TTCAL PCOS thread

They shouldn't judge you on your age - that isn't their job - if you feel your treatment is less than it should be based on your age I would def complain. So far it sounds pretty typical - they will try Met as it does help a great deal of people easily and cheaply and look further if it does not help - for me it did help but I was lucky to be ov anyway.

I know how hard it is hearing about pg friends - after my mc there were so many everywhere and it can get to you - more of a why not me feeling but it is so hard :hugs:

Hang in there!!

hx

Had my app, and been prescribed metformin!!! Yay!!! got to go back in 3 months and depending on how it goes i will be prescribed clomid! So chuffed! :)

hey ladies just wanted to give you some hope... i had been TTC with pcos for 3 years on metformin the whole time well this cycle was 114 days i decided to stop everything at about cd70 didnt take anything no met no spironolactone nothing just a lot of bding and well i found out yesterday i am 6 weeks pregnant with twins!

Wow! Congrats on the twins. WTG!! How's the daddy holding up with the exciting news?? Have you told anyone yet?? SO excited for you!

hi ladies ive been diagnosed today with having pcos....so of to the docs tomo to see about metfromin that my gyno said would help..

ive been referd to the repoductive department at my hospital as my gyno said she doesnt think im ovulating even thow im pretty regular and chart...so im a bit confused that my chart shows a thermal shift but i guess my blood results dont (hopefully get to see those tomo) does anyone else chart and shows they dont ov?

any advice would be great ...thanks

Hi Guys

Be forewarned, this is going to be a bit of a long post.

You may recall I posted on here briefly earlier in the year. I was diagnosed with PCOS earlier in the year by the endocrinologist and given metformin. After we got married in April we were waiting for our fertility clinic apt as we were struggling to ovulate and become pregnant.

On 7th July we had our 1st apt with gynaecology about fertility and she didn't rate metformin, not much proven statistics behind it. Which I had dome some research and found myself anyway. So we left the clinic and plan was to wait for appointment for laparoscopy and check my tubes were okay and if so, onto clomid, if not, then IVF.

We found out the day after 8th July that we were in fact pregnant.

Unfortunately I miscarried a week ago today and we lost of little tiny 6-ish week old baby :(

It's been a clouded few weeks, but through the various scans and blood tests I've had over the last few weeks rulling out ectopic, etc., due to the pain, no-one has mentioned PCOS or anything.

I stopped taking metformin when we found out we were pregnant as instructed by my GP.

Now I'm awaiting an apt for laparoscopy to check my tubes before going straight onto clomid if all okay, but I feel a bit lost and as if I have not asked all the correct questions to try and identify if our miscarriage was due to PCOS?

Hope this makes sense and sorry for the long post!

Yey to Bumps' appt :happydance: it's great to feel positive :)

Kenziesmommy - OMG twins!!! babies can be like buses I guess!! congratulations!!

xshell - I never charted I'm afraid - too forgetfull in the morning! but I was oving. good luck with the blood results - there's lots they can do do get you oving :flower:

FallenAngel :hugs: I am so sorry that you are going through this. I had the same worry after my mc - was it due to pcos?? - as it was my first pg they didn't test and I'll never know. The other thing that gets me is that they don't know enough about pcos still so there are lots of conflicting theories about the right treatment for it - it doesn't help those of us trying to get pg or dealing with mc.

I would gather all the questions that are coming to you and get an appt with your gynae - I would take your oh and your questions written down as it's easy to miss things.

You may never know why your baby passed away :hugs: but all you can do is try and get your body ready for ttc again and that sticky bfp you've been longing for :flower: good luck with the laparoscopy and clomid - am sure you'll be celebrating soon :)

For me my consultant seemed to rate met and put me back on it after mc and I am on it till 16 weeks - which is this week!! ( crazy!! )

hx

Hi How is everyone? cant beleive your 19weeks now HB1!!! its gone so fast! Have u had 20week scan yet? Are you going to find out if litle on is a Mr or Mrs?!xx

Certainly am Bumps :) next Friday!!!

