TTC clomid babies...

Lol its ok, hsg is when they insert a catheter thru the cervix and inject a dye then the dye circulates up into the uterus and fallopian tubes. They take xrays to see where the dye goes and the hope is that it shows no blockages which would prevent pregnancy.

How did your hsg go, Mks? Hope it wasnt too bad!

Great news you ovulated, Mouse!

How are things with you Babysmile?

Still no sign of Ovulation for me! Its 8 days since my last clomid tablets. I have started to use the Clearblue digital ovulation tests. I hope I get to see a smiley face. I reeeeealyy want to see that smiley face!!! :haha::dohh:

I am still so irritable and I keep having down days. Sharp twinges now and again... fingers crossed but I have a sneaky suspicion that my body isnt going to play the game properly again. :growlmad::nope:

Then what!? :shrug:

Hsg went well! No signs of any blockages which is great news. I really didn't have any pain at all with it, some cramping when the dye was inserted but all in all not bad at all. It was good too, they allowed my hubby to be in the room with me and he held my hand until they had to take the xrays, i just kept taking deep breaths. I also took a ton of ibruprofen, only was supposed to take 600mg and i took double that!!

Angel-keeping my fingers crossed for that smiley face to appear!!! I think having the twinges is def a good sign.

Mks that's great news about your hsg! ;) so glad to know about no blockages!

Angel - I'm still hanging here, not knowing if I ovulated or not. My opks (first response) have been crazy this cycle where I'll get almost a positive then the next day it's so faint can hardly see it, then back to almost a positive again . Well on cd19 I got a def positive... Than I had run out of the opks & used a cheapie I had at home & it was negative & I don't know if it's because my surge went down because I was ovulating or because it was a cheap test. Lol so yea... Next month I'm going to buy those clear blue digital with the smileys cuz the whole line thing is not working for me. I've been bd almost everyday since CD10... So if I ovulated before that than I missed my egg. Well see I'm 12 days away from my expected period so if I ovulated my on my 2ww. I really really hope this is the mOnth for all of us! You cannot give up hope girl... You will get that smiley face soon!!! Fx for u!

Mouse -hope Theres lots of BD going on there after that pos opk! ;)

Awesome - how have u been?

All other ladies on the thread how are you doing???
Baby dust to all!!!

Baby smile, the docs confirmed I ovulated on tues!!

This morning (7-8dpo) I have brown and light pink cm-is this my period coming? It's seems quite early?

Mouse-that could be good sign, it sounds like it could be implantation and i think being around 8dpo is when it could happen. Keeping everything crossed for you!!! When do you think you'll be testing?

Baby smile, the docs confirmed I ovulated on tues!!

This morning (7-8dpo) I have brown and light pink cm-is this my period coming? It's seems quite early?

Mouse! Yay! This sounds like implantation bleeding! ;) fx & praying this is it for you!!!!!! ;)

Ladies I think my period is arriving but Im only 7-10 dpo!! It started creamy brown this morning and has progressed to more of a watery brown red. There's about 3 50p coin size spots in my underwear but it's still quite light. Would u count today as cd1? And why is it so early? It's only my first cycle since coming off the pill a year ago and can't remember what a real period is like as it was about 12 years ago! Advice greatly appreciated!!

Mks- that's fan about the hsg and I'm pleased it wasn't too uncomfortable for you. So what's your plan now? Clomid start again next cycle?

Babysmile- yes, I have the same problems with the 'stripey' opks! I always blamed my PCOS and thought opks just would never work for me. I tried the Fertiluty Monitor too but same problem- I would get days and days of 'highs' but no peak. I invested in the Clearblue digital opks fit the first time and I'm really impressed with them.
I think you're still in with a chance! Youve done plenty of bd so fingers crossed!!! Any symptoms yet? What day do you plan on testing?!

Mouse- I wouldn't count that as cd1. See how it progresses. I have never had implantation bleeding but the timing and description sound similar so see how it goes. Have you had more since? Might be worth testing? I got a positive pregnancy test at 7dpo with my second son.

Would you believe I got a smiley face on my ovulation test yesterday!!! Wow! I'm thrilled! I even took a photo of it and sent it to DP who instantly misconstrued it as a pregnancy test and was 'so bowled over'he blurted it out to a friend he was with at the time! Haha After explaining things to him he was left feeling quite embarrassed! Hahaha

I'm off to buy a mooncup today. Figure they're worth a shot?

Hope you're all ok :hugs:

Angelmarie-that made me laugh, bet however he was telling was amused! It's a lot heavier today so convinced its af. The nurse called me yesterday and said the doc had said fi me to not start clomid until Monday so they can check my bloods first. In a little worried as they must be concerned to tell me to wait and come in? Although she did say 'we just want to understand a bit more about your cycles since rhinos your first one. If you tak clomid it will impact the bloods'. So if today is cd1, is starting af 8-11 dpo way too early? Do u reckon it could be just because it's my first cycle in over a year so perhaps a build up of lining that started to shed early? I wish I had answers!! So glad I can rant on here to you ladies though.

Rhinos?? Supposed to say 'this is'. I'm on my phone hence the terrible spelling and random words

:dohh: I said 'it doesn't mean we are having a baby, it means we are havin lots of sex' :haha: he didn't want to seem stupid to his friend so he waited til later then text him to say we had done other tests and it was a false positive!! :haha: such a numpty.

