• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

Duckie, I'm so sorry. I had some strange cycles while TTC. Some 21 dayers, and some with a 8-9 day luteal phase. I thought there was no way I could conceive. I love the idea of throwing away the temping for a bit and just going off of OPKs, arousal level, cm, etc.. You will get your bfp, hun! Take your treat: a nice bath, a strong drink, and a good book. Sending you some love :hugs:

Sorry Duckie! I also agree with everyone that you should let go of the temping and just listen to your body. I really hope you get your bfp soon!

Mrs W: So happy for your sister-in-law! She must be so excited! I hope she has great pregnancy!

Was really hoping to checkin and see some BFPs... hugs ladies.. you are in my thoughts daily <3

Hello ladies can I join please?

Swan told me about the group a while ago but i wanted to take a little break for a bit.

well I am Hayleigh and I am 26. I am married to matt.
I am a mum to logan-george who was stillborn at 43 weeks on the 28th Jan 2008, I also have a little boy Corbyn-matthew who was born at 37 weeks on the 28th jan 2012.
Last year I fell pregnant when ntnp but sadly lost the baby at 10 weeks :cry:

it took us 38 months to conceive corbyn, my husband was diagnosed with azoospermia, and they said there would be no way we would have anymore children. Well we beat them odds haha.

My cycles are all over the place!! Anywhere from 24 days to 44 days!!! Ovulation tests are not my friend most the time so I have purchased a clearblue fertility monitor (but yet to use it) I am on day 2 of a new cycle and I am now going to grab ttc by the horns!!

when my 2 year old asks for his baby it breaks my heart, so I want to make him a big brother (like his friends at our groups we go to)

sorry if none of that makes sense I am trying to do a puzzle with corbyn and type haha

Lots of baby dust to you all :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Hi mumanddad :wave: welcome to the group. Thanks for sharing your story. I am so very sorry for your losses. I love to hear that you beat the odds once and I hope you can do it once more. What exactly does azoospermia entail if you don't mind me asking?
Lots of :dust: for this next part of the ttc journey xxx

Hi mumanddad :wave: welcome to the group. Thanks for sharing your story. I am so very sorry for your losses. I love to hear that you beat the odds once and I hope you can do it once more. What exactly does azoospermia entail if you don't mind me asking?
Lots of :dust: for this next part of the ttc journey xxx

Thank you, azoospermia is where there is no sperm at all or low sperm count or a blockage. My husband has a varigus (sp) vein that blocks the tube sometimes. He had to do a few specimens and all came back with either no sperm or extremely low count.
They said the only way we could have more children would be ivf with a doner, which we was going to do but I needed to loose weight. So we applied to adopt but when we was invited to the seminar I got my bfp. We wanted to carry on with adoption too but was told not to

I don't want to fuss majorly over ttc because when we stopped trying with corbyn I fell straight away. But I need to get to know my cycles again X

hi mumanddad :thumbup: :flower:

thanks tiger! did you end up needing any kind of prescription support to conceive with your short cycles? (progesterone, clomid, etc) i'm at the point where i wonder if i do or not, but i'd love to hear if you were able to conceive naturally with that short of a cycle/lp!!

Hi mumanddad, welcome!! :hugs:

Thank you for sharing your story... I know you, of course, from our 2012 babies Corbyn and Kenny, but I don't think I ever knew the details of Matt's condition.

Sending :dust: your way, and loads and loads of hugs

i accidentally "unsubscribed" from this thread... how do i get it back?! :dohh:

Hello ladies can I join please?

Swan told me about the group a while ago but i wanted to take a little break for a bit.

well I am Hayleigh and I am 26. I am married to matt.
I am a mum to logan-george who was stillborn at 43 weeks on the 28th Jan 2008, I also have a little boy Corbyn-matthew who was born at 37 weeks on the 28th jan 2012.
Last year I fell pregnant when ntnp but sadly lost the baby at 10 weeks :cry:

it took us 38 months to conceive corbyn, my husband was diagnosed with azoospermia, and they said there would be no way we would have anymore children. Well we beat them odds haha.

