• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC Lucky Conkers!-Our first Conker has been born!!

Still pregnant!! Arghhhhhh!! I am a bit less grumpy today though and just finding it all faintly hilarious...

Jokerette - I know! So ready! Honestly I feel like I have a massive balloon full of water just hanging between my legs (apologies for that mental image!!) the sac must be so strong, I've walked sooo far yesterday and today! My friend joked that baby will be born in its waters as they must be so strong?!!

Thankfully I have a mw appt first thing tomorrow so going to ask how they plan to manage this and hopefully at least I will get an induction date at the very least. I am hoping they will book me in to have my waters broken manually or something but don't know if that's wishful thinking... I keep reading peoples posts about how hospitals keep them in at 5cm so how am I still walking around?!! Insane!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend! X

No kidding! My contractions were irregular but they kept me at 3cm onward! Though my LO was a month early so I think they were just being overly cautious lol.

I hope that if baby doesn't come prior to your appointment that tomorrow they see a sign and get you moving along. Clearly your body is pretty ready as I'm sure you are too! ;) hahaha.

Yeah I get the impression that our good old nhs in the UK is happier to let you get on with it than the service you guys get from your swanky hospitals, swann!! Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about the good old nhs but it don't think you would get sent home at 5cm on private health care!! That said, it's not like I've been in pain (other than mentally!!!) since then so I don't really mind being sent home other than I just WANT THIS BABY OUT!!! ;-)

I'm really hoping they will get the crochet needle out tomorrow and pop my waters - ha!!!!

Will update you all afterwards!

Water will be shed whether it be amniotic or my tears of frustration!!! ;-)

Xx

LOL Oh bless your heart! :hugs: I hope something happens soon for you, I'd def be going crazy by now also!

Thanks honey! I hope no other conkers have to wait beyond their due dates for mini conkers to appear, it's less than fun! :)

How far over are you Fleur?

I was pretty happy to be overdue last time, but it was January, a lot cooler and I wasnt too uncomfortable :shrug:

Hope the nighttime brings some action! Xxx

I'm 40+5 by lmp. However, I know for a fact (as was using cbfm) that I couldn't have conceived earlier than cd19 on that cycle which means I'm actually only 40+1 absolute most. Obviously am not saying this to the mw!!! And my dates didn't get changed at any scans at all.

So it's not horrific, I know... But what I am struggling with is the fact that dd appeared at 34+4... So we have been preparing all pregnancy for another early (possibly earlier!!) one than last time. we are talking 11 weeks of being ready to run to l&d at a moments notice! It really does feel like the longest pregnancy ever!!

My bump is so low I look completely ridiculous! I saw a friend in town earlier and she was like - oh-my-god!! But I have no twinges or anything. The odd tightening, but that's it! It's crazy! The midwives said I'm a 'silent labourer' which I quite liked - like some sort of silent assassin/ninja - ha!!!!

Ah bless you! I suppose they can't let you in without contractions unless they are going to break your waters or start it off for you??

How can we keep you busy?!......tell us about your hospital bag...what have you packed? Xxx

Sorry for the horrible wait Fluer! Yes tell us about your hospital bag!

Haha! Well last time - I didn't even have a bag packed! So have gone to town a bit this time... The baby has it's own bag with babygros, vests, nappies, wipes etc

In my bag I have.....
-2 nighties (!) for giving birth in
-3 pairs of pyjamas
- a pair of jeans to go home in (note these are maternity jeans - but some that are too tight to wear now so I figured would be good for post-birth)
- a long sleeve top and short sleeve top depending on weather to go home in
- 2 nursing bras
-about 60 pairs of black granny pants!!!
- 20 maternity pads (ugh!)
- a towel
- wash bag
- hairbrush
- dressing gown
- pressie for dd from baby
- makeup
- phone charger

I think that's it.... Oh and my notes! We also chucked in some food after the trial run on Friday as obviously may be in there a while and need sustenance!

I was considering taking a hair dryer but is that too vain?!! My hair takes ages to dry.... But I'm thinking if I'm on a ward I can't exactly go blasting hot air around?! I've left it out.

