TTC after Methotrexate shot

I have my days when I am frustrated about having to wait until late June/early July to TTC again. I notice my frustration is at its highest when I am around other people who are pregnant. I have several co-workers who are pregnant, and some days I just find it very difficult to be around them. I really am happy for them, but sometimes it takes all the effort I can manage to be able to smile and be polite when they talk about their pregnancies.

My DH is pretty good about bringing me back to a calm place when I get too worked up. I think that's why he suggested a vacation in late May so that would take my mind off of it a little. With the way it worked out, I should get AF again while on vacation, so I wouldn't be able to have another IUI, even if my doctor was OK with it, until the cycle that should start at the end of June/early July. Although, I will say that DH and I will probably not do anything to prevent getting pregnant while on vacation. If I managed to get pregnant on my own despite my PCOS, I would just take that as a sign it was meant to be!

When I think back to how completely devastated I was in March, I know that things have gotten better. Even though not a day goes by when I don't miss my baby, I know that I am in a better place now than I was even a few weeks ago, and I have to believe that will continue.

I'm so glad that I found you ladies. :hugs: No one else I know has ever experienced anything like this, so as hard as they try, they just don't understand what I am feeling. Hopefully in July we will all have sticky beans and we can be bump buddies!

I have my days when I am frustrated about having to wait until late June/early July to TTC again. I notice my frustration is at its highest when I am around other people who are pregnant. I have several co-workers who are pregnant, and some days I just find it very difficult to be around them. I really am happy for them, but sometimes it takes all the effort I can manage to be able to smile and be polite when they talk about their pregnancies.

My DH is pretty good about bringing me back to a calm place when I get too worked up. I think that's why he suggested a vacation in late May so that would take my mind off of it a little. With the way it worked out, I should get AF again while on vacation, so I wouldn't be able to have another IUI, even if my doctor was OK with it, until the cycle that should start at the end of June/early July. Although, I will say that DH and I will probably not do anything to prevent getting pregnant while on vacation. If I managed to get pregnant on my own despite my PCOS, I would just take that as a sign it was meant to be!

When I think back to how completely devastated I was in March, I know that things have gotten better. Even though not a day goes by when I don't miss my baby, I know that I am in a better place now than I was even a few weeks ago, and I have to believe that will continue.

I'm so glad that I found you ladies. :hugs: No one else I know has ever experienced anything like this, so as hard as they try, they just don't understand what I am feeling. Hopefully in July we will all have sticky beans and we can be bump buddies!

Yea, I agree with you on when thinking back to March, I realize that things have gotten better. Also, I think about my angel every day and wonder how big I would be by now, etc..

I am thrilled to have found you ladies also because I do not know a single person (besides on here) that have had the methotrexate shot. You all totally understand the feeling of what it is like to go through this particular situation.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all were bump buddies by summer time!!!!! I pray every day for each and every one of us!!! You gals are the best. :hugs:

It is frustrating to wait! I had my injection in November, and they didn't know whether one would work or we would need two, and if that didn't work they'd have to do surgery. So I was hoping things would go as quickly as possible. Then the numbers started going down, and they tried to give me some idea how long it would take to get back to 0 but that really took forever. My birthday rolled around, and I had to go in for another blood test on that day. :( I think it was like 5 weeks before I was at 0 again. But after that, I just kept busy with the holidays and all the travel plans and buying presents for family. So I think that was probably the thing that made waiting easier -- just making myself so busy that I couldn't think about it. As soon as January started, I was back to that mindset. I have two friends from church that were actually getting their BFPs as I was miscarrying. It's hard to be around them. I'm happy for them, definitely, and I know that they're both so excited. But for them, pregnancy is a main point of conversation and it hurts to be around that.

Sounds like your DH is very supportive and I love the idea of scheduling a vacation together during the waiting time. I hope you guys have the best time and come back ready to TTC again!

And I think it does get easier. I really hope you all get your BFPs as soon as possible! :dust:

Hey ladies! Do you mind if I join the chat? I had an ectopic July 2010, thought I miscarried, didn't go to doc and was finally diagnosed at 8w3d and had the methotrexate shot. My HcG went up the first week, so they gave me a 2nd shot, and then it started dropping. My tube ruptured the week after 2nd shot so I had surgery to remove the tube. So I'm a one tuber now.

It's been awhile now but I can still remember all those feelings you ladies are talking about. It seemed like everyone I knew was getting pregnant while I had to wait it out. I had to wait 3 months before I could get a HSG scan and we've been ttc again since Jan. 2011. I've done my best to politely avoid my friend's baby showers, because I'm so happy for them and I really don't want to bring the mood down. I like to let them know that I'm so excited for them, but I've learned that for me to be happy I've had to distance myself from the pregnancy talk all the time.

