TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

September babies!!! How lovely!!!!!!

I cannot believe it... when it rains, it pours! :dance::happydance::dance::happydance:

So that's 12th, 13th & 14th September?! Wow, that's amazing. It's must be a lucky thread! Lets hope we are on a roll with more bfps in the new year!

Happy new year conkers! Xx

Happy New Years Conkers! May there be many more BFPs in 2014! Xo

Happy new year ladies, sending tons of :dust: to those of you waiting for BFPs. So looking forward to going through this journey with you all :flower:

How is everybody getting on? Please keep updating us preggos and letting us know how you and your beans are doing?
Any bump pics yet? :winkwink:

So af has gone for me and I'm working out my strategy for this cycle. I'm going to try and follow smep this month and my opk's (all 100 of them!) arrived this morning.
I'm on cd 7 so will start bd'ing every other day from tomorrow.
I'm slightly worried as dh goes away with work on cd 18 until cd 22 this month so I'm hoping to see o before he goes?
So the plan is to start opk's on cd 10. What does everybody recommend in terms of times to use opk's? Would you suggest doing more than 1 per day?
I'm also thinking to try and get in more am bd'ing as I've heard successes from this from a few people, it is tricky with a little one though?

hi girls!

Happy new year!!

PK sounds like you have a good military plan of action for this month :) I think cd10 sounds good to me for starting OPK. I've never used OPK myself as I got a CBFM but I've heard its good to do them a couple of times a day - maybe once in the morning and once in the afternoon? Hopefully it will be very clear when you are at peak ovulation so you dont need to worry about doing lots of peeing on sticks (As fun as that is!!!!) Hopefully you will ovulate before cd18 so you dont need to worry about your hubby going away but even if he is away you always have a chance to catch the egg!

All good with me - I put my work clothes back on today for the first time in nearly 2 weeks and they're sooo tight so I need to get some more maternity clothes pronto (the ones from my last pregnancy are soooo stretched and horrid)! I also told my new manager this morning my news and it was taken very well considering I've been doing my new job for approx 2 weeks!! She was actually lovely about it so i feel a lot happier now its official at work and like i can tell the world once we've finished telling our closest friends.

Also one of my work chums told me she is going to start ttc this year, i'm ridiculously excited for her! She said they are going to ntnp to start with and I'm there going on about CBFM's and all the rest of it!! hope I didnt freak her out!!! :)

xx

Princess I have done smep both times I have got pregnant so it's a winner for me, hopefully it will be for you too!!

This time round we bd-ed every other day from cd 8 plus in the morning on the day of ov. I used opks and I peed morning and when I got home from work each day from about cd 10 if you have enough to use. If not do one a day and when you get a faint line start doing 2 or 3 a day until you get a positive. To be honest mine never went very dark but it was faint, then darker, darker and then gone so I assumed I had ov-ed.

Ooh I hope you ov before hubs goes away then. I ov around cd21 but I have a 33-34 day cycle. Fingers crossed you'll ov around cd14 so you know you've covered all bases before he goes. Like Fleur said though if you dtd enough before he goes and when he gets back you've still got a chance!!

Fleur it must be a nice feeling that its official at work. I'm dreading telling my boss which is silly as I'm only maternity cover in her department until April so she won't care, I won't be working for her soon anyway. I've probably done work a favour as they don't need to give me a new project now until I come back after baby!! Either way it will be a relief when she knows and my team know!!

Let me know if you get any good new mat stuff as I'm going to keep my eyes open for some new stuff as well because mine will be humongous after my last 42 week pregnancy haha!!

How's everyone else getting along? Any news or symptoms or anything?

hi girls!

Happy new year!!

PK sounds like you have a good military plan of action for this month :) I think cd10 sounds good to me for starting OPK. I've never used OPK myself as I got a CBFM but I've heard its good to do them a couple of times a day - maybe once in the morning and once in the afternoon? Hopefully it will be very clear when you are at peak ovulation so you dont need to worry about doing lots of peeing on sticks (As fun as that is!!!!) Hopefully you will ovulate before cd18 so you dont need to worry about your hubby going away but even if he is away you always have a chance to catch the egg!

All good with me - I put my work clothes back on today for the first time in nearly 2 weeks and they're sooo tight so I need to get some more maternity clothes pronto (the ones from my last pregnancy are soooo stretched and horrid)! I also told my new manager this morning my news and it was taken very well considering I've been doing my new job for approx 2 weeks!! She was actually lovely about it so i feel a lot happier now its official at work and like i can tell the world once we've finished telling our closest friends.