Any other ideas?? Have I forgotten anything?! Planning to wear a cheap pair of flip flops when I go in so I will wear those to go to shower etc

Thanks ladies!!! This is good distraction!!! Nothing happening tonight.... I hope I wake up in a hormonal angry mood tomorrow to face the midwife and demand a plan of action!!!!!!! Wish me luck!!! X

We were allowed to use dryers if we chose. I brought one since I know how Lon my hair takes to dry. In the end I didn't use it though!

Yeah maybe I will put it in. I have a small travel one.

Ooh the other thing is nipple cream - I didn't bf last time but the plan is to try this time.... Do you guys think it's worth getting nipple cream in advance? I have breast pads at the ready...

So glam!!! ;-)

Sounds very thorough Fleur, well done on remembering the notes!!
What about a pillow? I had to use my scarf in the small of my back when I had F, I will try and remember a pillow this time.
I will definitely be considering my own going home outfit better this time. Last time I chose a jumper dress that looked cute while pg, but with an empty baby pouch sagging down 1 day pp, not so hot!!! I think I thought it would all just disappear with the baby! I took a hairdryer and straighteners last time, if you have room maybe pack it?
I didn't plan to bf last time so didn't use nipple cream beforehand at all, but everyone says I should have!! They do some really good nipple compresses in Boots (think by Mam??) which you stick on between feeds, they were bliss in the first couple of weeks. xxx

My hospital actually gave me nipple cream, but I also had brought it with me. :)

Oh yes pk - good plan with the pillow. That was one thing I wished I had taken on Friday and forgot. Will do that! And maybe I will pick up some nipple cream/pads today - that can be my task for the day!

Swan - you're making your hospital sound like a palace!!! ;-)

Just getting ready to see the mw, wearing the top that makes me look hugest - ha!

Wish me luck girls!!!!! X

Not much to report...

Mw said that as baby seems happy, they won't induce before I'm 42 weeks... I cried and everything!! Asked if they would do it back end of this week but no... Even though I'm pretty dilated and inducing will just mean breaking my waters, they won't do it prior to next Tuesday as it counts as 'intervention' which they won't do until 42 weeks here...

So I'm booked in, 8am on 15 July. One week and 20ish hours to go! I have another sweep on Thursday but can't see it will work. So it's just a case of waiting it out and hopefully things will kick off on their own before then.

I'm planning to just try and enjoy this week and not go too crazy getting irritable over it all!

Ps just picked up my nipple cream - last item on my list - maybe that's what I need to get it going once and for all?!! ;-)

Oh Fleur! :( I am so sorry! I think I would have cried too! lol.

Glad you got all that's on your list! And PK is right -- having my own pillow was a blessing, one I completely forgot about until she said it. I had my own for my daughter's birth and was so grateful for it!

Thanks swan! It was pretty bad!!! Not sure what I was expecting from them...

I've calmed down now anyway. I'm not sure why I got my hopes up that they would let me be induced this week.... It's almost like I could get through the week but not another weekend!

Also we are supposed to be going to a wedding on the 19th... Looks like dh will be going on his own which I'm gutted about as had really hoped to go and introduce the new baby to our friends... But I guess it's not the end of the world! The bride will probably be happy at least...!!

Anyway hopefully baby will arrive, you never know! X

I know you said you're tired of curry so I am trying to think of what else!

Red raspberry leaf tea? Fresh pineapple? I heard they're good to encourage labor.

Maybe bounce on a birthing or yoga ball if you're too uncomfortable to do steps?

I know midwife talked about overdue and inducing labor naturally because beyond 42 weeks they won't deliver at the center and they can't induce at the center. She said nipple stimulation is a technique they highly encourage. It requires more than just a couple of minutes worth but maybe something to try?

Bless your poor heart!

I was drinking rlt but then I read that you should avoid it if you have already had a quick labour (which I have!) as it just makes your labour even faster!!

Tried pineapple and I have a ball that I'm constantly bouncing on (!)

I've not actually tried nipple stimulation but think I will. Esp as dh is refusing to come near me!! The cheek!! He got me into this he can bleeding well get me out of it!

But no - apparently he seems to think that it would be weird, as I'm so dilated and is scared of hitting baby's head. HONESTLY!!! Men!!! He has a very high opinion of himself ;-)

Thank you for keeping me sane ladies! 7 days and 14 hours to wait now...!!!! ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->