TTC dec 2015

Save the vacation time for a babymoon next year! ;) Imagine if we have October weddings AND October babies?

And I'll let you know how the wedding cake is (and the trip too!)....I'm thinking the cake will be gross but I want to take a taste anyway just for tradition's sake. I'm actually super excited to get that thing out of our freezer because it's taking up too much room even though it's only the top layer lol

Omg I know!! October anniversary and baby would be my absolute favorite!! i just cannot get enough of October! Hahaha glad someone else shares my love of it! Lol

Yes I definitely am gonna try the cake as well! I'm all about fun traditions like that! And OMG yes!! It takes up so much room in my freezer!!! So that will no doubt be nice to get out of there! Lol

Oh my xstitcher that is quite a plan!!! I think it's great that you can be so thorough in your thinking and share with your DH. I think it's about what feels best for you both, but no wrong answers xx

Teevee - Is certainly is wonderful when things feel like they are working especially as I've been worrying it might not given my health. Prenatals is such an exciting step, how are you getting on with them?

Afairchild I had to tell mine too, he said it's fate xx I'm with you in terms of no knowledge whatsoever on temping/OPK's and I'm not sure I'm going get into until we've had a go and more casually TTC given we've had all are medical testing and been told we're ok. I have the same book as you and there is a chapter all about it so plenty for you to get your head round, if you want to.

Loving that it's all step by step coming together for us all and only 11 weeks and 4 days till the 1st December :happydance:

Afairchild5 - I know, I told my husband too and he laughed and said 'small world!'. I think I'm going to stop my BC in October, as long as my blood pressure readings are good. I'm actually starting my new meds tomorrow! Yay! Fingers crossed your appointment goes well!!!

October babies would be great! My birthday is in November and there aren't many people in my family who have birthday's in October :flower: I got married in April, but our 10 year dating anniversary in November :thumbup:

My DH is so awesome about all of this, he indulges my planning side because he knows it is how I keep my brain calm and thinking through options gives me focus.

I think until December I'll hold off on OPKs and temping etc. Just keep track of my cycles using an app. Then in December I will use some OPKs (basically you pee on a stick cycle day 10 until you get a positive ovulation test) then you just have lots of sex around that particular time and hope for the best! I mostly want to take them just to prove to myself I actually AM ovulating.

The more DH and I talk about it, the more it feels right. I can't explain it, but despite some worries (and who doesn't have those!), it FEELS right for December.

Wishing October 2016 Babies for us all!!

Mrs. P: I just started the prenatals this week and so far so good! I'm used to taking a multivitamin every day so this shouldn't be too hard to keep up with.

A little update. I received a call from my gyno today that my genetic test results came back totally normal! Woo! One less thing to worry about at least!

Also, if anybody needs any advice about charting/temping feel free to ask! I'm certainly no expert, but I've been doing it since April just to get to know my cycles better and I'd be happy to help if you have any questions if you guys do decide to start charting come December!

MrsP good to know that I'm not the only one that isn't sure of all that but I will definitely have to find that chapter in the book because I would really like to learn more!

Xstitcher87 yay! That will be so awesome to go off the pills in October! Hoping for the best! I think your plan is a good idea too! That is so nice that your husband is so supportive! Mine has really come around but he's the kind of guy that can't really get excited until it's actually here and happening! And it's just about all I can think about lol! Oh and the OPKs sound really helpful! That would be nice to have...I'll actually probably start with that in December as well. October babies for all of us would be so amazing!

Teevee yay!!!! That is always such a relief to get great news like that! Happy for you!! And thank you for letting us know you can help! as soon as I get off my birth control (on the 21st eeee so soon!) I can guarantee I will probably have a lot of questions for you!! Lol like I said, I'm clueless so it would def be helpful to have someone to ask questions too! Very much appreciated!! :)

teevee - I might need your advice in December! What a relief that your tests came back all normal! One thing to tick off the list :)

DH is so supportive, but I wouldn't say he's excited. He'll definitely be more excited once it is actually all happening.

So excited for us all, it is getting closer all the time! I started my new meds today for my blood pressure and so far so good. I'm sure it will take a few days to actually see if they're working.

Tevee - good news on the prenatals! and thank you for the offer of advice, depending how things go you could find yourself bombarded lol.

Xstitcher I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you with those meds.

Afairchild I can completely relate to it just feeling right with starting in December.

So what's everyone's plans this weekend? My DH is working all weekend so as a rarity I've found myself home alone and am enjoying the quiet and freedom to still be in bed at almost 11.

Xstitcher good luck with the new medicine!!! Hoping it works perfect!

MrsP omg I think about that ALL the time! I go to bed so early because I have to be up so early for work so I'm like man I better really take advantage of this while I can! I'm definitely gonna have to go down to part time whenever we do have a baby. We wouldn't be able to afford daycare even with two full time jobs. This weekend I am pretty much just relaxing! DH works all weekend so it's just me and my dogs! Lol

Today is one of those days where I'm feeling super impatient and just wishing it was December now!!! Lol

This weekend has been lovely. DH and I took a long (almost 10 kilometres or 6.2 miles) walk around a lake in our town. It was so lovely to be in the spring sun and spending time together. Then I ended up looking after my friend's 8 yr old daughter, as her mum is in the hospital recovering from surgery and she was getting bored hanging at the hospital.

