TTC after Methotrexate shot

I actually had AF like cramps today. I am hoping the witch is on her way. (that is weird to say LOL)

Happy Easter and spring, everyone! Regardless of your religious/spiritual beliefs, I hope we can all appreciate that this is a time of renewal and optimistic new beginnings--something we can all use right now.

I am welcoming the spring after a long, frigid Minnesota winter. Today I noticed some new shoots in parts of the garden I'd planted. (At least I can grow something successfully--ha!)

Also, welcome to Nat--thinking of you.

Happy Easter!!! Thank you!

Funny, after I posted that question yesterday I started spotting and this morning work up with AF. So it's here. Yay! Weird to be excited but I'm glad to know things are back up and working as they should :) So just about 4 weeks since the bleeding stopped and about 6 weeks from my shot.

Had a nice run yesterday - felt good to get back out there even though I only ran a little bit. sara456, I'm looking forward to spring as well after a long Chicago winter :)

AF showed up for me today. Yay!! Like epump said, I never thought I would be excited to see AF, but I am thrilled that she is here. I am 5 weeks past my shot and 3 weeks after I stopped bleeding from the m/c.

I am hoping that the coming and going of AF will get rid of the bloated feeling I have. Just yesterday when I got back from my run, I was complaining to DH about how bloated and gross I feel. Has anyone else felt bloated since the m/c or shot? Of course, now that AF showed today, maybe all of that was just PMS.

Yay for the both of you getting your AF!!

I actually feel so bloated since getting the shot. Hopefully when AF shows her face I will feel better.

I feel bloated too! But I just assumed it was from all the eating/drinking/not exercising I've been doing :) I definitely do feel less bloated today now that AF is here, but I've also been working out the past few days, trying to eat better, etc. Interesting!

OK, I'm glad the bloating thing is not just me! I have felt so bloated, etc. since the shot even though I have been running again for about 4 weeks. I have been trying to watch what I eat more carefully in the past couple weeks, but I cannot shake the bloated feeling. I was so frustrated yesterday by the fact that it didn't seem to be getting any better. I hope when AF leaves, the bloat does too!

I hope you all start to feel back to normal ASAP. It took me so long after the shot to feel normal. I don't recall specifically feeling bloated, but I had the shot in November, followed by Thanksgiving and then Christmas at Grandma's house, so if there was bloating it was probably because of all the good food. :) I just remember feeling very frail like the shot took some of my life from me. MC is never good, but the good thing about the last one was that it ended on its own without the shot. I hope none of us ever have to do that again!

Little Bird, sorry for your loss as well. Thanks for the well wishes, I absolutely hope none of us ever experiences this again!

JPARR, the witch is definitely coming for you next! :hugs:

Michelle78 -- I bet I'm not too far from you. We live in Springfield. How'd you like those tornados we had recently?

About AF, we took a short trip this weekend to Baltimore and I packed feminine products although I had no plans for a visit from the :witch:. Man, am I glad I packed them because I started spotting on Saturday with the real deal starting on Sunday! And I was so happy to see her!

Lol @ Michelle!!!

@ Little- woohooo!!!! The witch showed her face!!!!!! Hopefully I'm next! Fingers crossed

I think (?) I just finished my first AF after the shot. It really was only 3 full days of bleeding, which is definitely short for me. I was usually a pretty solid 5 days (with the last 2 days being light/spotting). I hope that is okay!

Littlebird and Michelle, I lived in DC for 3 years in my 20s. Love that place, love the area! DH and I always said we would have been happy living there, however family is in Chicago :)

Little Bird, I'm not too far from you. I am on the other side of the beltway in Kensington, MD. We fortunately did not get anything really bad, but I used to work in Clinton, MD and there was a tornado there. Crazy! I'm glad that AF has shown up, it's so strange to be excited to see her after all this time of TTC and hoping she doesn't come.

