TTC after implanon removal

do you think it could just be a withdrawl bleed from the implanon?? i never had this but i have heard of quite a few people having it.hopefully next month will be it for you.best of luck to you and your family

Hi Ladies

We are also TTC. I had my implanon removed on 22nd Dec (which I have had in for almost 9 years in total and AF every month), had AF on 18th Dec. Done some opk, and was positive on 29th Dec, so we done BD quite a few times, and am hoping that by some miracle, that I may get a BFP around 15th Jan. Fingers crossed......but this waiting is terrible.....

I am desperate to test, but I know that there is no point. Whats strange is I have felt a localised shooting pain on the righthand side (always in the smae place), and also had some cramping, so am hoping that is a good sign.....

Babydust to you all.

Jo xx

Hey everyone! Well, I'm pretty sure what I had was AF. It was fairly heavy and lasted from Wednesday night until Sunday night-Monday morning, which is pretty usual for me. I'm going to go buy some OPKs this week again and see what happens! I hope this is the month :)

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all. I did get my first "real" AF exactly one month after removal, so that encouraging. I had an appt with my OBGYN yesterday and got TONS of answers. First of all, Implanon is completely out of your system in 48 hours. I have confirmed this with four different doctors, including the doctor I work personally with whose wife has been using Implanon for seven years after the birth of his two children. Although for some it has taken several months to get pregnant, Implanon is not directly the cause of this. Irregularity, PCOS, not ovulating at the "right" time, etc are other underlying causes of fertility problems, and those can be saught out by your OBGYN. For me, I have always had irregular periods before I was on any kind of birth control, so it may take me a few months to get back on track. My OBGYN also told me that close to 90% of her patients that had been on Implanon got pregnant within 3-4 months of trying. They even printed out a stat report for me of all the different birth control forms and how long it took to get pregnant after. (Depo was the longest, and the longest it took was 1-1 1/2 years). I have been using OPKs like crazy, and I did ovulate last month around the time I should have, and got my period 15 days later, so my body is getting back on track. THANK GOD! :) My OBGYN also told me that if I start to become irregular and do not achieve a pregnancy my April, then she will start me on Provera to get my periods back on track and ovulating. She highly recommended Provera for irregularity.

I probably sound like a huge nerd, but it was really great to get some insight from my OBGYN. She's awesome, and I hope the next time I see her, I'm not TTC but pregnant! My husband and are hoping for that BFP this month!!

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but while the hormones may be out of your system in 48 hours your fertility is certainly not guaranteed to return to normal as quickly as many doctors say. They say it can return quickly to be on the safe side in case people don't intend to conceive immediately. What they don't say is it can take months to return to normal. I wish they had told me that because it took almost 3 months for my periods to start again, and I was regular as clockwork before taking any hormonal contraception.

Once your cycles are regular I think your chances of conception are the same as if you hadn't been taking it. I would caution against people thinking that they'll get pregant 3-4 months after stopping because I think that's over-optimistic. Ok, I'm up to almost 18 months but part of that is an issue with DH and our own particular situation.

In any case I'm pleased that you've had your AF. Good luck! :hugs:

Excellent! It's great to hear that! Thanks for your post. I had my implant out recently, I had an af exactly 28 days later. I bought some ov sticks and tested from about cd 9 just to be on the safe side, im pretty sure i ov'd on cd14 (i think the line was darker so did my oh). This would have been my first cycle after implant so im keeping everything crossed that I'm extremely lucky and get preggo straight away. I'm realistic that it might not happy quite that easily though, im just impatient! The very best of luck xxxx

I've heard the same thing, I had a friend who had a implanon and she got pregnant right away... Baby dust to you...

Oh, I'm not saying that everyone will get pregnant in the first 3-4 months. It really does vary person to person. And your fertility/infertility doesn't really throw off your cycle, even though it's related in some aspects. Just because you aren't having a period doesn't mean you aren't fertile and can't get pregnant. You can't still ovulate and not get a period and conceive. My best friend is a vouch for that. She has PCOS AND amenorhea due to multiple things, mainly because she is super skinny, and she got pregnant after going SEVEN months without a period, and has a one-year old girl. (And no, she doesn't take or has ever taken any form of BC) I also had a friend who came off of Implanon and didn't get a period for about two months, had some spotting in the third, and got her BFP the month after. I'm just stressing that people CAN and have gotten pregnant right away after stopping. I'm not saying they WILL, but it happens. Everyone is different-some conceive a week after stopping BC; others it takes years. I mean, people get pregnant while on the pill, Depo, etc, so who is to say what will happen for SURE with everyone? I'm just going off of what my OBGYN told me, and from what I've heard and/or seen. I'm going to try to be optimistic because I'd rather be positive than negative, because I don't want to get stressed about it and throw things off. It will happen all in good time. Sorry for yet again, a long post.