I hope you ladies keep busy and that the time goes by quicker than you think. FX'd for every one of you!

So sorry for your loss, and sorry they couldn't protect your tube with Metho. It must have been a scary time for you! I'm glad you found this thread. There is a lot of healing in sharing your experience with people who can understand. I have a couple of showers coming up this summer and I hope I will feel comfortable going.

I am very sorry for your loss. Welcome and I am also glad you found this thread! We are always here to talk and share stories and updates. <3 you ladies!

So sorry for your loss. I don't know a soul who has had an ectopic/suspected ectopic, so the ladies on here have a been a great support. It has been such a relief to come on this board and find people who understand what I am going through!

In the beginning there was no one who knew what I was going through. Then I found bnb and the healing began. I love all the ladies on here :hugs: and I'm officially a "one tuber" now and find support with those ladies as well. But there always room for more love and support so thank you for your warm welcome :flower:

Hope you ladies had a great weekend. I finished my 1st AF since the m/c and it really wasn't any different than a normal pre-m/c AF, which I guess is a good thing.

Are any of you just completely dreading Mother's Day? I am so dreading it! I have already warned DH that Sunday is probably going to be a bad day for me, so we need to plan something to do that will get me out of the house and away from all the Mother's Day stuff on TV. Poor thing, I think that he is a little scared that after I have been doing so well for the past couple weeks, this is going to set me back. I think that I'll be OK, but I just want to get that day over with!

Glad that AF is gone for you! I haven't really paid much attention to Mother's Day. Hehe, I spend more time on my FF calendar than my Google calendar. I think we'll be BD this weekend so I will be preoccupied with that and hopefully won't have a chance to be sad. Although, it will probably include time with the in-laws, which will probably include uncomfortable questions... Tomorrow is the Mother's Day Tea at my son's preschool, and it seems like there is the highest concentration of pregnant ladies in preschools! :) I'll have to play the piano for the chapel service so I'm more nervous about that than noticing all the ladies who have their bumps. I think being busy does a lot for the blues. Sounds like your DH is very supportive and wants to help you get through the day the best way possible!

I will also be sorta dreading mothers day. Not sure what DH and I will be doing yet, but, we will probably be taking either my mother out or my MIL. Hopefully it will be my mother LOL.

I think AF is totally on her way because I have been such a B**ch lately! I just have been snapping at everything and getting upset over everything I see and hear. (usually a good sign that AF will show her face when I start acting like that)

The last 2 nights have been kinda rough for me. Just been thinking alot about my angel and what my belly would look like now, etc.. But, I am also EXTREMELY excited on the other hand to start trying in June (as long as AF shows her face).

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Is it me or are the days and weeks flying by? It is already May 2. WOW!

Aw, sorry that you've been having rough times... I agree that the days are flying by. The next couple of months will be really busy.

I'm so glad that you have some symptoms of AF! The witch will come and June will be here before you know it. I have also noticed that time has started to go by more quickly.

I know what you mean about thinking about your angel and what your belly would look like, etc. I started thinking about it a lot once it got to around the time that I would have started showing. I hope you are feeling better! :hugs:

Hope AF is just around the corner, JPARR! And I agree that some days are harder than others. I'm mentally preparing for my best friend's baby shower in 2 weeks. It's going to be hard on a lot of levels (even though I am so excited for her). I feel like I am surrounded by pregnancy right now. Some days it just really stings and others I can get by and feel optimistic for my own future.

Michelle, very jealous of your Hawaii vacation! Sounds wonderful! I hope DH and I can steal away someplace for at least a weekend or so. We had to cancel a trip in the middle of my ectopic last month so we're definitely ready for a little vacation.

Have a good day everyone!

Thanks ladies!! I hope so too!

Hawaii!!!!!!!!! I am so jealous. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip Michelle.

We leave 3 weeks from today. I was so excited to be able to turn my calendar at work from April to May and see it marked on there. Once we get back it will only be about 2 weeks until we start TTC again, so hopefully I will be relaxed and excited about it by then.

FINALLY! SHE CAME!!!! AF showed her face this morning! WOOHOOO I cannot tell you how I excited I am ladies. June BFP here I come!

OMG! That's wonderful news! I am so happy for you! I've got my fingers crossed that you get your BFP ASAP.

Yay, I am so excited for you!! June (and hopefully a BFP) will be here before you know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->