TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

I really respect vegetarians with principles Tiger and I think it's sweet how your family support you :cloud9:
I'm not a big meat eater, but I love fish...do you eat fish tiger?

I won't be finding out the gender mrsw. I didn't with f and the surprise was just amazing. This time I would love a girl, but I know dh would love a boy so either way will be amaz.ing I'm sure! Xxx

I don't eat fish, but I have to admit that there are times I miss seafood. Lobster, particularly! haha I didn't really have it often... actually only 2-3 times in my life, but it was nice.

I also miss the "convenience" of meat. Meat is already "flavored" naturally, so you don't necessarily need a ton of stuff to flavor the dish. To prepare vegetarian meals, I feel like it takes too much planning, and it's tough to not over do it with salt. Tofu has little flavor, and the preflavored stuff is super high in sodium and chemicals (luckily I have extremely low blood pressure, but the dh doesn't...). That's where garlic and onion would come into play. They are such good flavor tools, but we can't have them in my in-laws house.

I love it 99%, but that 1% is for packing a lunch, for instance, or wanting a lazy night.

Ugh, such a busy time with work yesterday. I make my own hours and work mostly from home, but still tedious! :brat:

No news here. I think the faint line was a blue-dye-fluke. I'm 99% sure I should have my period within an hour or two. Can just... feel it. :shrug: So, on to cycle 8, it is! I'm disappointed, obviously, but... can't change facts. I just hope if she's insisting on coming, she hurries because I have a friend coming to spend the day with us and she's not someone I want knowing about TTC and I don't know how emotional I will/will not get when the :witch: arrives. So if she could wait, or not even come at all, that would be awesome -- but I'm not hopeful for the latter!

I was a vegetarian in college, but I was definitely not an educated one and I gained a ton of weight because I ate like crap. Lived off starch and no family members were vegetarians nor did they "cater" to it when I would visit or stay with them. It was brutal. I gave it back up for bacon. :rofl: I respect the views on either side of the fence and I think if I went back to it, I'd definitely educate myself on how to do it properly.

MrsW, Twink; how are you two feeling? You've both been on my minds so much as I keep hoping and hoping for :bfp:s for you both! xoxo

How are our pregnant ladies feeling? Exciting -- a gender scan! Can't wait to hear the results!

I have a girl and would be over the moon for one or the other, at this point. I just want a take-home-baby. LOL. Though sometimes I teeter, as I'd love a boy for C's sake... he loves having a girl but he's also so close with his dad that I know he'd love to have that relationship with a boy too. And girls are EXPENSIVE. But A having a sister would be fun too. So really, I'd be happy with either and so would he.

hi girls

swan - you're not out til you're out so fingers crossed for you. I was convinced AF was coming the day before I found out with this pregnancy (and in fact with dd too) so you just never know! Its hard when you have friends coming to stay - I did too and ended up having to tell them that day that I had found out i was pregnant! they were very sweet about it. But hard if you dont want to tell someone.

I think I'd struggle to be a veggie although I like the idea of it. I'm far too lazy for it though and as you say tiger, i think it does take a lot more effort.

keeping fingers crossed for those in 2ww - i really hope we see some more bfps this month - they've been coming in thick and fast recently!!!

I dont know what I'm having although I would put money on a boy. I dont know why, i just feel it and I've been openly saying it this time. I felt the same with my dd that i was having a girl although I didnt really say that to anyone last time around. Whenever anyone said 'oh you're definitely having a boy' when I was having dd it would really irritate me and now I feel the same whenever anyone says 'you're having a girl' - anyway we'll see! I really dont mind with either - I'm an only child so have no point of reference really. I can see it would be nice for DD to have a sister as sisters can be so close, but then its nice for DH to have a boy. Either is 100% fine!

I'm good - I feel like I'm getting quite big now and I had to give in and buy some maternity tights yesterday (i'd been trying to get away with a larger size up til now but they were cutting into the bump too much) - £6 a pair!!!!!! daylight robbery :) I love buying maternity clothes but tights are soooo boring (but necessary I guess).

Anyway keep us posted swan - am keeping everything crossed for you! XX

Swan, you are so not out!!! Don't give up yet! I hope you have a nice visit with your friend....and that you get a BFP! Have you tested again yet?

I'm hanging in there, trying to plod through the TWW. Have kept up my exercise pretty well. I have had some cadbury mini eggs which I can't resist this time of year... that maybe could be the cause of some of the GI issues (gassy, consitpated) I've had the past two days? Maybe I'll try skipping them today to see if I feel better. But I love chocolate! haha

MrsW - how are you?

Pregnant ladies, how are you feeling? What's your next pregnancy milestone?

oooo Swan I have everything crossed for you that you are wrong?? It seems that everyone feels af is coming as an early pg sign :wacko: When will you test again?

Glad you are keeping busy twinklie :hugs:

All quiet over hear, my first appointment is booked for March 18th, but it is just a booking in app with the midwife so wont be anything exciting. I will not be teeling anyone until after that. xxx

Nothing exciting for me.

My first visit is March 17th, and it's with my OBGYN. I am calling today to find out what kind of appointment it is (ultrasound, etc), because all I want to do, more than anything, is hear that heartbeat!