Don't worry about your spelling mistakes. I get exactly the same when using my phone too!

Sorry to hear that AF is probably here. I oil dnt worry in the slightest about them wanting to check your bloods though. Better for you that way anyway. If your luteal phase is short they might want to give you a supplement for next cycle- progesterone cream etc and so they need to do Bloodwork to check levels. Even waiting until Monday won't put you out for clomid this cycle. Keep your chin up. Do some googling on the effects of B-vits on the luteal phase - might be worth considering. Don't worry. See what your bloods turn up :hugs:

Thanks angelmarie. Can you please explain the issue with short Luteal phase-I mean I know if it's too short it doesn't give enough time to implant, but is it something that can be fixed relatively easily or could it result in just never getting pregnant?

Mouse- sorry to hear that af showed. That happened to md before i started clomid. A week before af was due, i had brown spotting and we thought for sure it was implantation, it never turned into what i would consider af, was never red only brown. I started using a progesterone cream a few days after ovulation but I've been slacking a little on it.

Angel- congrats on the positive opk! Happy bd'ing!!

Our plan for this cycle is to see what happens on my own. Im going to be using opk's, preseed and softcups. Buying my opks today so i can start tonight. Hubby is supposed to be going on tues for his SA but i have a feeling hes going to try to postpone it. Why are boys so difficult sometimes!? If i don't get pregnant this cycle then i'll do clomid the next cycle.

Hows everyone else doing? Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Thanks angelmarie. Can you please explain the issue with short Luteal phase-I mean I know if it's too short it doesn't give enough time to implant, but is it something that can be fixed relatively easily or could it result in just never getting pregnant?

I wouldnt worry about it at all. Its a good thing they will do bloods so they can check. I know a few ladies who have suffered from a 'luteal phase defect' and gone on to have happy, healthy babies! Its no big deal and can be 'fixed' with a progesterone cream, suppositories or there is a good argument for B6 vitamins which I believe that you take after you ovulate. Its a long time since I read some stuff on it. If I can get a chance I will look into it for you. But just google B6 and luteal phase and I am sure it will throw some stuff up for you.

Of course it might not be this at all! Have you got full flow yet? (bit personal - sorry! :blush:)

Thanks angel, really appreciate your support. Well I thought full flow had arrived this morning as the colour was dark red with very dark (borderline) black 'bits' in it However, ive hardly had anything since this morning! I just dont know whats going on with my body, I have no real periods to compare it to either since it was about 12 years ago when I had a natural one.

On a seperate note, do you know where I can buy a bbt thermometer? My last one was from boots but I had to buy a full kit which cost about £20, so dont want to do that again! Also, do you know how long theyre supposed to last?
Hows things with you?

No problem! It took me over 2 years to concieve my second son and I was utterly obsessed and did so much research that I have gleamed a fair bit of information along the way so if I can help I will!

Well if it isnt full flow yet dont count yourself out. From experience in both of my successful pregnancies, I have bled... a LOT. With my second I bled heavily for 10 weeks solid with cramping and clotting - the works but Im happy to say I have a full of life 2 year old so its not always bad. Im not trying to build your hopes up Im just saying dont get too down until you know either way - if its AF or not :hugs:

I know what you mean about not knowing normal periods. Im not sure I have ever had one! Its really frustrating :growlmad: Remind me... do you have PCOS?

I use this thermometer: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Centigrade-Ovulation-Temperature-Thermometer-fertility/dp/B002VF5MGO/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1347135886&sr=8-6

Ive used the same model for my last pregnancy and it served me well. I would recommend it. The batteries are replaceable too. Free postage from Amazon too! :hugs:

Stay positive! :flower:

Thanks, that's all really helpful. I know I should try and stay positive but it's so hard after over a year of having nothing and not even being able to try as not ovulating. I also didn't ovulate on 50mg or 100mg so I think everything combined has had an impact on me and I'm just so nervous! On now worrying that my lining is rubbish hence a fairly light and short period (and early!).

No I dont have PCOS, I was underweight for a while and highly stressed as well so doctors put my amenorrhea down to that. I'm a healthy 9stone now though so definitely not that.

Can I ask what issues you had when trying to conceive your son? I.e. why did it take 2 years? Just wondering if it was ovulation problems like me.

Hi ladies! First off I like to say this is my favorite thread!!! I love how we are all in different times of our cycles but we ate totally there for each other!

Angelmarie- Congrats on that smiley! Your story about ur hubby was too funny. Boys are so clueless sometimes. My husband loves giving his opinions on my opks.... &
I'm not even allowed to test for pregnancy when he's not there. But I do anyways... Lol because I don't want an audience when I get a bfn. =/
But now I'm waiting. We have been on a crazy bd schedule... Lol almost everyday since cd10... It is now Cd24. I will test on the 18... That's when AF is due. Hoping she doesn't show her ugly face! ;) fx for you too!!! & get that BD going girl!

Mouse sorry the witch showed! :( but focus on the good news! You have a confirmed ovulation!!! & let's focus on what to do next cycle! ;)

Mks hi Girly... How are you? So you decided no Clomid this cycle? I use softcups too... Absolutely love them! This is my First cycle using them. ;) I also used preseed this cycle but only like once or twice. Ugh the wait is killing me!!!

How is everyone else doing???
Have a great weekend!!! ;) GL & Babydust

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back