I feel like I have been dealing with the m/c in stages. The first stage was having my HCG levels start dropping like they should, the next was my levels getting to basically 0 so that I didn't have to go back to the doctor anymore, then it was having the bleeding from the m/c stop, and finally AF showing up. Now I feel like I can take a deep breath and relax until late June/early July and I start TTC again. The relaxation is definitely going to be helped by the Hawaii vacation coming in 3 weeks :happydance:

I hope the rest of you ladies have something fun and relaxing planned in the next few months, it is much deserved!

epump, I'm sure it is fine that AF was a little shorter this time. I am expecting mine to be as well. I'm thinking that since I stopped bleeding from the m/c only three weeks ago, AF can't be that heavy. I am on day 3 today, and it has not been any worse than a normal pre-m/c AF.

I love DC, but Chicago is not bad place either! I have been here for almost 11 years. I moved here right after college and have stayed put. My family is not too far away in NC, and DHs family is in PA. Although, once a little one finally gets here it would be nice to have my family closer!

I think (?) I just finished my first AF after the shot. It really was only 3 full days of bleeding, which is definitely short for me. I was usually a pretty solid 5 days (with the last 2 days being light/spotting). I hope that is okay!

Littlebird and Michelle, I lived in DC for 3 years in my 20s. Love that place, love the area! DH and I always said we would have been happy living there, however family is in Chicago :)

You're closer to my hometown! I'm from a small town in Missouri, so we go there twice a year to visit family. My heart aches to be closer to them, but DH has all his family here. The good thing about being here is that there is so much to see and do. Where I grew up, the nearest shopping mall was 1.5 hours away! In a time before internet shopping, it was rough being a teenage girl. :) I used to just hope to get out of that town. Now that I'm older (and wiser) I go back as often as I can to be with my family.

Lol @ Michelle!!!

@ Little- woohooo!!!! The witch showed her face!!!!!! Hopefully I'm next! Fingers crossed

I bet she's right around the corner. Hopefully she makes it quick and easy. :)

Little Bird, I'm not too far from you. I am on the other side of the beltway in Kensington, MD. We fortunately did not get anything really bad, but I used to work in Clinton, MD and there was a tornado there. Crazy! I'm glad that AF has shown up, it's so strange to be excited to see her after all this time of TTC and hoping she doesn't come.

I feel like I have been dealing with the m/c in stages. The first stage was having my HCG levels start dropping like they should, the next was my levels getting to basically 0 so that I didn't have to go back to the doctor anymore, then it was having the bleeding from the m/c stop, and finally AF showing up. Now I feel like I can take a deep breath and relax until late June/early July and I start TTC again. The relaxation is definitely going to be helped by the Hawaii vacation coming in 3 weeks :happydance:

I hope the rest of you ladies have something fun and relaxing planned in the next few months, it is much deserved!

Yeah, the weather is definitely out of the norm.

You're right! It does happen in stages. I'm so jealous that you're going to Hawaii - I have wanted to go but haven't been. Sounds like it will be a good time to recharge and enjoy all the beautiful sights.

I've got a trip to Missouri planned in June, I go first with the boys (NOT relaxing to have two little monkeys in the airport) and DH meets up with us for a few days then we all fly back. I really hope we get a BFP before then because I just don't like feeling all this uncertainty. And I'd hate to be having fertile days that we can't use because we're staying at Grandma's house! :haha:

I wish I had something fun and relaxed to do! I have been going hiking every day with our dog and that is about it. I think it is starting to bother me more now thinking about how I have to wait till June to TTC again. Let alone wait for my AF to show up. You ladies feel this way??

I do, JPARR. I'm just generally feeling so down about this. I'm pretty positive we won't be TTC this cycle (AF just ended for me) and that we'll probably wait until the next cycle which will be early June. That will be ~3 months after my shot. But I really do want to get an appoint with an REI in the meantime, maybe run tests? I just also need some reassurance to help put my mind at ease.

I know this is probably pretty common for everyone here, but seriously there are so many pregnant friends, co-workers, family members in my life right now. Some days it's just harder to deal with than others, ya know?

As my last metho injection was November, I have gone through the waiting period, but my OBGYN told me that I could try after my first AF. I understand some doctors want you to wait longer. Even still, we didn't TTC again really until March, and that ended with an early MC. No metho or anything else required that time. So I'm done waiting, I'll be TTC this cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->