As far as symptoms go, I've been moody, a little gagging, but still no true morning sickness. I basically have to eat 6 small meals a day otherwise hunger makes me a bit queezy. Still bb tenderness, dreaming, lots of cm, some low back pain, but nothing severe right now, fatigue, but nothing that screams "PREGNANT!" I seem to be peeing more frequently as the last few days, which is saying something considering how often I was already going beginning about 3 weeks pregnant.

Looking forward to that appointment...

Looks like we have two appointments to hear about in our group soon...March 17th and 18th! Only about two weeks away!

Hey ladies,

It's really good to see the conkers thread busy with loads of chatting again! I'm going to try and reply to everything but forgive me if I miss anything as I'm feeling really rough today.

Swan like the others say you are not out until she arrives and so many of the signs she's about to come could also be preggo signs! When is she due and when are you going to test again? Exciting, keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Fleur I'm excited to see if you are rig about having a boy. Do you have names picked out for both gender or not yet? It took us ages to agree on a boys name! I agree though once you have a baby you can't really loose on gender next time round, either you get the same again which is amazing and fab for baby #1 to have a little best friend <3 or you get one of each, perfect either way I think.

Twink I love mini eggs!!! Mmmmm! Sorry you are feeling gassy etc and hope it goes away soon, unless its an early pregnancy symptom!! Keep us updated on how you are feeling.

Pk and tiger looking forward to your preggo updates and hearing about your booking in appointments. Tiger that sounds good that you have some symptoms reminding you that you are pregnant if you think about it but nothing making you feel really really awful. I hope you escape any serious morning sickness.

As for me I have made up a song today. Ladies please chant with me.......

I hate
I hate
I hate
The two week wait!!!

I hate, I hate, I HATE the two week wait!!!!

Everything I feel has to be analysed. If I have back ache at any other time of the month I don't even think about it. But because I know there is currently a small chance I could be pregnant I over analyse it all and it drives me mad!!

I had a bit of a temp increase today but mostly I feel absolutely shattered. Completely exhausted. I definitely feel like af is coming but it's too early I hope!! My legs ache, my back aches. I also have a banging headache. So I reckon I'm coming down with something. Can't wait to go to bed! I'm still brown spotting constantly so I'm still sure hormones all total AWOL and very unlikely to get a bfp this cycle sadly.

Has anyone got exciting plans for the weekend? I'm going home to my mums to spend time with family. Can't wait! Freya loves seeing her two little cousins (my sisters girls are 3 & 11 months).
Xx

Oh I will join that chant with you mrsw!! You're nearly done now!
I'm hoping these are good symptoms for you and this cycle will be a big surprise. Have a lovely weekend...that will pass some time for you.
We are going to look at a house on Saturday. We are not quite ready to move, but we are just starting to get a feel for what's out there. Xxx

MrsW I will join in on the chant with you! haha, love it. I still prefer the TWW over waiting to O... TWW is less stressful for me. But this is a slow TWW so I feel your pain. Some time next week I start testing, eee!

OK - ooh house hunting is fun! Enjoy!

We are house hunting too. We have a second viewing on our house Tuesday so hoping they will make an offer! Enjoy your viewing! X

What's the market like down with you mrsw? Here you have to sell before you can buy really...it's quite scary. I don't want the pressure of having to find something perfect only when you've sold. We are hoping to keep our house and rent it out, therefore making us chain free...fxd for you on Tuesday xxx

Ooooh house hunting! Have fun! :D

No AF yet and I checked and my cervix is still really high and tightly closed. But I know my C doesn't usually move down until my period shows up, so that's not a great indicator.

I'm due tomorrow or Saturday for :witch: -- I tested the evening I got that blue dye line and nothing. So that was a definite fluke. I may test in the morning. I'm not very hopeful, but I may just do it. I'm having a difficult time holding my pee because I have massively upped my water intake this week and am drinking 80oz of water a day PLUS coffee and tea, so I can't hold my pee more than a half hour tops! :rofl: So waiting for non-diluted urine isn't easy.

FX for you two in the TWW! I HATE the TWW! I'm just ready for an answer one way or the other, at this point. LOL.

Our weekend will be quiet. Hubby is an accountant and in his busy season, so he has to work on Saturday. Just planning a quiet day with my little girl and need to get work done. :)

OH, and a huge thank you for all of the encouragement. :hugs: You ladies are wonderful and I'm so grateful that you welcomed me into your group, even as a late-comer. I'm trying to remain open-minded without getting myself too worked up and optimistic. I think I need to go do some yoga to relax. :rofl:

Swann my hubby is an accountant too! Good luck testing tomorrow!! Let us know!

Pk yes here you need to sell first before you can make an offer on a house. We looked at a few but stopped as I didn't want to fall in love with houses we couldn't buy because we hadnt sold. I'm hearing the market has really picked up since the new year but we are not seeing it and only getting a few odd viewings on ours so I'm considering changing agent. Good luck with your viewing, lovely to be chain free!

X

Thanks ladies! I will def keep you posted!

Ahhh! :hugs: for accounting wives! :rofl: Lonely time of year about now! LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->