TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

Congrats Fleur!!!! I'm so excited for you! I was gone all week on a small family road trip so missed out on all the updates. My birthday was also on July 10th and was realyl excited to hear that a fellow conker has a baby that shares the day!! Congrats again Fleur and can't wait to check out your pics on facebook!

Hi girls, thanks for your lovely messages! We are now home and very happy (albeit tired!!) - we have named him Jack with Henry as a middle name. He is really chilled out so far, although I am under no illusions!!!!

I'm feeling really good. Can't remember if I said (you might want to cross your legs now!!) but I ended up having to go into theatre to have a tear fixed. They thought it was 3rd degree but it is actually only 2nd which is good. I had the same with dd. this time I had to have a spinal block though - weirdest thing in the world!! Anyway it seems to be healing ok (!) - haven't been for a poo yet!!! Arghhhhh!!

Anyway hope you're all good xxx

Yay! So glad Jack is doing well! Ouch to the tear! I had a c-section with both my girls so I wouldn't know how it feels, but I hope its not too bad. Spinal blocks are definitely weird. It sucks when you're waiting for it to wear off and you just can't get your legs to move! I hope Jack stays pretty calm for you so you can get some rest. I don't know if you've tried this, but I found walking around really helped me get the poo going! Good luck!!! :hugs:

Ahhh the glamorous side of having babies! Sorry to hear about the tear, I had a c section with Freya too but have a few friends who couldn't sit down easily for a few weeks and I remember being terrified of the first poo!

Love love love the name and seen the gorgeous photos on your Facebook. Congrats Fleur I'm thrilled for you.

I got my peak today and a very positive ic opk so we are in business!! Great handover timing!!

Thanks girls!! Spinal block is the weirdest thing - when I saw my legs flung up high but they feel like they're still on the bed - wtf is that all about??!!

We had a mw appt this avo so I'm now armed with lactulose - wish me luck!!

She also did the usual newborn paediatrician checks that we would've had done in hospital but the doctor went AWOL so they said we could do with our community midwife... Well I wish we had stayed and waited for the paed in hospital as the mw said she could hear a murmur on jack's heart :-( apparently it is common and usually nothing to worry about but we have to see the gp tomorrow and then if they hear it/think it needs looking into we will get referred back to the paediatrician. I'm really shit scared as you can imagine - I love him so, so much and the thought of anything being wrong with his heart is completely terrifying... I'm trying to stay calm until we have seen the doctor anyway. And I have googled and it seems it is very common and he has no other symptoms of heart problems but still so worrying. Why is life never simple??!!

Mrs w I'm so excited for you - freaky perfect timing of our handover! Keeping everything crossed for you hon xxxx

Oh gosh Fleur I'm so sorry you've had this scare. I'm sure it's nothing, as you say it's really common and midwives are probably extra cautious becuase it isn't their speciality but of course completely understand why you feel so worried. We would all feel the same way. At least the appointment is tomorrow so you don't have long to wait and if they are worried you'll be referred very quickly. I'm sure your gorgeous little jack is perfect. Xx

Oh Fluer I Adam so sorry you have this worry! I am sure all will be well. Xoxo

How are you doing MrsW? O yet?

Twinklie had my pos opk yesterday so probably oving today or tomorrow!

I know we've been joking about this cycle being lucky but deep down I just can't imagine ever having a bfp again!

Hi girls just to say we took Jack to the gp and he couldn't hear any murmur at all. So, so relieved!! He said the little valves can just take a couple of days to close up and it probably closed overnight. So I feel very relieved. I could've hugged him!! This is the same man who told me I was having a huge baby two weeks ago that I wanted to thump (he was right!)

Anyway just wanted to let you all know! Thanks for your sweet messages. I love you guys!!

Mrs w - go get dtd!!! That bfp has your name on it

Xx

MrsW, I think we all know that feeling. It WILL happen! Xoxo

Fluer so glad all is well!

Glad to hear all is going well Fleur! He's beautiful!

I had a murmur at birth. Never had an issue since and it's gone. Glad they hear nothing on him, though! My mom always said it just caused her needless worry with no side effects on me lol.

I can't deliver in a tub at the center but can labor in one. Am looking forward to that, though I wish I could fully deliver in it! But at this rate we have to hope I can make it long enough to deliver at the center LOL. You've given me hope to get beyond 36 weeks Fleur! ;)

Good luck MrsW! Keeping everything crossed for you!

I also have a small murmur. Once when I was in my mid teens the doctor had me go get an EKG but nothing ever came of it. Sometimes I think we know too much with technology, just means more to worry over in some cases!

Fleur what a huge relief, I'm so glad all is ok with jack and his heart. <3 enjoy your newborn snuggles x

Thanks girls. It was a huge, huge relief!

Swann I didn't realise you had a preemie too... I hope your pregnancy this time lasts longer as it's not much fun having an early baby. Although hoping it doesn't last as long as mine did!!!

Can definitely recommend the birthing pool for labour - it really helped with the pain!

X

I'm so glad it turned out to be a false alarm Fleur. Xxx

Mrsw this cycle has been so in synch...it has got to be your turn, we have everything crossed for you xxx

I agree pk! So hope so mrs w - keeping everything crossed.

Girls we are on page 200!! Can you believe it!!!! X

Oh fleur what a relief on the heart murmur!! So glad Jack is doing well!

Like swan I can labor in a tub but the hospital doesn't do the actual delivery in the tub. :( I got an epidural last time so I wouldn't be able to be in the tub after the epidural anyway. Who knows what this labor will bring!

So whose next? Rischick?

Fleur -- yup, she came just shy of 36 weeks, so now I have to have an assessment on the 11th to get a cervical ultrasound and a consult about how they'll try and keep this one in longer. I've been warned it'll be a whole lot of "what if" talk that'll make me super paranoid, and a lot of "worst case scenario" conversation. I'm pretty anxious about it, tbh. I know they're being proactive but the more people I ask about it, the more negative things I hear about their experiences with it! :rofl:

If this one can stay in until at least 36 weeks, I would be ever-so-grateful. :) I want to avoid a hospital birth at all costs, and of course, want baby to just be healthy and ready. lol!

Do you know why she came early swan? My dd arrived early and no one could tell me why... I didn't have an infection, hadn't got cervical weakness, there was no obvious reason - some babies just come early... I even asked her in the end as no one else could give me a reason - ha! She looked at me like I was mad and just said she didn't know ;-)

I was really worried all pregnancy about another early baby, it's only natural, but I read that if your baby arrived later than 32 weeks the first time the chances of another preemie next time are lower than if you had an earlier preemie, if that makes sense, so chances are you will be ok and we will be on labour watch for you too in a few months!!!!

It's great that they're taking good care of you anyway, I had one consultant appt where they basically said - no reason for another early one and sent me on my way! Luckily it turned out that was the right thing to do ;-) I hope they don't freak you out anyway. My (professional - ha!) opinion would be to try and take everything as easy as poss over the next few months and keep stress levels low. I left work really early but I'm sure that helped me as I relaxed as soon as I was on maternity leave and - well - you know the rest!

Hugs xxx keep us posted after your appt.

Yes - ricschick - you must be close to popping?!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->