TTC after implanon removal

although i have been watching it for a while. I had my implanon removed on the 18th of march 2010. i have been trying like crazy to be the girl who has a bfp before af. I still have had no af, but i know because of discharge (tmi, sorry) that I ovulated about 7-10 days ago. I have received a faint very thin line positive test today from ebt.. am i pregnant? i am so crazy wondering.. to late to test again.. did anybody elce ever receive a test like this? were they pregnant? i am so afraid that I am having problems.. sore breasts.. i feel like i will vomit, but dont... i have never had sore breasts if i was not pregnant... but dont know if it is just a result of the implanon... someone please help.. cant sleep... fiancea does not want me to test for a week.. i dont know if i can make it that long!!!:wacko:

going to have implanon removed this week..fingers crossed for me as it has not been in long at all!!!

although i have been watching it for a while. I had my implanon removed on the 18th of march 2010. i have been trying like crazy to be the girl who has a bfp before af. I still have had no af, but i know because of discharge (tmi, sorry) that I ovulated about 7-10 days ago. I have received a faint very thin line positive test today from ebt.. am i pregnant? i am so crazy wondering.. to late to test again.. did anybody elce ever receive a test like this? were they pregnant? i am so afraid that I am having problems.. sore breasts.. i feel like i will vomit, but dont... i have never had sore breasts if i was not pregnant... but dont know if it is just a result of the implanon... someone please help.. cant sleep... fiancea does not want me to test for a week.. i dont know if i can make it that long!!!:wacko:

the sore breast could be a result of having the implanon taken out. when you get it removed it has very similar symptoms as being pregnant. but the faint pg test is a very positive sign. hope this is it for you!!! best of luck!!:thumbup:

My partner and i have been trying for a baby since July 2009 and i am a bit anxious as to why am not pregnant yet. I had the Implanon implant in for 3 years and took it out April 2009. I am frustrated though i know getting pregnant is not as easy as it is for some as it is for others. I have been taking folic acid and vitamin D as well. Would you be able to help me by shedding some light as to why i am not pregnant yet? Is there something we are not doing? Is it that the Implanon is not completely out of my system?

My partner and i have been trying for a baby since July 2009 and i am a bit anxious as to why am not pregnant yet. I had the Implanon implant in for 3 years and took it out April 2009. I am frustrated though i know getting pregnant is not as easy as it is for some as it is for others. I have been taking folic acid and vitamin D as well. Would you be able to help me by shedding some light as to why i am not pregnant yet? Is there something we are not doing? Is it that the Implanon is not completely out of my system?

i am no expert my any means but have you been using opks?? as soon as i had my implanon taken out i started using them. i didnt have a AF the whole time being on implanon and about a month after getting it taken out i had a period.have you had a period since coming off of it?

:dust:this time from a third test, it is the walmart brand from equate. I am so scaired that I am bleeding.. but i could not stop myself from taking another test, and sure enough, the blue line was immiedietly there,:bfp: althogh sooo faint that it almost looks like a shadow, and at first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me... is this real? am i just so early? i almost believe that the blood is possibly implantation bleeding, it has always been a lot for me, and in some cases has happened at 6-7 weeks pregnant... but i have also had a mc, so i am just fearful... yet soo hopeful, please send lots of baby dust girls... i need it!
:dust::dust::dust:

:dust:this time from a third test, it is the walmart brand from equate. I am so scaired that I am bleeding.. but i could not stop myself from taking another test, and sure enough, the blue line was immiedietly there,:bfp: althogh sooo faint that it almost looks like a shadow, and at first i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me... is this real? am i just so early? i almost believe that the blood is possibly implantation bleeding, it has always been a lot for me, and in some cases has happened at 6-7 weeks pregnant... but i have also had a mc, so i am just fearful... yet soo hopeful, please send lots of baby dust girls... i need it!
:dust::dust::dust:

:dust: welcome to first tri!!!!

so you really think that i am?!?!? i am too scaired to even consider it to be real!!!

i really hope this is it!!!!! have you tried a first response???

Hi folks, im new to the site but have been watching this thread for some time. I joined up so that I would be able to talk to others in a similar situation to myself for a bit of support. I have to say this thread is fantastic and has gave me hope re: ttc after implanon (there are some horror stories out there and I had myself worried sick). I had the implant removed on Feb 19th 2010 after having 2 in over a course of 4 1/2 years. During that time I had no AF so was really worried about getting my cycle back after I got it removed. So chuffed though because AF arrived on Monday, so hopefully its a good sign that things are returning to normal and me and my new hubby can start ttc.

:cry:just to update you all... i went to the dr, and what i am experiencing is called a chemical pregnancy, and i just found it so soon... because i was using such sensetive tests... i am sooooo so bummed... it all was such a fast up and down for me.. and i am devistated... i thank you for your responces, but i think i will be here next month with you... if you guys will have me...

Hey scootsbirdie

Im soooo sorry!