Today I caught up with a friend and her two girls (3yrs and 3 months) as she's on maternity leave at the moment. It was super fun to hang out and play on the playground with the 3 year old and the 3 month old wanted lots of cuddles.

I am dropping a friend to the bus station later today. In the meantime I'm going to tidy up my craft supplies and do a little housework, once I've measured my blood pressure.

So far so good with the new meds! All measurements have been around 120/80 which is perfect :) So far I'm on track to cease taking my BC in October!

I am also feeling super impatient today! Afairchild5 - I am also planning to go part time at least for a little bit after baby. Depends on childcare places being available and being able to afford it of course! I get pretty generous maternity leave, 3 months at full pay or 6 months half pay. Half pay for 6 months will be good, as that will cover our rent for that fortnight. Then I get 18 weeks at minimum wage from the government. I will take some unpaid leave after that. We're hoping to have our car loan paid off before then so we can reduce our expenses as much as possible.

I feel like there is a lot to tick off, but at the same time I know we'll just make it work, whatever the circumstances are financially. My parents raised 5 kids on less than what I make and definitely less than what DH makes. It isn't a lot compared to many others, but we do okay.

Afairchild - our weekend sounds very similar, what type of dogs do you have? We have a beautiful Siberian husky who has been our baby for the past 8 years and a grey tabby cat.

Xstitcher that sounds like a beautiful weekend and so weird to think your just going into spring when here autumn's just breaking through. Australia has been on my wish list for quite some time and with our current plans shall remain there for some time ha, DH loves it though he's been 8/9 times now.

Like you've both said I have no plans to return full time, my mat package is the same xstitcher so I'll have the full year off and then return maybe 3 days a week. We've tried to be as organised as possible whilst WTT so by December we will have no debts/ loans at the moment were paying off the last bit of our honeymoon. We've looked at all the online calculators and have put by an amount for all the things we will need to buy for baby and nursery and then hope to continue to save as we have been throughout pregnancy to add to the mat pay whilst I'm off. Childcare here is around £600 a month for full time so will be cheaper for us to reduce my hours, which at the moment feels crazy and I'm super nervous about that side of things as I love what I do and spent a lot of time at uni to get where I am :-/ but I know once baby is here I'll not want to leave him/her.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekends! Mine was pretty busy. Some of DH's extended family came to visit from overseas, so we spent most of Saturday with them. And yesterday we attended a baptism for one of our friend's kids.

Xstitcher: glad things are going well so far with your BP readings!

Afairchild/Mrs.P: Another dog mom here! I have a 5 month old goldendoodle. I love her SO much, but it's been quite an adjustment as DH and I both have never had a dog before. He grew up without any pets and I only had cats (which are much easier to deal with lol) as a kid. She's so rambunctious that we feel like she's really preparing us for having kids LOL

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA...I've been kind of blah lately :/...but before I get in to all that...

I loveeee to hear about yall pets!! I have a cavapoo (half cavalier/half poodle) and cavachon (half cavalier/ half bichon) and they are just my little babies!!! Love them so much! It's so funny because my husband really wants a big dog next and I would love a husky or German shepherd so I'm jealous of you mrsP! I bet your husky is gorgeous! But teevee I am DYING to have a golden doodle!!! I think they are such beautiful dogs!! I completely understand what you're saying tho because I never had any animals whatsoever growing up! My husband grew up with cats and dogs tho so before him I wasn't really even an animal person! Now I couldn't imagine my life without my dogs! I'm one of those people now! Hahaha

I hope that everyone had a good weekend! Mine was pretty crappy honestly lol. I don't have dental insurance but I've known that I needed to go to the dentist. Well I went and apparently my mouth is all jacked up. I have TMJ so that doesn't help things but I need a couple of root canals and some fillings and maybe a tooth pulled and because I don't have dental insurance the whole thing would come out to $11,000. Of course I was bawling and freaking out on my way home because that's obviously not possible but my husband calmed me down and was really sweet and said that in January I can get on his dental insurance through his plan and it should make everything a lot cheaper. That's really good and everything but I'm devastated because now I feel like I shouldn't start TTC in December. every book or article I've seen says to make sure you are good when it comes to your mouth before getting pregnant. So I don't really know what to do. Just sad and feeling really down right now :/

I LOVE Cavapoos! They are just the cutest! I do love my goldendoodle too :) She's gorgeous and has the best demeanor. She loves all humans lol

So sorry to hear about your crappy weekend though! I haven't been to the dentist in years so I'm definitely dreading going myself. It's RIDICULOUS how expensive it is for every procedure too. I've heard the same about dental work before pregnancy but think you should look into it a little more because I don't think it's totally out of the question. I think certain things like x-ray's are not a good idea but I think certain procedures are okay. I'd definitely do a little more research. Buttttt, even if you do wait until January when you can get on DH's insurance, that's only one month later than you wanted to TTC originally. I know it's disappointing but one month will go by so quick!

