TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

My doctor didn't seem overly concerned, said it was good it was increasing, but he is just my primary care doctor not specializing in fertility so sometimes I feel like I know more than him. He did want me to retest.

I did my first opk this morning. I actually had a faint line. Not even a squinter. Just very faint. I guess that means that I do ovulate, which is good. Not that I questioned it.

To be honest, I have read so many people saying that opks didn't work for them, so when I used it this morning, I wasn't expecting it to work hahaha :haha: So silly.

I am happy to see that on CD 10, my LH is already risen enough to give a faint response on the cheap opk?!?!?! We bd tonight, as it is the other day in our "every other day" plan. It's *my* plan, I should say. I still want to keep it spicy and exciting for dh, so I didn't chart a schedule or anything that way things are still fun for the hubby. I have a picture of the stick in case by tomorrow the line has changed (it says it can only be read in the first 24 hours or something like that). I can post when I have a few to go by (but I don't know how to post pics on here)

Hopefully tomorrow proves to be darker.

I should also say that there is something satisfying about peeing on a stick without worrying about the response on it. Does that make sense? My heart was racing when I POAS for pregnancy. Then the negative answer broke me. With this, it is just a little fun science experiment. Of course, I am excited to see line progression towards ovulation, but this seems much less intense. Just fun?!?!?!? Anyone else get that? :shrug: hahah

My doctor didn't seem overly concerned, said it was good it was increasing, but he is just my primary care doctor not specializing in fertility so sometimes I feel like I know more than him. He did want me to retest.

I'm so sorry for the confusing number. Hopefully it truly is nothing of concern. Just a normal/natural slow down :shrug:

Sending you lots of love and :hugs: When is your next test?:hugs::hugs:

Thanks Tiger. I will test again tomorrow, hopefully even though it will be Friday then can give me the results the same day.

Tiger I believe there's almost always a faint line on opks becayse women always have LH in their system. It's the surge that causes the egg to pop out :) so look for a nice dark line then you can expect you ovulate the day or two after that.

Oh man... I guess I figured that, but I was hoping it was a good sign hahah... that's ok. I am still just glad to see I have something going on in my body. Even if it's a baseline hormone level :haha:

Oh well! Hopefully tomorrow proves to be darker. We definitely aren't starting the daily bd'ing or anything. I was just excited to see a response on the opk. We are still set for every other day.

A response is definitely a good thing!!!! FX for baby dust and ovulation soon!! My first month opking it was such a relief too!

I felt exactly the same Tiger...I expected absolutely nothing like on all the hpts I did last cycle. I liked seeing a tiny line. I've seen mine are definitely darker on a morning, but I'm never using fmu? Xxx

Yay for opks Tiger! Hope you get a super dark one soon!

Cd15
Eeeeeeeek just got a super dark opk at 9am....not fmu though. So now I will bd 3 days in a row, which is perfect as dh leaves in 3 days so we will just fit it in! :yipee: We won't be able to do the final leave a day and then one more for luck though.
But now I'm worrying, so I've got the dark line this morning but we can't bd until tonight and we didnt do yesterday it was the day before so will I miss it?? Or does it happen after the opk positive?? Help from the opk experts please?! Xxx

Apparently the pos opk indicates you will ov in the next 24 ish hours so you should be ok, it takes the egg 24 hours to travel down the tube to your womb o you'll have a great chance. Good luck xx

Agreed. The OPK means you will ovulate in 24 to 48 hours. You have some time!

Cd15
Eeeeeeeek just got a super dark opk at 9am....not fmu though. So now I will bd 3 days in a row, which is perfect as dh leaves in 3 days so we will just fit it in! :yipee: We won't be able to do the final leave a day and then one more for luck though.
But now I'm worrying, so I've got the dark line this morning but we can't bd until tonight and we didnt do yesterday it was the day before so will I miss it?? Or does it happen after the opk positive?? Help from the opk experts please?! Xxx

How perfect is that!!!!!! Someone was looking out for you :hugs:

You ovulate roughly 24-36 hours after that blazing dark result, so you are totally fine!! They say to bd for three days after anyway, right?!?!? I think you are totally perfect :)

CD 11: The line was slightly darker still. Still faint, so I think I don't have to worry about not seeing that dark line. I should get it.

I don't know why I thought that I wouldn't have results with the opks, but I am happy to be proven wrong. Things tend not to work for me: I can't poas until after my missed period, my electronics always break right after the warranty, my cars are always lemons, etc. I just go into new things assuming they don't work.

This seems to work.

I can't wait for that dark line in a few days!!! :) I typically ovulate on cd14, so I should probably get a dark line tomorrow or the next day?!?!?! If it takes 24-36 hours for ovulation to occur after a positive opk

Glad the OPKs are working Tiger! I tended to get a positive two days before my ovulation date but I am sure everyone is different.

I think that sounds like what most people get. It seem like it is the normal. I hope that's mine too

I don't know if they really gradually get darker or if they just BAM! Positive! I should be seeing it tomorrow or the next day for a 14th day ovulation, so we will see! Excited :)

Cd15
Yay!!! you should be golden BDing tonight, tomorrow, and the next day!!!

CD 11: The line was slightly darker still. Still faint, so I think I don't have to worry about not seeing that dark line. I should get it.

I don't know why I thought that I wouldn't have results with the opks, but I am happy to be proven wrong. Things tend not to work for me: I can't poas until after my missed period, my electronics always break right after the warranty, my cars are always lemons, etc. I just go into new things assuming they don't work.

This seems to work.

I can't wait for that dark line in a few days!!! :) I typically ovulate on cd14, so I should probably get a dark line tomorrow or the next day?!?!?! If it takes 24-36 hours for ovulation to occur after a positive opk

You guys are all syncing up cycles!!

Glad the OPKs are working Tiger! I tended to get a positive two days before my ovulation date but I am sure everyone is different.
For me, I usually O'd the day after the positive morning opk, or two days after. But one time I didnt Ovulate until 5 DAYS after!! I could tell from my temps. it was an exhausting several days of Bding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->