TTCAL PCOS thread

Yey Bumps!!!!!!!! :happydance: - of course you will be terrified - all you can do is keep a good healthy balance to maintain the pregnancy and try to stay on the positive side as much as you can :hugs:. I wouldn't worry about not having an af inbetween - generally it is for dating purposes. Being that your gp is a good egg ( based on the referral ) do you reckon they would track your hcg? just to reassure you?

My scan is on Thursday - starting to stress a little in case all is not well - nothing to base that on but the worry after a mc - fxd hey!!

Keep thinking Bumpy thoughts - will be crossing everything for you, I so so so so hope all is well :flower:

take care and keep us updated!!

If all is well I will try and scan in a pic from Thursday

hx

awwww thankyou, thats cheered me up! yep im gettin my first bloods done 2moro!! wooooohooooo!! everything will be fine on thurs! cant wait 2 see your scan pic! xxx

I will try and scan it in at work on Friday.

Good luck for the bloods :hugs:

x

Well that lasted long, Ive started bleeding. Thinking im having a chemical. get blood results in the morning, not getting my hopes up. but also thinking that it could just be a normal bleed! will let you know tomorrow. I suppose on the plus side that at least its 3 losses now so they will have 2 investigate, cause as you know my dr has referred me for recurrent miscarriage but was worried that they would turn me away as i hadnt had 3. Good Luck for scan xxxx

Would anyone mind reading this. . . https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/365600-cysts-help.html#post6033275

O:)

xx

Hi bumpyboo - FX for you that your bleed isnt anythin to worry about....are yr tests gettin darker?

Maaybe - those cysts are nothing to worry about. With PCOS you would expect to see many tiny follicles (cysts.) Basically, they are not quite cysts but more under developed follicles that havent released and so therefore stay put. Now Im no doc but it could just be that in yr life time you've had an occasion were you have tried to ovulate but havent quite. I wouldnt worry at this point and wait for yr results next month. Wen I was preg I had a couple of large cysts and my FS told me not to worry for one min about any cysts or free fluid founf wen preg as yr body goes thru so many changes in preg. Hope this helps x

Oh Bumps - praying it's just a normal bleed :hugs: good luck with the bloods - let us know how you get on - will be thinking of you :hugs:

Maaybe - Yep - when I was scanned for poss pcos it was lots of little follicles - def ask your dr to look in to whether this cyst could cause any probs - poss depends more on the size of it as to whether it would be an issue or not.

hx

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has used the HCG trigger shot more than once in a cycle?? I had my first HCG shot the day before I had an IUI and am supposed to take a second HCG shot on the 10th (10 days later) in order to sustain a pregnancy.

When asking a few of my PCOS friends, nobody had any idea what I was talking about. They'd never heard of giving two HCG shots. Has anyone had this?? If so, did it produce a pregnancy??

I'm also going in tomorrow because we think I overstimulated. I've heard that many women with PCOS have gotten pregnant during this point, but I'm keeping a level head because I don't want another broken heart.

Hey girls I'm joining you! Just found out tonight that I've got polycystic ovaries,the only symptons I have are irregular periods since my mc in nov and high LH levels.have to wait for hospital to write report then need to go to docs in a weeks time and take it from there x feeling low, gutted and 'why me'..nothing ever seems to be simple but my brother forwarded this quote to me..' pain is temporary, it may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever', thought i'd share it with you all xx

I haven't Mommy's Angel - but if no one on here does then www.soulcysters.com is likely to have someone on their message boards that has - it is a PCOS dedicated forum.

JCIC - a very wise brother you have :) don't let it get you down too much at this stage - the severity of pcos varies wildly from one person to the next so you may find it's easily treatable :hugs:

hx

Thank You, I'm an old member of SC's and was thinking about going over there if I hadn't heard back. I think I'll go on over and see if anyone has any input there.

There's a lot of experts and pcos veterans on there isn't there!!

hx

There's a lot of experts and pcos veterans on there isn't there!!

hx

Kat Karney, the owner of the site actually started it and she has PCOS. She used to be a reporter on CNN Health. Not sure if she's still doing that. There are quite a few women who have researched and have experience with it.

Thought I'd share an answer I rec'd from SC's board so others may see it if they need it too:

AnotherDreamer writes,

The second shot is a "booster shot", the idea is that the HCG from the shot will help boost progesterone production and help support a pregnancy. Most doctors don't do this, they just prefer to just give you progesterone supplements. But a few do this method with a booster shot instead, or in addition to progesterone supplements.

I'm not sure about having the cream in addition to the booster shot, but I would request a progesterone draw on 7dpo to check your level if there are progesterone concerns. Yes, if you would be taking it during pregnancy it makes sense to take it in the TWW to try and support an early pregnancy, but again the booster shot may be intended to do that so extra progesterone might not be needed. It would definitely be ideal if they would test your progesterone level so you'd know for sure. Anything over 10 indicates Ov, and on medicated cycles they prefer it to be 15 or higher.

So it looks as though the reason for the second shot is to boost Progesterone. They said it was a boost, but never said WHY at the Dr.'s. This is good to know.:thumbup:

Good info there - thanks for sharing :flower:

hx

Hi ladies how's everyone doing? HB your pregnancy seems to be going so fast! are you looking forward to your next scan? r u gonna find out the sex? Well my recurrent MC appointment is less than 2 weeks away, and im starting to stress!! Really dont know what to expect??? HELP!!lol xxxx

I think your first appt will be talking about your history and talking you through the tests they will do and poss taking bloods - you will be in the right hands at least :hugs:

It feels like time has sped up slightly now - the first weeks just dragged - I even went up a fruit today - size of a lemon - imagine that!!

hx

Lol that sounds strange saying "youve gone up a fruit!" nearly half way through now!x

I wonder if any1 can help me. Me and my hubby have been trying sicne october 2009 for a baby..but nothing :-( I goto told i Pcsos in March last year (on my 21st birthday lol) and after many tearful trips to doctor because was getting sick of puttin on weight. not having periods and get bad spots on my chin big time... (at one point i'd had enough and wanted to go back on the pill so i wud have periods and the spots would stop..but after a talk with my mum im glad i didnt lol) Wel the dr put me metformin 3weeks ago.1 week on 500mg..then 2nd week on 1000mg now this week 1500mg..due to go back to see dr in 2months and let them know how im doing...Well this week ive had terrible stomach ache (like period) and back ache..and got excited thinking i was going to come on (i havent had a period since jan 2010) but still nothing.... i did a PT beg of this week and was a neg...but not sure what to do now... do i jus contuine waiting?! Please help!!!!

I would keep in touch with your gp, Met can take several weeks to have an effect - if it continues like this after 2 months they may refer you to the gynae as they can look in to other ways of kicking off ov - eg clomid or femara. I know it's hard - you just want to be able to ttc but it can be a waiting game :hugs:

hx

:flower:

Aww thanks for the reply. Its just so depressing especially tonight as all i wanted to do was cry when my 2 of my friends came out with 'hey guess what im pregnant!!' Of course im happy but one of them has only been trying for 6weeks!!! :growlmad: lol
N they were winding me up as i kept having to go to the toliet after nearly every drink to wee and they were like 'oooo ur'l be next' If only they know eh?!

My doctor has given me enuff tablets to last me till about mid-end August '10'.So if my tummy is still sore after i finished theses tablets i will ask my doctor to refer me back to the hospital. I just feel that the hospital look down on me coz of my age! lol.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->