This is what freaks me out ~ I nvr knew a thing about chemical pregnancy until this site, I just want to test,test,test! which, I would normally do before AF is even nearly due!! Im put off now I know this can happen its heartbreaking!

Hope you get ur BFP soon xx

thank you bestest mommy ever.... i too, did not know too much about these types of things... it seems that once we REALLY want to have a baby.. that we are doomed! with my daghters, i was so shocked that i was even pregnant! there was no watching to see if i started my period, there was no hoping that i got pregnant... i just was! now that i actually want to have a baby.. i have been tormented by disaster! last year, on april 27th, i had a son. on april 29th, he was killed by a hospital accident.. and i have literally died with him... i wanted to try again sooner, but my fiancea was simply not ready.. and that is why i ever got that implanon... :cry::cry::cry: this feels like a loss all over again. i know that it is not the same... but it hurts...
i just think i will be waiting to take a pregnancy test untill the day after my missed af like i am supossed to. the dr. did tell me that it happens to women all of thhe time, and that they never even know it... i wish that i did not know it... :nope:

Hey Scootsbirdie,

I am so sorry. I never knew about a chemical pregnancy until i joined this site, i can only imagine what you are going through. I will be here with you too over the next month xx

:cry:just to update you all... i went to the dr, and what i am experiencing is called a chemical pregnancy, and i just found it so soon... because i was using such sensetive tests... i am sooooo so bummed... it all was such a fast up and down for me.. and i am devistated... i thank you for your responces, but i think i will be here next month with you... if you guys will have me...

of course you can come back next month. :hugs: that is what this thread is for, support of each other. im sorry about your chemical :cry: and hope you have a better outcome next month.best of luck to you

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all. I did get my first "real" AF exactly one month after removal, so that encouraging. I had an appt with my OBGYN yesterday and got TONS of answers. First of all, Implanon is completely out of your system in 48 hours. I have confirmed this with four different doctors, including the doctor I work personally with whose wife has been using Implanon for seven years after the birth of his two children. Although for some it has taken several months to get pregnant, Implanon is not directly the cause of this. Irregularity, PCOS, not ovulating at the "right" time, etc are other underlying causes of fertility problems, and those can be saught out by your OBGYN. For me, I have always had irregular periods before I was on any kind of birth control, so it may take me a few months to get back on track. My OBGYN also told me that close to 90% of her patients that had been on Implanon got pregnant within 3-4 months of trying. They even printed out a stat report for me of all the different birth control forms and how long it took to get pregnant after. (Depo was the longest, and the longest it took was 1-1 1/2 years). I have been using OPKs like crazy, and I did ovulate last month around the time I should have, and got my period 15 days later, so my body is getting back on track. THANK GOD! :) My OBGYN also told me that if I start to become irregular and do not achieve a pregnancy my April, then she will start me on Provera to get my periods back on track and ovulating. She highly recommended Provera for irregularity.

I probably sound like a huge nerd, but it was really great to get some insight from my OBGYN. She's awesome, and I hope the next time I see her, I'm not TTC but pregnant! My husband and are hoping for that BFP this month!!
how long after removal does it take to get af...is it possible to become pregnant before having a af?

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all. I did get my first "real" AF exactly one month after removal, so that encouraging. I had an appt with my OBGYN yesterday and got TONS of answers. First of all, Implanon is completely out of your system in 48 hours. I have confirmed this with four different doctors, including the doctor I work personally with whose wife has been using Implanon for seven years after the birth of his two children. Although for some it has taken several months to get pregnant, Implanon is not directly the cause of this. Irregularity, PCOS, not ovulating at the "right" time, etc are other underlying causes of fertility problems, and those can be saught out by your OBGYN. For me, I have always had irregular periods before I was on any kind of birth control, so it may take me a few months to get back on track. My OBGYN also told me that close to 90% of her patients that had been on Implanon got pregnant within 3-4 months of trying. They even printed out a stat report for me of all the different birth control forms and how long it took to get pregnant after. (Depo was the longest, and the longest it took was 1-1 1/2 years). I have been using OPKs like crazy, and I did ovulate last month around the time I should have, and got my period 15 days later, so my body is getting back on track. THANK GOD! :) My OBGYN also told me that if I start to become irregular and do not achieve a pregnancy my April, then she will start me on Provera to get my periods back on track and ovulating. She highly recommended Provera for irregularity.

I probably sound like a huge nerd, but it was really great to get some insight from my OBGYN. She's awesome, and I hope the next time I see her, I'm not TTC but pregnant! My husband and are hoping for that BFP this month!!
how long after removal does it take to get af...is it possible to become pregnant before having a af?

i had my implanon removed on the 18th of march, and had af on the 5th of april... so for me, quickly. i still hope that i will not have weird complications like no normal cycles... but only time will tell. thank you all for having me. the first day of af was april 5th. so i think i am on day 8 of my cycle. i did my fertility calendar, and my fertile days this month are the 18th, 19th, and 20th. i hope we can do it this time!!!! baby dust for all!!!:dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->