TTC after loss - over 40 - any takers? Our lucky thread - 9 rainbows and 1 BFP

:hi: hi ladies, mind if I join you? I am 44 and ttc #1. I got pregnant after 9 tries in January but miscarried at 8 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure how long I can keep ttcing because of my age and situation - I also only really get one day to BD during the month so I have to hope I pick the right one. BDed last night but think I am O'ing today so fingers crossed that isn't too late.

Xanth fingers crossed for you :hugs::hugs:

hi butterfly - i will add you to our list.:hugs:

So sorry xanth, big big hugs to you. Welcome butterfly. I'm 8 dpo and had a big drop in my temp this morning (went from 98.34 to 97.90) which I'm hoping is an implantaion dip. I swear I see a second line on my smu test this morning but we all know how that is lol. Baby dust to all:)

hi dancareoi today is day 25 of my mystery cycle, 14 - 15DPO. AF is due any day now normally day 28 so I am just going to wait and c wat happens. I don't have any symptoms to speak of. To b honest I am going to b happy when AF arrives and everything gets back to normal..

thinking happy thoughts for everyone :hugs::hugs:

Madeline xxx

Hey ladies, sorry i've not been on in a while.

Sorry for those of you who feel you're out this cycle. I understand completely this time pressure thing because of our ages. Relaxing about it is almost impossible when its something you want so badly.

Xanth I'm sorry you've got this worry about your hcg levels. why dont you go and have some bloods taken and see what's going on. Big hugs and my fingers are very tightly crossed for you.

I got my BFP today, well not so much of a Big fat positive, more of a very faint one and a cb digi says pregnant 1-2wks. So we'll see what happens. trying hard not to get too excited.

Good luck to the rest of you this cycle and onwards and upwards if you're on to the next one xx

Congrats Donna! I hope every thing goes well for you, you have been through so much already. Sending Sticky vibes your way:)

Donna that's fantastic news. fingers crossed for you!!!

Morning ladies. Thank you :hugs:
Welcome Butterfly67 xx

Big congratulations Donna xx

Hospital tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on but them I'm going on holiday in the afternoon so won't be on here for a week.
:dust:

make sure you let us know before you go on holiday then or we'll be in suspense for too long!!

Congrats Donna...have a h & h 9 months.....

cd 4 for me and af is tapering off...should be gone completely tomorrow then can get ready for the fun part of ttc

I'm back to just let you know what's going on because I don't think I'll be on now until next week.

Had some spotting.

I rang the diabetic midwife and she says to leave it another week to see if the bleeding settles down. I told her my blood sugars have been very high and she says that if it is unfortunately a miscarriage (which I think it will be), then they want me to test my blood for a week when I'm not pregnant. I never normally check it if I'm not pregnant, so we don't know what my "normal" sugars are.

She said whatever happens I've got to ring her on the Monday that I get back from holiday, I'll book in to the pre conception clinic on the Friday and make a plan from there.

*sigh*

Hope everyone has a good week while I'm away xxx

:cry:I just MC on Sunday! I made it to 9 weeks. 3 MCs and 1 D&E. Don't know if this can happen for me:cry::cry:

well tests almost negative now. Am gutted :cry: :cry: xx

Fingers tightly crossed.
:hugs:

I'm back to just let you know what's going on because I don't think I'll be on now until next week.

Had some spotting.

I rang the diabetic midwife and she says to leave it another week to see if the bleeding settles down. I told her my blood sugars have been very high and she says that if it is unfortunately a miscarriage (which I think it will be), then they want me to test my blood for a week when I'm not pregnant. I never normally check it if I'm not pregnant, so we don't know what my "normal" sugars are.

She said whatever happens I've got to ring her on the Monday that I get back from holiday, I'll book in to the pre conception clinic on the Friday and make a plan from there.

*sigh*

Hope everyone has a good week while I'm away xxx
hang in there:hugs:

:cry:I just MC on Sunday! I made it to 9 weeks. 3 MCs and 1 D&E. Don't know if this can happen for me:cry::cry:
keep hoping, it's all we can all do!!:hugs:

It really is depressing xanth, so sorry you're going through this too. Unfortunately our age is the problem, i'm sure of it. That's not to say it cant work but its finding a good egg, if there are any good ones left. I've got an appointment at the fertility clinic in June and I know they're going to talk donor eggs. Am starting to think it might be my best option.

Garnet how are you coping hunni xx

XANTH and DONNA - sorry you are both having a difficult time - I really hope everyhting works out.

XANTH - your holiday will do you good and hopefully take your mind off things for a bit.

GARNET - so sorry for your loss too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->