TTCAL PCOS thread

You turn it on each day and at certain points it asks for a test - it monitors your oestrogen and lh so it can tell you when your in high fertility ( as the oestrogen increases ) and peak ( as you get the lh surge ) - a very fancy ov test with the oestrogen testing as an extra. It learns about your cycle to know when to test.

It does cite pcos as a potential problem but as I am lucky to have regularish cycles then it might be ok - it might also show any bonkers lh movement so I can raise with the dr!!

Am glad got af tho - not just to use the fm but also as is first full cycle with the metformin :)

How's you?

hx

Found this on LTTTC forum - interesting :

https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...on-first-time-did-differently-update-bfp.html

Hi ladies, hope ur all doing well :) I got my period today!!!! WOHOOOOOO about time!! So just wondered, u know they say ur more fertile after a miscarriage is that literally straight after up until having ur first period or am i in for a good chance after my first period:shrug: thats if i ovulate...maybe my stupid body would like me to wait another 3 months!

Hi ladies, hope ur all doing well :) I got my period today!!!! WOHOOOOOO about time!! So just wondered, u know they say ur more fertile after a miscarriage is that literally straight after up until having ur first period or am i in for a good chance after my first period:shrug: thats if i ovulate...maybe my stupid body would like me to wait another 3 months!

Yay!!! I seemed to ovulate earlier this month by about 4 days so I wonder if that was because of the miscarriage. So I would suggest ttc every couple of days all through cycle just incase, and keep an eye on cm changes. I find opk's work for me, and are a life saver and sanity saver!

Hey bumbyboo - Have heard that the uber fertile time is for a few months after the mc - not just the month straight after!! I would def agree with Chocs - get some sort of ov monitoring on the go - also check out the sperm meets egg plan!!! Well done on the AF - hope it isn't too painful!!! hx

Thankyou!! I want to start monitering now, as ive never bothered before because my cycles are irregular so what do u suggest i do?:shrug: to be honest i dont really have a clue about CM, temps etc!! Oh and its VERY painful!!!! im in agony and am getting very annoyed that i cant keep up my keep fit regime as i cant go swimmin everyday :( I think i can actually say that im in more pain than what i was when i had the MC!xx

oh and i lost another 1.5lb at weightwatchers last night!!! Wooooo I know its not alot but its a start!

Yey for the weightloss and to lose it when you're "on" is even cooler!!!!

My af's have been more painful too - I used to just have 1 painful day - now there is more pain and it lasts longer - aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrgggghhh.

The temping is meant to be really good as you can tell that you have ov'd and to get an idea of where in your cycle this is happening can give you a greater insight.

Ov kits I think they advise to start testing from day 10 until you get a positive - although this alone just shows the LH surge and doesn't confirm you have def ov'd. The PCOS def doesn't make this any easier and if your hormones are all over the shop could make the ov kits innacurate.

Hope the af is over soon - it does drag a girls motivation down!!

hx

I know i really didnt expect to of lost anything as i feel so bloated and could barely fasten my jeans!!

Ive tried the ovulation kits before and they never worked for me because of me being irregular! i think they would only work if i used them everyday!

What do u mean by temping? do i just take it normally everyday? xxx

Yeah take the temp each day before you get out of bed - I'm just marking mine on an excel sheet - but a lot of people use fertility friend - Chocolate does and is more of an expert than me.

You would expect a dip and then a rise just before ov the the temp would stay at the higher level until your AF before which you would see a dip - if you were pg you wouldn't see this dip and the temp would stay high.

ahhh i understand!! I will have to buy a digital thermometer as i only have one that u put on ur head so its not very accurate!! Thanks!

ahhh i understand!! I will have to buy a digital thermometer as i only have one that u put on ur head so its not very accurate!! Thanks!

I think boots do them cheapley, you need one that goes to 2 decimal points, so 98.67 for example. Try to take your temp at the same time each morning before you wake fully, and ideally after 3 hours sleep, so dont get up for a drink or the loo and then do it. Charting is great for seeing when you have ovulated but doesnt predict it happening

My chart is in my signature if you want a look.

CM - the egg white consistency cm is the most fertile so bd like mad if you see it! May only be obvious after a bowel movement or you may have to check daily for it. Cervix being soft and open is also fertile.

I buy ov tests off the auction site quite cheaply and use daily from day 8 ish.

Thanks alot for that, im having a look at ur chart and slowly starting to get my head around it!!

Thanks alot for that, im having a look at ur chart and slowly starting to get my head around it!!

did you just sign up to ff?

Someone looked at my homepage and signed up and earnt me 5 days free VIP membership :happydance: thanks very much if you did :thumbup::flower:

Just found this - success stories from ladies with PCOS - just incase any one thought it might never happen!!
hx
https://www.soulcysters.net/uk-girls-ttc-success-stories-plus-any-helpful-doctor-info-238772/

Someone looked at my homepage and signed up and earnt me 5 days free VIP membership :happydance: thanks very much if you did :thumbup::flower:

Yes I did!! Not that i understand it yet :S Lol How much does it cost?

Yes I did!! Not that i understand it yet :S Lol How much does it cost?

Thanks :thumbup: I just get the free basic membership, but you can do the VIP not sure how much it is. I just got 5 free VIP days because you signed up from homepage, and it also says if someone signs up to VIP from homepage I get 30 days free, never knew that or Id have recommended people before lol!

Oooooo well at least u got a few free days, im gonna give it a go....wish me luck!!lol it looks very confusing!

lost a pound - wooohooo - 1 stone in total since 29th Dec!!! hx

lost a pound - wooohooo - 1 stone in total since 29th Dec!!! hx

Oh Big congrats hun,really pleased for you. As for me I am so disapointed in myself i had one meal today and gained 4 lb "how the hell does that happen" I am so so upset again............what the hell is going on with my body arghhhhhh. Tuesday aka dooms day when they refuse me chlomid,I just know it.I keep thinking I am gonna loose the plot if they refuse it me again!!!
But big congrats to you hun your doing fab xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->