TTC buddy?!

Discussion in 'TTC Buddies' started by AMN21, Feb 28, 2012.

1. AMN21

AMN21 TTC #1

Thinking of you Smooch! Can't wait for an update!! Hope all is well!

2. Smooch

Smooch Pregnant! :-)

Hey girls! Wow been a crazy and amazing week! I have my beautiful and most precious gift from god! So happy:) :dance: but wow what an adventure getting there...last Thursday I had my normal U/s
    I asked about.my protein lvl from urine test...and it was over 2000! And my BP was still high.
    So my doc said time to induce ya! I'm.like ah!!!! Haha I was so worried and excited too.
    So they started the process and I wasn't advancing...after the meso and the pitocin not working...I was at risk if seizure due to the preclampsia so they put me on magnesium sulfate drip.which made me feel.like death..I was not doing well at all...could barley breathe couldn't keep my head up...so when nothing was happening..by sat from Thursday ...doc came broke my water and discovered baby had passed meconium ..so then I was worried..doc said I could have had her vaginaly..but could take upto 6-10 more hours ...I decided c section was better...just get my baby outta there.........

3. Smooch

So the c section was kind of a scary experience tbh..I've only ever had 1 other surfeit for the ovarian cyst ..and I was knocked out for Tht Not this time lol it was so crazy but when me and my husband seen our Adelyn everything happening disappeared :) I am so happy to have her home now....now I worry about her all the time.lol
    I'm on my phone so the pics won't upload ..I will get them soon...she's so adorable ;)

How are u ladies?? How was ur new year?!
    TTCBean ..I.loved the belly.moving and bouncing too..so fun..now I get to see Adelyn make funny faces and wiggle around lol she's doing awesome especially for an early baby:)

4. Smooch

Heres my wonderful lil cupcake:):):cloud9:

Attached Files:

5. TTCBean

TTCBean Well-Known Member

Wow Smooch, she is just so adorable and precious! I've been looking forward to pictures :)!

I am so glad you are both doing well now and recovering! I was so worried about you two. You must be so over the moon with such a precious little gift. :)

What level is urine protein supposed to be at?

I've got my first natural birthing class tonight, at 6. Baby is super active and doing great :) can't wait to meet him. ALMOST done his nursery, just need to do some finishing touches... I'll post pics as soon as it's complete. :)

6. Smooch

I didn't do any birthing classes...kinda glad now lol ;)
    Anything beyond 300 is not good for protein in urine.
    so mine was insane lol

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery.

7. TTCBean

Wow, that is out of this world! and yeah birthing classes wouldn't have done you any good ;) haha.

The closer I am to my due date (4 months to go!) the most scared I get... scared and nervous, anxious, excited, all these emotions at once.

8. AMN21

AMN21 TTC #1

Smooch, she is beautiful! I am so thrilled for you. What a crazy story but I'm glad everything turned out perfect!!

9. TTCBean

10. AMN21

AMN21 TTC #1

Aw your bump is so cute! I'm doing alright. Just getting over being sick. Been really sick for almost a week. I am feeling a whole lot better now, just a little congested and coughing still. I have been taking amoxicillin and today I have developed a yeast infection:wacko: So hopefully I can see my doc Tuesday....ugh I swear it's one thing after another! Also I am CD 40 today, will test tomorrow but I am doubtful. Just figured maybe I should since my cycles are all crazy.

Well hope you both are doing well! I go back to work/school life this week...fun fun lol.

11. Smooch

TTCBean your bump is adorable:)
    Adelyn and I are doing great...we are still getting the hang of nursing...she's getting better at latching on.
    we had the fam over for dinner tonight was nice.
    AMN being sick is never fun :/ those cycles need to cooperate damn it.

12. AMN21

AMN21 TTC #1

I know, it drives me nuts! Glad to hear Adelyn is latching on :thumbup:

13. TTCBean

I'm glad your feeling better, amn. I am getting over an illness myself, all weekend I had a temperature over 100, chills and body aches. Yuck! Right now I am just really congested and have a cough. Did you test yet? Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)

That's great you're bf Smooch and that she's latching on :) now that you're an experienced bfer what would you say are the essentials to purchase for breastfeeding, if anything? Also... what do you think are the essential purchases for a newborn? :)

I am hoping I feel better soon, I really want some energy to finish up baby's nursery! I also have some plans to paint two other bedrooms in our house... I think I'm "nesting" early! I have had all these projects in my head for years now, I want to implement them before he gets here!

14. Smooch

For bf definitely be sure to nurse..pump..nurse...to keep your milk up..can take upto 5 days after
    baby is born for milk yo really come in. Definitely have an electric dual pump ..medela is awesome.
    as far ad newborn essentials..lots of bottles so your not waiting on others to clean/dry.
    And also lots of sleepers...the footed kind...excellent for night time..I prefer not to swaddle when we sleep...to paranoid lol the sleepers are plenty warm enough. Those are the main things Tht we experience so far :) lots of skin to skin with baby too:) while u bf or snuggle...helps with hormones for milk and just great for u and baby.

15. TTCBean

Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it! :) What's the model of your breast pump? There are so many out there.

Are you co-sleeping?

Last night my dog woke me up barking out the window 3 separate times (lots of deer walking around)... got me thinking, he's training me for the baby! haha Is Adelyn a good night sleeper?

16. Smooch

Adelyn has been sleeping well..she's going to sleep after her feedings:)..some days she wakes for the day earlier..but its okay.
    She sleeps in her bassinet...right next to my side of the bed..so I can see her all.night lol we have a night light..to Make it easy to see her.
    My pump is the medela advanced personal double breast pump..we got it for free thru insurance ...works good....the hospital one I used was the Medela symphony ..worked great.

17. TTCBean

Aw that's great :) I got a bassinet too, he'll sleep in our room for the first couple of months, I think it will make it easier for night feedings. A night light is a good idea :)

I heard insurance can sometimes cover breast pumps, that's great yours did!! I should contact mine and see since they are very expensive, did you have to inquire?

18. Smooch

Yeah my husband contacted the insurance company ..we just faxed the script from the doctor for the pump...The doc made sure to write Adelyn had a poor latch on the script...so they sent a better electric pump:)

19. TTCBean

Thanks for the info! I have a prenatal appt. tomorrow, I'll mention it then and see what they say. I might have to wait until after he's born to "claim" anything.

20. Smooch

Yeah it most likely will be after baby is born :)