TTCAL PCOS thread

my symptoms.....

I broke my leg in Feb last year and from then until July I had gained 10lb...which I thought was pretty good since I wasnt very mobile. Once I came off BCP in July to December I gained almost 40lb, even though I was more active (as I was allowed to start walking)

My cycles never became consistant. It wasnt as crazy as some peoples, but it ranged from 29-39 days which my NP didnt like so she said we should keep an eye on it.....then I had a cycle that was 75 days, and then the cycle after that I was bleeding throughout the cycle (this was the cycle after my chemical).

She asked about hair growth on my face and belly which I have always had quite a bit under my belly button....but I noticed that hair was growing a lot faster on my upper lip since coming off BCP. She sent me for an U/S to see about ruling out PCOS.....and in the end it didnt. I have cysts on both and I think more on the left.

Since then I noticed some hair on my chin :(

My SIL has PCOS....
she was diagnosed when she was about 12. She had 1 period and didnt have another. SHe gained like 50lb and grew hair on her sideburns, upper lip and even her back.

They put her on BCP and all of those symptoms went away.

7 years later she got pregnant, and then again 2 years later.

I think her PCOS isnt as bad as it used to be as many of the symptoms have never come back, or not as strong. She has a 3 yo and a 9 month old and thinks she may be pg again.

hi and welcome xshell

I have regular cycles 28/29 days and ovulate most months on my own :shrug:

But I defo do have pcos, diagnosed by an ovary scan, and bloods, high testosterone, and low progesterone. It is only my left ovary that is polycystic (only 3 follies atm - checked last week) When I came off BC, i rapidly gained 50lbs, my acne worsened, and I slowly became hairier, stomach, chin, and upper lip!!

I had been prescribed metformin and clomid in the past, but was taking neither when I fell pregnant with my angel, as I was unaware of the importance of these 2 drugs when you suffer with pcos, the risk of miscarriage is as high as 45% for us, which is shocking really!

hope you can get some help hun xx

thanks sparkly and ngridley......

i started putting weight on after the depo injection was only on it for a year had last injection sept 2007 didnt get my first af till aug 2009 ...unfortunalty mc in jan 6wks. so it took a good 18months for af to return from the injection..

ive read a fair bit on metformin and im hoping a get perscribed it but i wasnt sure what they would give me as i seem to ov and can fall preg...just the 45% chance of mc scares me!!

im going to try and lose weight so hopefully i will get the metformin but because im overweight they might not give it me!!!

ive read a fair bit on metformin and im hoping a get perscribed it but i wasnt sure what they would give me as i seem to ov and can fall preg...just the 45% chance of mc scares me!!

im going to try and lose weight so hopefully i will get the metformin but because im overweight they might not give it me!!!

I have a 17 year old son, and with my angel fell preggie first cycle of ttc. It's not the getting pregnant for some of us....it's the staying pregnant. The losing weight is hard too, we do get dealt a bad hand with pcos, the metformin can actually help with weight loss too! good luck hun x

The weight thing is pants!! I lost over a stone after my mc with a lot of excercise but with ttc the excercise tailed off - still been eating healthy but at my mw appt I had put it all back on - aaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!

I'm ok Nat - still petrified that something will go wrong but excited at the same time - how about you? How's the follicle tracking going - are you getting the icsi??

hope you're ok

hx

hi ladies,, ivv had so many blood tests done and hormone tests, and apperently mine r all ok,, do u think i shud ask him wht my progesterone and testosterone level are, as im getin worried that thy might not be right,, but if there was a prob surely my fs wud of asked 4 them to dbe done and tel me that ther was a prob?
xx

did you have a cd 3 blood test? Normally testosterone is included in this as a matter of course? it normally includes estrogen, lh, fsh, estradol ( ovarian reserve ) It's def worth asking them to check progesterone to know you are oving.

https://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=2#81

There's a table quarter of the way down this web page that gives the whatnot on blood tests.

I would ask for the results of the test anyway - thats just me tho - I like to know for myself.

Let us know how you get on :)

hx

i no i def had lh and fsh done, it wasnt cd3 tho, it was end of cycle i think, is it serious if i do have it?
xx

As far as I've read fsh and lh should be cd3 - the only other cd's on the table are progesterone which is cd21 or 7dpo ( depending on your cycle ) and LH & estradol which can also be tested on surge day but lh on this day wouldn't give you much of an indication of your hormonal balance - one of the most telling things about lh in pcos women is the lh:fsh ratio on cd3. testosterone is obv handy in pcos women as this is something we can have more of - again cd3. If you are having irregular or long cycles progesterone indicates if you are indeed oving - so I guess you would monitor for lh surge with opks and get bloods done 7dpo.

maybe print of the table and ask them to go through the tests you've had done ?

hx

How is everyone!
DH and I just got back from a well needed vacation (8 day cruise) so now I am back and ready to get back to TTC and healthy eating!
I definitely wasnt following my GI diet on the ship.....but I also didnt gain any weight (DH gained 10lb -- now weighs a whopping 146lb LOL)
going to start tracking my BBT again which I havent really in a few cycles because I just got fed up and mad at the whole thing.....but I really want to see if my body decides to O.

Glad you had a lovely hol :) good news on the weight!!!

Good luck with your new ttc regime :)

hx

Hi Ladies, hope everyones doing ok!? My dr's referring me for recurrent miscarriage...very happy! what will they do? what should i expect? xxx

Hi Ladies, hope everyones doing ok!? My dr's referring me for recurrent miscarriage...very happy! what will they do? what should i expect? xxx

thats good!!
Always nice once the doctors do something about it.

I am no help other wise, but I wish you good luck :)

Hey Bumps

I am glad your dr is taking this seriously - this link explains a lot about the testing they do:

https://www.miscarriageassociation....tigations following recurrent miscarriage.pdf

How are you bearing up?

take care

hx

thanks HB, cant beleive your coming up to 12 weeks, that seems to have gone really quick! have you had a scan yet? Im doing ok thanks, my first miscarriage baby would have been due in 2 days so a bit down about that. but got to think positive and cant wait for the app in july to see about recurrent miscarriage. Im worried though that they will turn me away as ive not had 3 losses but surely they cant do tht if my drs reffered me?! xx

I doubt they will turn you away Bumps - especially with an already known underlying condition :hugs:

I guess this will be a very hard time for you emotionally - are there people around you that can support you during this?

my original edd is on it's way too - mid July :(

It seemed to go slower at first but these last 2 weeks have flown by!! My scan at 12+5 is on 8th July - fxd for good news!!!!

Let us know how you get on at your appt

hx

Hello, not long till your scan HB1, i bet your soooo excited! Im excited 4 u! Ive just found out im pregnant again, 3rd time lucky hopefully! Although i am petrified, I havent had a period since MC which was nearly 7 weeks ago. Im worried that its too soon 4 my body. I know the Dr's advise u 2 wait till uve had a period after a MC but this is only for dating reasons isnt it?

Hope everybody else is doin ok?!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->