TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

I wish I could help mrsW I don't know anything about those supplements.

My allergies are ridiculous today. Can't stop sneezing and I probably have to work late so it's going to be a loooong day. Ugh.

thanks for all the love, ladies :hugs: we went for a nice long walk last night, had a glass of wine and snuggled on the couch. better perspective today :flower:

i picked up my clomid to try again this month (looking forward to those hot flashes again... haha), so hopefully round two will be more successful. :shrug: definitely having a stronger AF this week than previously, so maybe it did something helpful in there? i ordered some internet cheapie OPKs and HCG tests for this round. i'm going to continue my B-complex vitamins (with the prenatals, etc) and try get the raspberry leaf tea in my diet more regularly. any other natural supplement suggestions? are you all on ttc #2 or are some of you ttc #1 still, too?

question: i spotted a little saturday, and more sunday, then major AF started monday... should i could CD1 as monday? (that would mean the clomid extended my cycle a bit and would change when i take the next doses...) thanks for your advice!

DH and i were also saying last night that i need to look a little more into the big picture and not get so caught up in the ttc thing all the time. we still have our jobs (and i have a new job around the corner), house projects, vacations to plan, and lives to live! we decided that being sad one day is ok, but obsessing and trying to finance a bunch of expensive tests when its only been 6 (going on 7) cycles is a little overkill. we'll probably hang on to the order for the SA and maybe do that if we get closer to 9 months ttc. i already know that this will be much harder to do that just saying it, but perhaps it'll help me re-focus and not get quite so heartbroken every few weeks... :shrug: my new motto is going to be: "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer" :thumbup:

keep us posted, swan and mrs w! i'm not very familiar with the angus castus either, but if i come across anything interesting i'll be sure to share. good luck with the allergies, twink, tis the season! :dohh:

Duckie I think its just you and Twinklie that were/are ttc #1 but I think for most of us that have been ttc #2 or more it took a little while to happen. It took me 5 cycles and that was with tracking my cycles, well timed bding etc so it was obviously just a case of striking it lucky with the right sperm and egg, fc that'll be the case for you too :)

Fun Fact:

Filling out a bunch of paperwork in your first trimester can lead to combining three different zip codes, and eventually being so convinced of the imaginary one that you have totally blanked on the real one.

We are working our butts off to become credentialed with insurance companies for our clinic, so we can accept patients with insurance. However, there is just so much paperwork that goes along with it. And as many people can identify with, paperwork is tough enough with your full brain... it's nearly impossible with pregnancy brain. For some reason, my brain combined a bunch of numbers and has messed up our zip code since *AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER*. I have been messing up for so long that when my husband just corrected me, I was like "is he drunk? That's wrong"...

Wow... :dohh:

How are you doing MrsW? :hugs: :) Any news yet?

How are you feeling duckie? I think typically people start CD1 as whatever day they've begun with any blood, but I could be wrong. I usually marked it as "spotting" on FF or w/e and let them figure it out... :rofl:

I think cd1 is the first day of full on bleeding. I wouldn't count light spotting as cd 1.

Thanks swann, how are you?

Not great here. Spotting started yesterday and turned red today so I suspect af is here sadly. I didn't realise how much I had riding on this cycle, feeling pretty gutted. If I didn't get a bfp I at least hoped my lp would be normal but I'm only 10 dpo today. I had absolutely no idea the after effects of the mc would be so devastating.

Mrs w so sorry to hear that :-( 10 day lp is not ideal but I conceived twice with a 10 day lp so try not to worry too much. Sending you lots of love and hugs. Hope hubby and dd are taking care of you xx

Thanks fleur. My lp used to be 14 days. Did you try anything to increase yours the months you concieved or just didn't worry too much about it? X

No I didn't. I was considering it and actually bought some vitamin b6(??) I might be getting my vitamins mixed up!! But never got round to taking it. I was always ovulating cd 16/17/18 on a 26-28 day cycle. This pregnancy my cbfm gave me the peak on cd19 - crazy!! But I still conceived with that shirt an lp.

Honestly I think you are doing everything right - stick with it, you will get your bfp. I will be so happy for you when I see that post. I am keeping everything crossed that it comes next month.