I thought Implanon was homonal it was just slow release and once it was removed or ran out you were then able to get pregnant.

https://www.implanon.co.uk/

Mine ran out so had it removed (damn did that hurt doctor looked like he was removing a tooth not a plastic stick). We were already to get pregnant when I was completely bullied by so called uni friends who said I was being stupid and would not return to nursing once I had had a baby. I went for the depot injection and now am period less but have just started the Agnus Castus fingers crossed for 2 weeks.

Molly85

It does have hormones in it. I should have clarified. There are chemicals in it, also. The chemicals have to do with the lining change. Mine hurt a bit when the doctor took it out. It took like 20 minutes, and they really had to dig for it. It was gross!

I agree, it's not fun having them put in and taken out - thank goodness it was only every 3 years!

Hey girls! I just thought I would update and tell you all that I had my Implanon removed on November 30, got AF on Dec. 30, and I just got my BFP yesterday:)

wooohhhooo!!! :dance: go and spread the news!!!! I know you are happy!! sorry i love happy endings.lol:dohh:

Awww Elisa I'm so happy for you!! CONGRATS!!!

I had my implanon removed on Jan 18th, started my AF on 19th, it lasted almost a week so I'm pretty sure it was AF cos it was heavy too & nothing like the constant bleeding I'd had for the past 6 weeks (constant but light). I'm not sure when I will have OV'd...or if I have....but things should become clearer when I get my next AF....which of course I'm hoping not to get...I want a :bfp: instead LOL!!

Wish me luck girls - lots of luck to you all too!!!!! xxxx

best of luck to you!!! and your daughter is so beautiful!!!

Hey guys! Just wanted to update you all. I did get my first "real" AF exactly one month after removal, so that encouraging. I had an appt with my OBGYN yesterday and got TONS of answers. First of all, Implanon is completely out of your system in 48 hours. I have confirmed this with four different doctors, including the doctor I work personally with whose wife has been using Implanon for seven years after the birth of his two children. Although for some it has taken several months to get pregnant, Implanon is not directly the cause of this. Irregularity, PCOS, not ovulating at the "right" time, etc are other underlying causes of fertility problems, and those can be saught out by your OBGYN. For me, I have always had irregular periods before I was on any kind of birth control, so it may take me a few months to get back on track. My OBGYN also told me that close to 90% of her patients that had been on Implanon got pregnant within 3-4 months of trying. They even printed out a stat report for me of all the different birth control forms and how long it took to get pregnant after. (Depo was the longest, and the longest it took was 1-1 1/2 years). I have been using OPKs like crazy, and I did ovulate last month around the time I should have, and got my period 15 days later, so my body is getting back on track. THANK GOD! :)

Thanks so much for all this info! I JUST got my implanon out (3/12) and am starting ttc. I've got about a million questions, but because the dr that put my implant in has moved I don't exactly have a ob/gyn right now! The info is very much appreciated!

I did by the First Response opks. Did one last night-nothing. A very faint test line. Hopefully things start to get under way quickly. We are practicing almost every day! ha!

A faint test line is a positive! I would re test right away!:happydance:

Awww Elisa I'm so happy for you!! CONGRATS!!!

I had my implanon removed on Jan 18th, started my AF on 19th, it lasted almost a week so I'm pretty sure it was AF cos it was heavy too & nothing like the constant bleeding I'd had for the past 6 weeks (constant but light). I'm not sure when I will have OV'd...or if I have....but things should become clearer when I get my next AF....which of course I'm hoping not to get...I want a :bfp: instead LOL!!

Wish me luck girls - lots of luck to you all too!!!!! xxxx

Thought I'd update - had my next AF on 15th Feb and on March 11th got my :bfp: :cloud9:

Good luck everyone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"