My cycles are all over the place!! Anywhere from 24 days to 44 days!!! Ovulation tests are not my friend most the time so I have purchased a clearblue fertility monitor (but yet to use it) I am on day 2 of a new cycle and I am now going to grab ttc by the horns!!

when my 2 year old asks for his baby it breaks my heart, so I want to make him a big brother (like his friends at our groups we go to)

sorry if none of that makes sense I am trying to do a puzzle with corbyn and type haha

Lots of baby dust to you all :dust::dust::dust::dust:

Welcome!!! :hi:

I'm so sorry for your losses, but also so excited that you and dh beat the odds with your little gift! Welcome, and we are all sending you :dust:

hi mumanddad :thumbup: :flower:

thanks tiger! did you end up needing any kind of prescription support to conceive with your short cycles? (progesterone, clomid, etc) i'm at the point where i wonder if i do or not, but i'd love to hear if you were able to conceive naturally with that short of a cycle/lp!!

I didn't take anything. My prenatal is pretty high in the B vitamins, but I didn't supplement it extra on top, and I didn't take anything else along with it. I did give myself acupuncture treatments (I am an acupuncturist and specialize in fertility), and I took some herbs, but our schedule is hectic, so even that wasn't as often as it should have been.

I can't express how miserable I was. I thought there was no way I could conceive. I knew that my ovaries were troubled, since I was told that my ovarian cysts (not PCOS) were leaving scars that could eventually affect my chances to get pregnant. However, we conceived so randomly and without effort with our first-born that I didn't think about it again. I had the ugliest cycles. My luteal phases ranged from 8 days (I think) to *maybe* 13 days. Most often 9 or 10.

This all happened after my son was born. Before him, my cycles were heaven-sent. 28 days on the mark. So perfect that I knew I'd start bleeding every 4 Thursdays. I could mark it 10 months in advanced, and it would be true. After he was born, my hormones were wiped out, I guess.

I don't know how we did it, but we did. I wish I had a better answer. I didn't use that special lubricant (*something* seed... preseed?!?!), no extra meds, or anything because we couldn't afford it. We did give in to OPKs, and that was nice. It took some of the guess out of whether or not I was even ovulating. However, the cycle we conceived, I wasn't taking my prenatal, my temp or using the OPKs, as we were out of the country and I got lazy.

I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer, but please just know that you can conceive with an ugly UGLY cycle! It can totally be done!!!! :hugs:

i accidentally "unsubscribed" from this thread... how do i get it back?! :dohh:

I think simply commenting gets you back to having it show up in your subscription box. I know that I've simply commented once in a thread, and I still get notifications. If you want the emails and stuff from it, you got to your "User CP" and then manage subscriptions?!? I think. However, commenting is enough to get us to show back up in User CP for you :thumbup::flower:

phew! it showed up in my CP as you ladies suggested, thanks! sorry for the brief panic! :dohh:

tiger, you have absolutely made my week! :happydance: i am beyond thrilled that even with crazy and short cycles that you didn't require any medical/prescription intervention. i realize i might still be different... but i've been moping around thinking i'm just going to be out of luck til i can be seen at the doctors office again, which isn't til october! but perhaps i still have a chance to have things happen naturally and on my own!? that'd be wonderful :thumbup:

i had a pretty convincing OPK this morning and i'm a bit crampy this afternoon... if i'm O'ing or close to it, its a bit earlier than it has been! (cd 13 instead of 15ish) FXd! :dust:

i can take a pic of them when i get home this evening, i saved them to compare!

Today's OPK on the bottom, yesterday's on the top... What do you think? ++??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
Welcome mumanddad!! Glad to see new people joining us!

duckie: I would definitely be bding right now! That looks like a promising opk!

Welcome mumanddad!!! This is a great thread with lots of ladies in all stages of TTC. I am so sorry for your losses, that's horrible. :( I have two early losses before this BFP, and any loss is tough, but your sounds unimaginable. xoxo

You can click "thread tools" and click "subscribe to this thread" and pick your update options

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->