TTC and Trying to Plan A Wedding...

eveclo

LTTC
Reaction score
Hi ladies, wasn't sure where to post this but i thought this would be the best place to start!

My fiancé and i have been trying to conceive our first baby since December 2012. So it's been about 6 cycles, (this is currently the 7th but he is away so i won't count it - hehe)

Anyway, we got engaged in April, and we have been discussing wedding plans. I tried on and found my perfect dress, and it fits perfectly - but now i am worrying if i am to buy it / start planning our wedding that we will suddenly get pregnant. I wouldn't care being pregnant at my wedding - but my dress would definitely not fit! Or if we were to get pregnant and be due at the time of our wedding - it would make it really unenjoyable as i will be big and sweaty (it's hot here in Aus).

I feel like it's just not going to happen for us - and we both really want to get married. So we are both kind of stuck as to what to do.

Has anyone tried planning a wedding whilst TTC? I don't want to go on a break because i don't want to miss a month :( We both want a baby more than anything but we both want to get married and can't keep putting it off for something that may not happen.

We are both in our early 20's :)

Hi! We were TTC for the 6 months prior to our wedding. (2 years later, still no luck). I didn't see the point in skipping, unless you're so stressed with it all that other parts of your life are suffering for it. No sense in wasting a month! Or just get married earlier, have a fun, spontaneous, less stuffy/formal wedding in a few months or something. Or not. Worst case scenario you lose money on buying another dress. Overall, just have fun! These are good problems to have :) Good luck!

We are TTC and planning a wedding! Our wedding was originally set for August 2013, but we bought a house so we pushed the wedding back a year. We are planning for Aug 2014 now.

It's hard because we are trying to time it so that a baby would be born before June 2014 (gives me time to lose the weight) or get pregnant in May 2014. We'll have to take a 9 month break if we aren't successful.

You're young, if there's no reason for you to think that it might not happen- waiting might not be a bad thing. If you were older and had some issues, I'd say that baby would come first. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->