How are you doing? any tests yet?

hx

I have PCOS and I'm currently pregnant. Luckily it's my 2nd child and with my OH I haven't lost a baby yet. I have had a loss in the past but I will post that story in a new thread. Because of PCOS I've got chronic depression and other psychological problems, which I'm not ashamed if, it's part of me. Before I fell pregnant I was on dianette. Never taking that again. As if the hormone surges didn't cause enough problems, dianette turned me into a raging loony. I didn't get violent with my OH or my daugher but I did throw things around the house and rage a LOT. My sister took it and had the same result. After that my doctor tried to put me on cerazette. I bled for 6 weeks straight so I'm avoiding those too. I'm not sure what the best contraceptive out there is for PCOS but I'm being driven mad having to try to find time to control the body hair problem. It's not obvious as the facial side of it is fair but noticeable. My OH doesn't mind it and accepts me for who I am but it still makes me paranoid. I'd also LOVE to lose weight but the only time I've managed to lose it was when pregnant with my first baby. I was over joyed about that but since then I've piled it back on again.

Hey Didz - I was on the depo injection for a couple of years and had even more of a nightmare with my weight - have resorted to condoms only as I don't think the pill ( I put on 3 stone in a year on that ) or the injection suit me at all - don't know if it's to do with pcos. Now the only way I can lose weight is strict diet and excercise every day - miss a day and I put back on.

Not excercising much at the mo being pregnant - just walking and have signed up for aquanatal - plan on losing weight after I have my baby ( fingers crossed all goes well! )

hx

Congrats HB1 on finding out your having a little boy!! Bet thats exciting!! No more tests for me yet and still waitin for the blood results that the gynae did, which was over a montha go so i shall call the dr's 2moro!! As for the metformin, it hasnt made me ovulate i dont think, been on it for weeks and not had period :( I dont know what the normal is whether people normally get periods straight away??

Hows ur little bump?? growing nice and big?! Have u had any movements yet, is he gonna be a little footballer?!lol xx

Thanks Bumps :) My bump is big for the weeks - nothing abnormal - just the way I'm carrying. Lots of little kicks going on :cloud9:

If the met isn't kicking your ov off then they might start clomid - the will always start with met as it's cheap, not invasive and does work for a lot of folk - it's also good for keeping a hormonal balance for early pregnancy.

Clomid has more side affects and you only get 6 cycles and there is more involved with that ( follicle tracking etc ) - femara is meant to do the same as clomid but is gentler on your system.

Hope your tests turn up something fixable :hugs: How you feeling anyway?

hx

You never know this is only your 2nd full cycle with met - it can take a while to kick in.

Bless, must be a wonderful feeling. and it seems to be going so fast, before you know it you will have your baby boy in your arms! Have you been buying anything yet?

The gynae said after 3months if nothings hapened he would prescribe me clomid but need to get the weight down a bit. I havent weighed myself but i do feel as if ive lost "a bit!" Hopefully though as you said it might take a while to kick in! And all i can do in the mean time is have fun DTD hoping that i might ovulate!lol

Apart from that im feeling good, just got back from holiday and feel like it has done me and OH good to have had a break and a brilliant time having a laugh etc. so who knows what might happen, alot of people say that they stop obsessing and BAM it happens so fingers crossed! x

i have pcos and tried clomid last year, unfortunatly it did not work for me so had ovarian drilling in july, this made me ov 14 days later but not ov since, im on cd8 and hoping i will again, if not i will be put back on clomid as there is a chance after the drilling clomid will work

I'm so woried it's nt goin to work and I'm jot goin to ov x

oh dont worry that it will happen to you, i think i just have stupid lazy ovaries :dohh:, please dont worry as clomid works so so well for so many people, if i get it again i will def feel positive about taking it even though i was resistant last time, do you ov at all now?

I dnt no I went for a internal to check on the cysys an the fs said I had a egg so I shud ov I'm quite regular most of the time so I think I may do but just very late x

that sounds very hopeful then, clomid will prob give you a much stronger ov, i dont usually ov at all, in 3 years trying i only have proof of one so thats maybe why it didnt work for me, when do you start them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->