TTC peanut where are you!?

I AGREE!! i've always wanted to at least try it, it seems more natural and relaxing. i feel like you have more of a say on whats going on too.
i don't ever want to feel immobile or restrained but i guess you don't get a choice if all doesn't go as planed.

Haha yes. I'm guessing once we know the seed has been planted we will be wanting to get it out whatever way possible!

Hey Meg!

Like I said, my doctor was happy to see my harmone test results, so it should be a matter of time before we concieve :) For now no medications, only real regular BDing, temping, OPKing and CM watching :wacko: Lol, sounds like a lot but has become routine, really :)

My doctor really thinks everyone should get tests before TTC to rule out PCOS, thyroid etc. If you can't concieve for a year or so with normal test results, that's when you should go for medicated cycles.

Birthing plans - umm.. none yet. I hope I can convince my doc for Epidural, what with my low pain threshold :blush:

Molgold I hope you don't mind me spying on your chart...
I notice you bd in spurts and on consecutive days...

It is advised to bd every other day. Sperm takes upto 72 hours before it regenerates and also when you don't bd for a while when they ejaculate they fire blanks and sperm dies. So technical...

hope you don't mind my comments x

@ Molgold my husband and I haven't been using any type of BC for 5 years so my MD is going by that because there should have or could have been a pregnancy.
we just got his testosterone level back its @ the normal level but @ the lower side of normal so they want him to go to the urologist with the results.
i'm currently doing my blood tests I wont finish until the 29th. then the results a week later.

I just want to know everything so nothings unexpected! lol.
it really is so crazy how our body works.

Molgold I hope you don't mind me spying on your chart...
I notice you bd in spurts and on consecutive days...

It is advised to bd every other day. Sperm takes upto 72 hours before it regenerates and also when you don't bd for a while when they ejaculate they fire blanks and sperm dies. So technical...

hope you don't mind my comments x

No, I don't mind at all! Infact that's why I posted my chart - to gain insight :) I do agree our BD schedule is not perfect. Its a 3 day on / 2-day off schedule right now. Thats because DH has had to travel few days a week for work and when he's back - we just can't resist ourselves and stick to EOD. :blush: We just end up BDing anyway since he has to be back on the road ;)

Hopefully in a month or two he won't travel so much as we can stick to BDing EOD. BTW, is it really so bad if we BD on consecutive nights?

@ Molgold my husband and I haven't been using any type of BC for 5 years so my MD is going by that because there should have or could have been a pregnancy.
we just got his testosterone level back its @ the normal level but @ the lower side of normal so they want him to go to the urologist with the results.
i'm currently doing my blood tests I wont finish until the 29th. then the results a week later.

I just want to know everything so nothings unexpected! lol.
it really is so crazy how our body works.

So true! Our bodies do have a way of behaving unexpectedly. But Yay! You are taking matters in your hand, Kudos! :flower: Don't stress too much, everything will turn out great! :)

[/QUOTE]

BTW, is it really so bad if we BD on consecutive nights?[/QUOTE]

It's just something my dh researched and the doctor confirmed, so you are increasing your chances by waiting for sperm to regenerate.

That's why when you do a SA doctor will advise ejaculation 2 days before the sample.

I have a question may sound silly.

What is the benefit to temping ? How is it different from just using an OPK? I mean I'm sure it's more cost effective but is there a difference?

My MD Had said OPK's just find your surge that means you should ovulate but not that an egg has been produced. Thoughts?

It's not a silly question hun I had the same one too.

This is the first month I am temping and its pretty cool (although I was using it all wrong at the beginning lol) but its the fertility app that is quite powerful. It tells you when you ovulate and then after it can detect implantation and pregnancy through temperature spikes. You also know when af is lingering...

its cheap and cheerful so I would deffo recommend using it with okps...

stalk some charts on the pregnancy forums you will have a better idea there

Mmh, temping can't really help you pinpoint ovulation straight away, only if you have an ovulation dip, which not all women have. If your temp goes up after ovulation, at least you know that you have ovulated and can relax.
By temping, I found out that sometimes I have an lh surge but no ovulation, then another lh surge with ovulation 14 days later. Therefore my verdict, doing opks and looking at cm is more important than temping :thumbup:

Good luck to you all!!!:hugs:

Yeah you are right. My cycle has been screwed since jan. The app has told me I ovulated 5 days ago.. no idea as I have not had a proper af since 27th jan :-(

Mmh, temping can't really help you pinpoint ovulation straight away, only if you have an ovulation dip, which not all women have. If your temp goes up after ovulation, at least you know that you have ovulated and can relax.

Definitely depends on the person, though you are absolutely right: Temping can't tell you that you are about to ovulate, only that you have. For me, I found out that I consistently ovulate late (day 17 on average) and have a short luteal phase (11 days average, but as short as 8!). I don't think I ever would have realized this without temping, tracking cycles on fertility friend, and of course, reading these forums!

What is the leutial phase?
I did try checking my cervical mucus and cervix but I didn't chart it,
What app do you ladies use?

I use fertility friend. If you click on one of our charts it will direct you to their website, you can also download the app.

luteal phase is the days after ovulation to your period...

I have learnt so much on this forum it's unreal lol I didn't know anything before joining

Me too! I hear the lingo but I don't what know some of it means lol. Guess I should still be googling.

Downloaded the App. Do you girls temp during the luteal phase? I might start next month after AF arrives. We didn't try this month only BD once before OV.

Where is everyone on their cycle if you don't mind me asking. I'm 5dpo AF should be here the 26th.

Hi ladies,
I am 35 and have been ttc for 15 months. I never imagined it will be this difficult for me to get pregnant. I am on CD 18 now, on CD 11 I got smiley face on clearblue OPK and it was negative on the next day but I haven't got a temp rise so maybe I don't ovulate this month.
The previous cycles I've got all the symptomps but always ended up by af showing her ugly face. This cycle I feel nothing, I think I'm out this month :(
Baby dust to all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->