Also one of my work chums told me she is going to start ttc this year, i'm ridiculously excited for her! She said they are going to ntnp to start with and I'm there going on about CBFM's and all the rest of it!! hope I didnt freak her out!!! :)

xx
Thanks Fleur!
I'm glad telling work went ok.
Bless you scaring the colleague with all your ttc talk!! Bet she's excited.

Princess I have done smep both times I have got pregnant so it's a winner for me, hopefully it will be for you too!!

This time round we bd-ed every other day from cd 8 plus in the morning on the day of ov. I used opks and I peed morning and when I got home from work each day from about cd 10 if you have enough to use. If not do one a day and when you get a faint line start doing 2 or 3 a day until you get a positive. To be honest mine never went very dark but it was faint, then darker, darker and then gone so I assumed I had ov-ed.

Ooh I hope you ov before hubs goes away then. I ov around cd21 but I have a 33-34 day cycle. Fingers crossed you'll ov around cd14 so you know you've covered all bases before he goes. Like Fleur said though if you dtd enough before he goes and when he gets back you've still got a chance!!

Fleur it must be a nice feeling that its official at work. I'm dreading telling my boss which is silly as I'm only maternity cover in her department until April so she won't care, I won't be working for her soon anyway. I've probably done work a favour as they don't need to give me a new project now until I come back after baby!! Either way it will be a relief when she knows and my team know!!

Let me know if you get any good new mat stuff as I'm going to keep my eyes open for some new stuff as well because mine will be humongous after my last 42 week pregnancy haha!!

How's everyone else getting along? Any news or symptoms or anything?
thank you mrs w :flower: I have 100 opk's!!!:wacko: so I figure I can do 2 a day from day 10? I think we are going to start with the bd'ing tonight (cd7) and do alternate days from then as then if I haven't seen o by the day dh goes away bd'ing will be due that day, if that makes sense? This month may be a practice but I'm getting more excited about it!

I found it knackering dtd every other day haha, I'm so lazy! But I think it works! X

PK: With OPKs I seem to have quite a long surge so I found taking one a day early evening caught it (around 5pm usually) but I know some ladies take 2 especially if their surge is shorter. I'd start with 2 like Mrs W said and see how that works for you, fc you won't need to worry about next cycle anyway :winkwink:
Fleur and Mrs W glad the pregnancies are going well, i'm kinda dreading telling work as i'll be the 5th person pregnant at the moment (we only have about 40 employees in total but the only man is our gardener so we tend to have baby booms quite often lol!) but oh well they'll just have to deal ;)
Not much to report so far, just on mad knicker watch cos part of me thinks AF is gonna crash my party any minute :nope: My ic is a fair bit darker today so that makes me happy, can't wait for my digis to come to see it in words :happydance:

PK I always had a pretty long surge where once a day would catch it.... Except this time! I totally missed it this time. So I wish I had tested with OPKs more often. I was running out and being stingy. I would do morning and afternoon until you get closer to O and then maybe even do morning afternoon and night. Missing my surge was so frustrating so I don't want that to happen to you... Unless it results in a BFP!!!!

Hi ladies! I know I've been away a few weeks. I had to come to terms with the fact that I can't ovulate on my own and will now have to take clomid. I went to see an obgyn and she was very nice. She took a bunch of tests and is also planning an hsg. After seeing her, we got busy with the holidays and tried to relax.
Anyways, I'm totally fine and accepting the fact that my body doesn't work the greatest on its own. I am currently on CD4 and will be taking my first clomid tablet tomorrow morning.
I went back a few weeks and saw that there are quite a few congratulations in order! Momwife, Buttercup, Jokerette and Twinklie!!! Wow! I missed a lot!! I'm hoping thats the start of the rest of our BFPs!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New year!!!

Welcome back Hope! And thank you. So glad you got the help you need, FX it results in a BFP this month!!! Xoxo

Thanks for the opk advice! :flower:

Hi hope! I'm glad you are trying something new to help with o. I hope the clomid works quickly for you, I've heard good things from loads of people about it.

Cd8
We started bd'ing last night and this months resolution is to enjoy each time we do and try not to fall into the habit of doing it for the sake of ttc!

Welcome back Hope. I'm sorry for the clomid, but I'm so happy you have an answer and get to come back to us :hugs:

Thanks ladies! I took the first pill of clomid today. Hoping for positive results!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->