TTC after Methotrexate shot

herdingmomma--
Man am I glad I read that. I'm not supposed to be getting pregnant this cycle because I just had methotrexate last month so I better be a bit more careful about it. I was feeling pretty liberated about protection since this whole TTC journey began, lol :blush:

Maybe I should be using OPK's, I was going to save them this month since I temp and didn't really need to anticipate or time bd...

That's why these forums are so great! Experience is such a plus, lol.

sorry trisha. I couldn't see anything on your tests :( I'm pretty regular myself - mainly 29 day cycles every month, but I've had 32 day cycles randomly. In fact, my last cycle was 32 days and now that I'm tracking O with temps, I saw that I in fact O'ed on day 18 instead of 15. So I think it's fairly common to have an off month, ESPECIALLY after a loss and especially after an ectopic loss.... good luck to you for the next cycle :hugs:

and honestly, I think I O'ed just before my cycles got back to 0. I've heard other women swear by this too. I have lots of O signs - cramping being the main one, and I'm convinced I O'ed right before my levels reached 0. I got AF 29 days after D and C.....

herding - lovely lovely news and beautiful scan!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Yeah I don't know what to make of this so called "period" I'm having right now. Yesterday was brown discharge with a little pink. Only had like penny size for the whole day in a liner. Today I had a tampon on from 730-1230ish and barely anything. In so confused. Usually my first day or two is pretty heavy. Ugh thanks for the input though!!

ugh I know. It's so offputting when our bodies aren't doing what they usually do and throw us for a loop. I often wonder if this stuff has happened to me before (longer periods, lighter periods too, etc) and I didn't care to notice since I wasn't thinking about it or tracking or TTC. I guess I'll never know. I often think that my body changed after the loss but I mostly think that I prob had some weird/different periods before and never paid attention. I also went RIGHT back to normal after my loss, but it didn't stay that way. It hasn't changed much though. Hey just think - we are one cycle closer to our BFP!

Yeah it's just so weird how my 1st period in October was so normal. And this ones so odd? I guess will see. I hope we have BFP this month. I want it bad :( especially since I thought I was this month because of a longer cycle.

hugs to you! :hugs: I've been tracking my O since my ectopic so I guess I never had that "this could be it" period. I was actually thinking about that last month though since I did O late - I thought, if I didn't track O, I would be convinced I'm pregnant right now. And I thought how heartbreaking that would have been so I really am sending you big hugs! :hugs:

Hugs to you as well ! I'm hoping I can remember to temp this cycle. I want to know eh be I O. But not to sure about how you know? Is it a temp spike?

yep - but it doesn't always have to be a "spike" - it can just be a gradual rise too. But I was surprised at how easy temping was. FF does most of the work, really. And after a few months, I know my pattern and my characteristics so I can interpret it myself now as well. I would def recommend it especially if you are feeling questionable about your cycle. It gives a lot of insight and yes, can lessen the false hope in cases when you O a little later.

you are at the perfect time to start now! at the beginning of a cycle :thumbup:

So you start at AF?

Yes, CD 1 is first day of AF. Your temps might be a little sporadic through your period but should go to base line by the time it's over. I love temping too...definitely recommend it. I o'd on cycle day 21 before and I would have been crazy if I hadn't known.

Just got my NIPT results today. All clear for trisomies, and. ....

It's a BOY!

Thought I'd come post an update for you ladies! I'm 27w3d today, so quasi-third trimester. I am calling it third seeing as I'm less than 3 months from my due date, but hey, it's just semantics, right? LOL

Had an appointment this morning and I've lost the whole 1 pound I had gained as of last month's appointment, but OB isn't concerned because baby Jared is doing great! He's about 2 1/2 lbs now. Even though I'm effectively losing weight, ironically, I failed the glucose test. LOL

https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p189/ace61502/Jared/Jared27w3d_zpscxh8fc9v.jpg

I had to get the methotrexate injection in June. My doctor said to wait at least 3 months, or until I had 2 menstrual cycles. My levels went down exactly as they were supposed to and by September I was ready to start trying again. I still am not pregnant. I was able to concieve twice before very easily even though neither of those pregnancies were successful. So it worries me that it has been this long. I wish you luck

Just wanted to say, I'm sorry you're going through this Jessesgirl. It totally sucks.

herding!! thanks for the update and wonderful news. congrats!!

jesse - I had MTX treatment in early May of last year. The ectopic was a result of our fist time trying and now nothing since then. I often worry that the MTX messed something up, but so far all tests have come back normal. wishing you the best of luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->