TTC after Methotrexate shot

Hi, JPARR--Lovely to hear from you, my MTX-day friend!

Yup, I'm getting checked, and hcg is declining nicely. I was only around 200 two weeks ago, and I'm waiting on results from this week's test. (C'mon zero!) Good to hear what your timeline was like. Hopefully it won't be much longer for me either.

Hope you're feeling better and wishing you all the best!

I will be joining this thread at some point, but we're not TTC'ing just yet! I got methotrexate on March 14th for ectopic in left tube. My HcG finally went down to 0 last week! I *think* I may have ovulated last week (EWCM, not using OPKs) so I'm hoping for AF in another week or so.

What is everyone doing for folic acid?? Are people taking additional folic acid to build up the reserves that methotrexate depleted?? I just started back up on my prenatals and DHA/Omega-3 last night. What vitamins are people taking??

I am TERRIFIED of going through this again. This ectopic has been so traumatic for me. From the long wait to see if the pregnancy was going to make it, to the shot, to the HORRIBLE cramping and bleeding that followed, to the weeks waiting for the HcG to decline. Ugh!

Thinking of you all! xoxo

epump, I'm glad you are finally back down to zero. I was wondering how you were doing. I just started back on my prenatals too, but my doctor didn't tell me to take any additional folic acid. I have heard of other ladies in this situation taking extra folic acid, so I have the same question you do.

Thanks, Michelle78. How are you doing?? When was your shot? Are you back TTC'ing? Glad you're back on the prenatals as well :) My doctor hasn't said anything about taking any extra folic acid either. But I've heard some women do it. Is there a test we can get to check our levels of folic acid?

Is anyone getting any tests done after the ectopic? I've been told (and read) that it wasn't necesary yet, but wanted to see what other people were doing...

epump, I am doing better. Physically I feel fine, and I still have the occasional bad day emotionally, but even that is getting better. I really think that not having to go to the doctor several times a week and be reminded over and over about what happened has helped!

My shot was on 3/24, and the doctor told us to wait 2 cycles until we start TTC again. I stopped bleeding from the m/c on 4/6, so I am hoping to see AF in the next 2 weeks (I never thought I would be saying that!). DH and I are going on vacation at the end of May, so hopefully when we get back we will be ready to try again.

I was going to ask you about tests too. My doctor was not able to say definitively whether my pregnancy was ectopic because I had no symptoms consistent with an ectopic and nothing on the u/s pointed to ectopic. He said that they could do an HSG to check on my tubes, and that basically if the HSG was all clear that it was unlikely I had an ectopic. I am not sure I want to do that because even if the HSG does show that there is some scar tissue in one of my tubes consistent with an ectopic, there is nothing they can do about it. I have been going back and forth about whether to do the HSG for a week now!

HI everyone. I had methotrexate on 11th Dec and then again on 22nd. I reached hcg 4 on 19th January and bled through most of the process.

I was advised to take folic acid for 12 weeks after discharge, which took me to April 14th, so I'm back ttc now. I still feel a niggle every now and again in my right tube where I think the ep must have been.

I've been tracking my cycles and the last two I have ov on cd16/17 and had a 30 day cycle. Typically am due to ov this weekend and dh is away until Sundat, so I'm not hopeful for this month.

I'm terrfied too of another ep, but I know I want another baby and so am have to gonna get pg to have one so am prepared to take the risk and ride it out.

Good luck everyone.

xx

I will be joining this thread at some point, but we're not TTC'ing just yet! I got methotrexate on March 14th for ectopic in left tube. My HcG finally went down to 0 last week! I *think* I may have ovulated last week (EWCM, not using OPKs) so I'm hoping for AF in another week or so.

What is everyone doing for folic acid?? Are people taking additional folic acid to build up the reserves that methotrexate depleted?? I just started back up on my prenatals and DHA/Omega-3 last night. What vitamins are people taking??

I am TERRIFIED of going through this again. This ectopic has been so traumatic for me. From the long wait to see if the pregnancy was going to make it, to the shot, to the HORRIBLE cramping and bleeding that followed, to the weeks waiting for the HcG to decline. Ugh!

Thinking of you all! xoxo

The doctor gave me a bunch of prescription prenatal vitamins to try out and pick which one I like. He wants me to take prescription prenatal vitamins cause of the amount of folic acid in them (which I need due to the shot) I started one a couple of days ago and I love it! No sickness or anything like the store bought prenatals I was taking before M/C.

The prenatal vitamins I chose to take are Vitafol-OB+DHA.

I am very excited for June to get here, but, also a bit nervous. I am going to stay positive throughout it all!!!

HI everyone. I had methotrexate on 11th Dec and then again on 22nd. I reached hcg 4 on 19th January and bled through most of the process.

I was advised to take folic acid for 12 weeks after discharge, which took me to April 14th, so I'm back ttc now. I still feel a niggle every now and again in my right tube where I think the ep must have been.

I've been tracking my cycles and the last two I have ov on cd16/17 and had a 30 day cycle. Typically am due to ov this weekend and dh is away until Sundat, so I'm not hopeful for this month.

I'm terrfied too of another ep, but I know I want another baby and so am have to gonna get pg to have one so am prepared to take the risk and ride it out.

Good luck everyone.

xx

Good luck!!!!

Hi, everyone! Wow, once again I'm struck by how sorry I am that all of you are going through this too, but I'm so happy to have found you, because I'd been feeling so alone for the past several weeks...

I just learned today that my latest hCG level was 1 (let's call it zero). Yay! I'm also feeling way better now that I'm taking a break from work. Er, work is actually school, and I'm in the most demanding part of my graduate study program at the moment--talk about terrible timing. (Not that this would be good at any time...)

