BFN but didn't expect anything else. Then saturday just gone I had a couple of days spotting again all gone by Monday. I'm now 5 weeks and two days after removal and not a real AF in sight. Gonna wait til xmas eve or just after and test again in AF doesn't show but don't hold out much hope as we don't seem to have that sort of luck. Even if we helping the odds by Bd everyday nearly.
Good luck
:dust::dust::dust:

My story has not been a succcess so far! Had my implant out In May 09 been TTC ever since. I have been charting and opk tests but no luck for me yet. Its lovely to read these stories though :)

hi i had my implant out in march this year, i have been trying since then but to know success, my periods are still a little not settlesd just as i think they are ok they go messed up again. i had my implant in for a year, injection for 8 years and pill for 3 years. good look to everyone :dust:

Hi there, I had my implant out on the 2nd, AF on the 4th and currently ttc. I'm so tempted to get some OPK sticks even though dh isn't keen ( his magic spermstick is apparently superior to all other mankind and needs take no heed from such mortal things as ovulation) and just not mention it, incase it takes the fun out of it for him. I hope you get a BFP soon (along with me of course lol.) :)

I had my implanon out in september no success so far, only remaining weight gain and long cycles blahhhhh

Hi, thought I'd gatecrash as when I was TTC after Implanon I couldn't find enough posts to give me an idea what was happening! My story is a good one, so sending lots of positive vibes to you all!!!

1. Implanon in without a break since 2001. NO AF at all the whole time, no side affects, nada
2. Removed 8th Sept 2009
3. No AF after removal, started to get paranoid!
4. Started to get really sore boobies towards end of October and gut feeling something was different
5. :bfp: 24th October 2009!!!
6. 25/11/2009 saw cashew nut for the 1st time all looking super duper, EDD 4th July

So I've not had AF for over 8 years, very weird! I was so worried after removal, but it's quite evident that it's really down to the individual how quickly cycles come back, or not in my case! It also helped that I had a really good GP, I went to see him the week before I got my :bfp: to have a chat about where my periods had gone to and he sent me for blood tests to check my hormone levels, even though it had only been about 6 weeks after removal. He was very understanding and didn't fob me off. He was as surprised as I was that we were in fact pregnant!

Good luck, sorry for the long post! Sending you lots and lots of baby dust :dust::dust:

Oh and P.S. I was using OPK's and I didn't get a single positive on one until I was actually pg. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or what but I used them as per instructions and every day, but I obviously ovulated!

Great to hear that it gives us all some hope.
Congratulations and Good Luck to all those TTC

Hi ladies, update from me...i still havent had a positive on an OPK, however was feeling sick this morning so poas just on the off chance as I had a hpt lying around...wasnt really hopefull or expecting much as I didnt think I had ov yet...however I got my :bfp:

Had implant out on 30th Sept
first :af: on 7th Oct
second :af: on 19th Nov
:bfp: on 19th Dec!!

So not taken me long at all, just glad we BD even though had no positive OPK!!

Good luck to u all xx

Oh and P.S. I was using OPK's and I didn't get a single positive on one until I was actually pg. I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong or what but I used them as per instructions and every day, but I obviously ovulated!

can an opk actually show a pos and it mean your pg as oppsed to ovulating???

Hi
More than six weeks since my removal and I finally got a positive on an OPK test, Hopefully things are returning to normal. Time to BD lots.

Hey everyone! I am so happy for all of you that are getting BFPs!! It's exciting, and encouraging to all of us still waiting!

I thought I would let everyone know that I had two positive OPK's a little over a week and a half ago! :) So naturally, we BD around that time. We basically did it every other day. About three days ago, I started getting kind of crampy, which is odd for me because I never get cramps before I get AF, and rarely get them while I'm on it. I have been EXTREMELY tired and wanting to eat chocolate-haha! My breasts started to hurt a day and a half ago, which is normal for me before my period. BUT they don't have quite the same pain as they normally do. They hurt more on the sides towards my armpits, and my nipples are extremely sensitive. On top of all that, I have been very hot with a low-grade fever, right at about 98.9-99.0 each day. I took a HPT this morning, but it was negative. BUT if I really did ovulate when the tests said I did, then techinally, I wouldn't even be due until Christmas Day. Wouldn't that be a great gift?? :) Either way, something is happening to me, whether I'm pregnant or just going to get one heck of a period. I'm happy because my body is starting to get back on track. Let's hope Santa thought I was good this year, though! Happy Holidays to you all!

Yesterday I posted that I got my first positve opk result, well today i woke with a funny taste in my mouth and have been feeling a bit icky. So I did a test I had lying around, could of hit the floor when it came up :bfp:. What a suprise as I haven't even had an AF yet. Gonna test again in couple of days to confirm, but what a xmas present.
Just keeping fingers crossed that everything goes ok now.
Good Luck to everyone else trying. x

That is GREAT NEWS!! I am so happy for you!! I haven't really had any icky taste in my mouth, but I certainly have everything else! Congrats! What a great Christmas gift:)

Me again. Still waiting to take that test! I took one today at work while I was bored-ha. But it left me with nothing! I think I'm still too early though. Just needed to vent!

How is everyone doing? Anyone get a BFP over Christmas? I'm still waiting. No AF, negative tests :( Many symptoms. The breasts are the things that are killing me. VERY big and sore, dark aerolas, and crazy veins. I have a doctor appt next Thursday. I'm becoming impatient and frustrated.

Hey everyone! Just thought I would inform you that last night, I started spotting, and it was just a bit heavier this morning. So looks like the witch showed. Even though I didn't think there was a chance of being pregnant, I was still sad! So far, it hasn't been like a "normal" period for me. It's just really light. Did anyone else have this the first time after Implanon was removed? Also, my breasts still hurt, and they usually stop hurting when AF comes. Oh well. Maybe next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->