Oh thank you so much for your sweet words! I really appreciate it...definitely gives me some hope to keep researching for sure! I was just so upset and kind of gave up there for a second. It is SO ridiculous how expensive the dentist is!! That's exactly why I hadn't been in so long! Every time I go it makes me so mad but now I'm kicking myself for not going sooner! My friend at work did tell me about a place that is close to us that does late nights and is reasonably priced...so I am going to look into that and really hope for the best. Thanks again for making it not seem so hopeless! I'm really going to look into it!

Your trip is coming up soon right?! Are you getting super excited? You're going to have such a good time!

Oh and I'll have to post a picture of my dogs sometime! my cavapoo is my little baby! Lol :)

Afairchild5 - I am so sorry to hear about your crappy weekend. As far as I know (I got this info from an Aust government website) and it said that it is best to have elective procedures done before you TTC, like teeth whitening etc, BUT most necessary treatments are fine as long as you tell your dentist you are pregnant or could be pregnant. I would take a deep breath, wait to get your treatment on your husband's insurance so you can pick a decent dentist. There is no danger to you getting some treatment even IF you fall pregnant in the first month and they may just delay some work until you're in the second trimester.

My week has been okay, my blood pressure isn't really coming back down to what it should, but I will discuss that with the doctor when I go back. I had a bit of a meltdown but my husband talked sense and said that it won't affect his support of me going off the pill in October. So now I'm feeling more positive and relaxed.

Awww xstitcher87 thank you so so much for being so positive and helpful as well! It really makes me feel better to hear that. I just am so excited and don't want anything to get in the way so lately I've just been SO overly anxious about everything! Thank you thank you tho, it definitely helps.

I am kind of irritated because I got my birth control out (that was NOT fun lol) and of course immediately after I started my period and then also my doctor only gave me like 3 weeks worth of prenatal vitamins as like some samples and said she would write me a prescription later. And I'm like ummm when later....???? Sooo that was really annoying. I'll prob just buy the ones they have at the store and take those.

Oh and xstitcher im so sorry your blood pressure isn't cooperating right now but that is so sweet that your husband is so supporitive! I'm really glad that he agrees that you should still get off of your birth control in October. I know your doctor will definitely be able to figure it all out and get you exactly where you want to be! :) and gosh October is RIGHT around the corner so you will be off of them so soon!! I completely understand what a pain health issues can be tho! I'm trying to just stop stressing about my health in all aspects because it's probably making things worse for me! It's so hard having to deal with that crap but we can do it!!! :D

I know, I am also anxious that nothing gets in the way of our TTC plans! Thankfully my husband says the only thing that would get in the way is if something really drastic happened, like one of us lost our jobs (highly unlikely to happen) or got diagnosed with something ultra-serious (also highly unlikely). So I'm sure my dr will figure it all out. Only 2 weeks and 5 days until I finish my BC!!!!!!! WOO!!!!!!

How weird your doctor didn't give you at least 3 months worth. Although in saying that, I've never heard of requiring a prescription for prenatals in Australia. I take Elevit, which is available at the chemists. I just talk to the pharmacist and she just hands over the box!

We can do it and I keep telling myself that I am not only doing these things for me, I'm doing them for the baby too. Same as I am REALLY craving junk food at the moment (I do when I'm stressed) but I haven't caved too much, although, after donating blood yesterday I did take the complimentary cookie they offered and a tiny mars bar.....but I possibly saved up to three lives with my donation, so I figured it was justified :p

It was the last donation I can make now until 9 months after pregnancy. They won't take your blood when you're TTC or while you're pregnant (obviously, lol).

I have been feeling a bit spacey the last couple of days, I'm hoping it was just period related and not medication side effects. The next week will tell I suppose.

I am so excited it is almost all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I'm going insane.

Yay!!!!! That is so exciting! Man you're gonna be off BC so soon! It seems like time is going so fast but then it feels like December is too far away lol! I want it now!!

Yeah regarding the prenatals I was just planning on going to the store and buying some and then she had made the comment about prescribing me some and I was like okay cool! I guess the samples she gave me must be like super legit lol...its two big horse pills a day. I'm still probably just going to buy my own and start them on October 1st bc it's kind of pointless for me to just take those for 15 days and then have to switch to something else!

I have been trying to be pretty healthy as well and it's all because of wanting a baby so bad I think! I have really really really cut back on the junk food I think! I think I may have lost a couple more lbs so that's good...I just don't really see it gone anywhere tho lol! I got my blood drawn yesterday and Thursday I get my results so hopefully it's good news!!

Oh my gosh I know exactly what you mean about being spacey! I seriously

Shoot I accidentally sent that before I was finished! But anyways I have been so stressed that I feel like I was making myself sick! It was horrible! I feel better now that my appointment is over tho so hopefully I just get good news!! Wishing you luck with your dr appointment too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->