Those prescription prenatal vits sound interesting, JPARR. I am going to ask my doc about them.

Hi, everyone! Wow, once again I'm struck by how sorry I am that all of you are going through this too, but I'm so happy to have found you, because I'd been feeling so alone for the past several weeks...

I just learned today that my latest hCG level was 1 (let's call it zero). Yay! I'm also feeling way better now that I'm taking a break from work. Er, work is actually school, and I'm in the most demanding part of my graduate study program at the moment--talk about terrible timing. (Not that this would be good at any time...)

Those prescription prenatal vits sound interesting, JPARR. I am going to ask my doc about them.

Yay! Your HCG is down to 1!!!! That is what mine was at the last time I tested.

Yea, the real reason I chose them was because they did not make me feel sick. You can just ask your doctor for some samples of prescription prenatal vitamins and try them all out to see which one you like! Best of luck!

Sara, so glad to hear that your levels are basically 0. I started to feel much better mentally once I knew my levels were down. It sucks to have to be part of this group, but you are definitely not alone :hugs:

JPARR, thanks for the info on the prenatals. My doctor had actually given me a sample of the ones you are on, so I think I am going to try them. The ones I take don't make me sick, but with the methotrexate shot, I want a vitamin that has the most folic acid.

JPARR, how much folic acid does your prescription prenatals have?? I think the ones I'm currently taking have 800mg. I like them, I take them at night and they don't make me feel sick. Then I also take an Omega-3/DHA pill.

I'm wondering if I should just take an additional folic acid pill (maybe with another 400-600mg)? Is that too much?

So glad we're all here to support one another!

Hi Ladies

It is so good to know that i am not alone - not in bad way i meant.

I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy (ovarian) on 24th Feb and had laparoscopy to remove the embrio, luckily my ovary n F-tube were still intact. I was 6 wks pregnant at that time. I took the one n only MTX shot on 25th Feb and was told by my gynae to wait for 6 mths until we can try again. I find that it is ridiculously a long wait. I'm getting a second opinion tho. Bcuz from what i've read online, typical waiting time after MTX shot is roughly 3 mths. Pray that the 2nd gynae will give promising results. :)

JPARR, how much folic acid does your prescription prenatals have?? I think the ones I'm currently taking have 800mg. I like them, I take them at night and they don't make me feel sick. Then I also take an Omega-3/DHA pill.

I'm wondering if I should just take an additional folic acid pill (maybe with another 400-600mg)? Is that too much?

So glad we're all here to support one another!

My prescription Prenatal has 1000mg of folic acid and a bunch of other stuff. You should go to the website to check it out.

Hi Ladies

I was diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy (ovarian) on 24th Feb and had laparoscopy to remove the embrio, luckily my ovary n F-tube were still intact. I was 6 wks pregnant at that time. I took the one n only MTX shot on 25th Feb and was told by my gynae to wait for 6 mths until we can try again. I find that it is ridiculously a long wait. I'm getting a second opinion tho. Bcuz from what i've read online, typical waiting time after MTX shot is roughly 3 mths. Pray that the 2nd gynae will give promising results. :)

I am very sorry about your loss. It is great to be able to have ladies who are dealing with the same stuff. I would def. go and get a second opinion. They told me to wait 2 cycles. Which technically means 3 months I guess. Let us know how you make out. Best of luck! xx

Sara, so glad to hear that your levels are basically 0. I started to feel much better mentally once I knew my levels were down. It sucks to have to be part of this group, but you are definitely not alone :hugs:

JPARR, thanks for the info on the prenatals. My doctor had actually given me a sample of the ones you are on, so I think I am going to try them. The ones I take don't make me sick, but with the methotrexate shot, I want a vitamin that has the most folic acid.

No harm in trying them out. When I called the doctor yesterday to have them call in my prescription, the nurse said which ones are you going to take and I told her. She replied "those are my favorite ones!" So I guess a lot of women like them.

Happy Easter and spring, everyone! Regardless of your religious/spiritual beliefs, I hope we can all appreciate that this is a time of renewal and optimistic new beginnings--something we can all use right now.

I am welcoming the spring after a long, frigid Minnesota winter. Today I noticed some new shoots in parts of the garden I'd planted. (At least I can grow something successfully--ha!)

Also, welcome to Nat--thinking of you.

Hi Ladies

Nat, so sorry for your loss :hugs: I would definitely get a second opinion. My doctor told me that I have to wait 2 cycles, which will probably end up being a little over 3 months after the shot. Let us know how the 2nd opinion goes.

I had a different answer ot when it was safe everytime I asked, from 100 days from the day of the shot, per shot, to one cycle. The most common was twelve weeks of folic acid, which was also the advice of the ectopic pg trust at the time, but even that's changed to "several motnhs" of folic acid, whatever that is. I went with the twelve weeks, tho did ntnp from 9 weeks...

I hope everyone here goes ont o have a healthy pg soon, ectopic and methotrexate is a harsh way to learn that sometimes things don't work out the way you think they will.

Anyone who recently got methotrexate get their period yet?? I'm still waiting for mine. I thought maybe I had EWCM 2 weeks ago but still no AF....

How long did it generally take people to get AF after ectopic/methotrexate. I'm so confused what I should use as my "baseline." It's been about a 4 weeks since I stopped bleeding and my Hcg was 77, but only about 2 weeks of having a HcG <10. I've heard that you can ovulate once HcG gets under 100. Just wondering when AF will show up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->