Love and hugs xxxx

I agree. I didn't temp on the cycle we conceived, but my lp were terrible before that. Some 9, some 8, some 10 if I was lucky. It adds unnecessary stress. The baby is also measuring a few days younger than I should be pregnant, and that only further shows my lp was super short. Don't count yourself out with that short lp. It definitely can be done :hugs:

I'm so sorry that the witch got you. Treat yourself, and remember that we are all here for you. :hugs: I know what you mean about deadlines. I was counting down my own deadline, and it made each month we didn't conceive more and more difficult. Try and take some *you* time today, hun!!! I am keeping you in my prayers!!!!

So sorry to hear about the witch MrsW. Some cycles are just more disappointing than others. Hugs. Hope you can relax and have a pamper night. Xoxo

I think it is vit b6 Fleur, I'm already taking a b vit supplement. Thinking about it, I've never temped other than the times I got pregnant until now so I guess I can't know for sure that I had a 14 day lp but because I didn't get my bfp until 14 dpo I assumed so.

My worry is that with Freya, I know she implanted on 10 dpo because I had an implant bleed that day and so my worry with a 10 day lp and that my pregnancies implant later is that by the time they go to implant, I'm already on af.

Every cycle is getting harder and harder. I only wanted a 2 year gap between Freya and a new baby and I should currently be about 23 -24 weeks pregnant and got through the first trimester planning for that. I also spend alot of years after having an ovary removed at 21, worrying that I would not be able to conceive. After I got pregnant with Freya and my second pregnancy so easily, I stopped thinking it could be an issue and so this has all come as a huge shock.

I'm not living really. Just existing and waiting.

I can understand why you're worried. The thing is - this is only cycle 2 (right!?) after the mc as the first cycle was so whacky. So keep remembering that. Not long at all. I know it feels like forever because of all the time before the mc as well.

I know it's easy to say but I would try not to fixate on the age gap between Freya and your next baby. There are lots of bonuses to having a slightly bigger age gap than you'd hoped for - such as saving more ££, Freya will be that bit older and so can do more for herself, you will get your free nursery funding when on mat leave so less of a stretch if keeping her in nursery etc etc. I know none of these things compares with being pregnant and won't really make you feel better but I just wanted to say. It took us 4 months this time round which I know is really not long at all but now it's happening I'm glad it didn't happen right away - dd will be so much more grown up by the time baby arrives than had we fallen on month 1. I know it's easy to say that once you're actually pregnant.

I'm not sure if I am saying things that help or not but I just hate the thought of you feeling so despondent because it will happen for you. You've been pregnant twice before and there is no reason it isn't going to happen again - just so frustrating that no one can say exactly when it will be. Easily the worst bit of ttc! Huge hugs to you xx

Thanks Fleur. I'm on cycle 4 now. The mc was very early January. I know you are right but what helps most is the time you always take to thinking of and trying to help others. That means alot. Thank you :hugs:

Oh mrsw I'm gutted to see the witch got you hon. I totally get you on the existing bit...it upsets me to look think about the time I was ttc and basically I was just wishing it away. It's horrid how it takes hold of your life :growlmad:
I know you will get there soon and then I bet something will happen in your future to make you think 'so this was why I was supposed to wait until now' :hugs:
Look after yourself...lots of pampering and time to wallow right now.
How is dh doing with it all?
We are all sending love xxx

He's doing ok thanks. I think he was abit upset as he thought we'd done it this month. He's not a big talker really but I think he's ok.

I just feels bit numb. Got some b vit complex today to try and lengthen my lp. Here we go again.......

:hugs: Mrs W, i'm so sorry this cycle wasn't to be. It's totally understandable that you're feeling down and wondering about what 'might have been' TTC is rubbish and I sincerely hope your time there isn't too much longer and you get that BFP very soon. Hope the B vit complex helps, I took B6 from cycle 3 and we conceived on cycle 5 so even if it wasn't the 'magic' thing that gave us our bfp it can't have hurt :thumbup:

Thanks buttercup! Out of interest did the b6 lengthen your luteul phase? And how did you stop taking it? Did you just stop after your bfp? X

I have heard some people take it during oregnancy as well to help with MS

sorry to hear of your rough weekend, mrs w. i can definitely empathize with you about 'not living' since i've been feeling the same way for 5-6 months (i'm on cycle 7 of ttc #1)...

i started taking B-complex vitamins at the start of my last cycle. through some combination of that and a round of clomid, it lengthened my LP by a day or so. (usually 10 days, was 11 before i started spotting). it has made me a little bit nauseated even though i take them at bed time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->